main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Official Photographer for Mos Alba

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Gecko_Fett, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    This question goes out to Bob & Michelle! What are the odds of creating a new position for the Mos Alba Fan Force/501st groups? The position I would like to see put in place would be a Official Photographer. It would be so nice if we had someone in place to document our events! We could also have a back-up person to handle this task if the main person cannot make it to the event. Just an idea...but pictures really show people who we are and what we do as a group!

**********ALERT********************

I understand there is a big event happening this coming Sunday and a really big event on the evening of the 18th! We need a war correspondent to get in the trenches!

Who will be our Frank Capra???

2. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Well, that could be one of the responsibilities of "Historian."

I don't know if the position responsibilities in the charter explicitly state photographing. I'd have to check...

3. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    nope, but I think it generally goes with it.

4. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Not looking for a title or anything, but I would gladly back-up the official photographer. I have a decent digital and lots of time...

-propgeek

5. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Do we have a "Historian"?

6. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Have you read your email I sent ya?

7. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    yes...nothing about our historian?

8. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Is it possible to have like an unofficial pic day on BBQ sunday so everyone who wants to take pics and all so we can have an updated banner that has more than 6 people from the group on it? That is if people are interested.

9. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    That sounds good Dave.

10. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Well, we can try to take the pics. It's easier with a blue or green screen behind everybody. I resent pics to Lor last night and this time I managed to get them to go through.

These were the pics from the March meeting. Or was it April, I don't remember. Either way, I sent those pics to Lor last night. We'll take more pics this weekend, too.

But about the banner. I don't know. If we try to put everyone's mug up there, it'll get crowded. We'll have to reduce the size of everyone. Maybe we want to do something different?

11. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    We should try to get as many people as possible on there so nobody feels left out, if not just take a vote on what type background theme we would like.

12. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    We could do that, too!

13. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    I'm throwing Padme Shower scene in off the Bat, Who's with me? [:D]

14. Qui-Gon-Matt

Apr 20, 2005
    I'd buy that for a dollar! count me in!!

15. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    I'm throwing Padme Shower scene in off the Bat, Who's with me?

Is it the super-secret exclusive unrated version?

16. Qui-Gon-Matt

Apr 20, 2005
    We can only hope. =P~

17. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    Nope, its the Super Soaked Exclusive Unrated Version! How hot is that! =P~
    Bad influence indeed!

18. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    um, if you guys want you can come to my house, the kitchen in my house is actually a decent place to take them. So we can have an offical picture day with costumes - which would be a pain at 6the BBQ.

as for feeling left out - those were taken before many of you guys were here. should of joined us earlier - and there are 8 people not 6 :p

and I will be stealing my dads camcorder for the movie premier. I will see if I can find my digital cam as well

19. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    I would love to see us do a video like the one that Varza posted...you know....the one from C3...the one that kept showcasing David!

We need to come up with a cool song for the background music!

20. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    Yes but 8 with multiple pics of some, and there is well over 25 in the group, fair represention. I think everyone in the group needs to be appreciated as a collective so a pic day would be cool as you suggested. I just feel the group is not the same as when it was created, or even when I joined back in August, A lot of us have been contributing members of the group for over 9 months and still not even mentioned on the website as members, there is a girl who I've never seen before, but no Peter, Joseph, DarthLynn, Roman, Victor, Scott, Jerahl, Colleen, etc. On a side note the banner is not the same, it has changed within the last 9 months.

In Response to Jess, That's a great idea! Let's take it further though and dedicate a site to just pictures on me and link it to the forumm and we'll call it "Dave ALBA" , we can include everyone else but I have to be the main focus on the picture. [face_laugh]

21. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    I'll try and remember to bring both my digital cam and videocam for the midnight show.

As for the banner, yes, I agree with David that both the website and the forum banner are not up to date, but that's not really Lor's fault.

I'll get this taken care of soon.

22. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    I agree bob, Lor is doing his part as the web master and he doesn't get paid for it, so I am respectfull of the time and effort he devotes to the group.
    I don't see anyone in the group who doesn't contribute in some way, Except for you Darthlynn, you're evilllll!

23. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Thanks, Dave.

I just want to make sure that everyone's clear that it's not his fault. My real life crap just gets in the way, sometimes.

And DarthLynn contributes in her own special way, doesn't she. She contributes enough EEEEEEEEEVVVILLLLLLLLLLL for everyone!

24. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    well, maybe we should finally have a picture day... we have tried to have them but no response... i am sure Bob will work on something with Lor.

And yes the group has grown Dave - I was joking with my comment about to bad - I know that. We just need the group to show up.

Like I said, everyone is more then welcome to come over and take pictures. It doesn't even have to all be at one time. If you have a time you would like to come and take the pics that is good for you and such just give me a PM or a call. I will give you directions and you can come over and take the pictures. My kitchen is still empty so I have plenty of room left.

Heck, come over after the midnight showing, I will make pancakes and we can take more pictures and then nap. I have a futon people can use and a nice hard floor. :p

How about we set a time to start maybe working on a new banner after the movie release?

25. obi_dave_kenobi

Sep 10, 2004
    Hard wood floor? I dont mess the with the concrete floor, too cold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.