main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Official Photographer for Mos Alba

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Gecko_Fett, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    nope theres carpet its just cheap and so is the padding...

but I know where the blue screen lives so like I said, just send me a PM and I will PM you my number and address

2. cyndilt76

cyndilt76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    just thought i'd offer the knme studio to take pics in-- we have a green screen, not a ILM size but big enough i think-- we may also have a blue screen curtain,i can check, and tons of lights to use-- just an idea.

we could even try and set up some forced perspective stuff with figures and... ok maybe i'm going over board...

3. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    if we had a professsional photographer that knew how to do the forced perspectives and such that would rock...

by the by, teh screen there for some major group shots would rule. I was thinking of using my kitchen only for individual shots to put up on the banner.

4. frankm

frankm Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    The easiest way for you all to be photographed with action figures doesn't involve forced perspective at all.

If you have a green/blue screen just shoot photo's of action figures in the same light and have them photoshopped into a photo of you. Just a suggestion. It would be a lot less trouble.

You could also photograph an empty action figure package and do the same thing. Put yourself in a real action figure package instead of the big one they take to conventions.

It would look infinitely cooler to photograph some kotobukiya statues to pose with. They are much more dynamic than the figures. I mean, imagine your lightsabers clashing with the statue of darth maul...

http://comicstatues.com/star_wars_art.html

5. cyndilt76

Apr 27, 2005
    yes you're right-- it was just an idea

i do a lot of work in photoshop for my job, i was just thinking filmic-ly, it's a curse.

can you tell i want to make a fan film? :)

6. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    very cool... I know Lor has done somethings like that with shots from Galaxies. The backgrounds for the profile images are from galaxies

7. Lorithavon

Lorithavon Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2003
    green screen with proper lighting, I'm so in!

-lor

8. frankm

May 9, 2005
    "can you tell i want to make a fan film?"

Weekend at white sands anyone? Seriously, I have spent some time at white sands, and it would make an awesome location to shoot one.

If you guys are serious about the green screen, I would volunteer to help shoot some photos. The photoshop force flows through me too. I think some really great stuff could come from a session like that. I have always wanted to try and blend fine art and sci-fi photography!

"Nude with helmets" would make a great art exhibit name.

Just kidding.

You guys have some great scenery here in New Mexico. Some of that used as backgrounds would be cool too in my opinion.

I am in if you guys can use me. I have all the free time in the world.

9. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    We've actually discussed fan films in the past and definitely at White Sands...it's very "otherworldly".

If we can get a bunch of us (including the Outer Rim FF)to go to Cloudcroft sometime soon, we could always stop by for a photo op.

Yes - all for a Photographer position!!!

BTW, Lor, do you need me to email the photos or are the ones I posted on the threads adequate?

10. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Cyn, that is an awesome idea! We could do great group and individual shots there!

11. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    If it's cool with KNME that we use the place, then I say we do it.

Large screen and proper lighting will make Lor very happy.

12. cyndilt76

Apr 27, 2005
    ok-- for stills- i'll start a discussion at work and see who's in on the crew for helping us with lighting and stuff... some weekend probably would work best. i'll get the dimensions of the green screen, and see about the blue one... (as far as ok with knme-- i'm sure-- i shot a zombie short there after hours last month-- a few stills in the studio- i'm sure it won't be a problem)

i'll let you know. so we can organize days.

maybe we can all discuss the fan film idea at the bbq? as far as script and ideas and stuff.

13. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Another member, BelaLugosi, who is either about to go or is already headed overseas for a while, had a story outline and was working on a script with a friend of his. I'm eagerly waiting on that. It's a bit of a horror set in the SW universe!

14. Outpour

Outpour Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2005
    BelaLugosi..

this BelaLugosi http://thedentedhelmet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5042&highlight=imperial

Lives in ALBQ?!

*freaks out*

I HAVE TO SEE THE IMPERIAL MANDO MERC!

My dream costume is a custom mando.

15. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    man, if he is writing with I-Like-The-Dark-Side it will be frigging great! The 2 of them are hilarous!

16. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    That's an awesome idea! The pictures would come out great. We need frankm to take them. If you haven't look at his stuff yet, do it. It's wonderful.

17. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    yeah I know when will this happen?

18. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    The Dunes would be a great setting for my Fan Film! Tatonka! Tatonka!!!

19. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    If we're doing a fan film, just tell me when and where.

20. cyndilt76

Apr 27, 2005
    wow what a great response--
    let's get this going.

frank m- how do i see your work?-- i'd love to check it out.

21. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Outpour: Yes, that BelaLugosi. Cristov. He's an awesome guy, but this semester at UNM has been kicking his butt. He was only able to make one meeting this year so far, but I think they've had one or two Fett Workshops.

Obey: Yes, he is writing with I-Like-The-Dark-Side! Last time I talked to Cristov about it, he said there was some good stuff, but that ILTDS was taking some time with it...

22. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    oh it will be great. Like I said the two of them are hilarous - they come up with some of the best stuff in the RPG.

23. frankm

May 9, 2005
    Wow, thanks for the compliments. I have always worked really hard on my photography, so it means alot to hear that other people like it.

My current portfolio (hopefully it will have a star wars gallery soon)!

http://www.zerofournine.com

24. cyndilt76

Apr 27, 2005
    beautiful stuff-- frank

i really loved the burned trees one-- well done:)

25. Outpour

Outpour Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2005
    Bob: Any chance Christoc will be at the BBQ or at the premiere with us all? I'd love to meet him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.