main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

****OFFICIAL Qui-Gon Jinn Discussion thread ****

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Darth Kruel, May 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Kruel

Darth Kruel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    I just came from seeing Attack of The Clones and I thoroughly enjoyed it and will see it again.

What perplexed me is when Dooku told Obi-Wan that Qui-Gon would have joined him. We all know of Qui-Gon's rebellion against the Code of the Jedi, but does any of you suppose that Qui-Gon would have agreed with what Dooku was doing?

Edit=This is now a thread for all Qui-Gon discussion, *INCLUDING* the "No, Anakin, NO!" Talks!

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I don't think he would have joined Dooku. He went against the Jedi Code a few times, but I don't think he'd do anything that extreme.

3. darthpigskin

darthpigskin Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2001
    I believe Dooku was telling Obi-wan this to try to get him to side with him.

That is also why he told him that there is a Sith Lord controlling the senate.

He's trying to pull him in and help.

At least that's what I would say.

4. DeltaJedi

DeltaJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    The big question is how long Dooku has been in league with the Sith...Was he a Sith when he was training Qui-Gon, or was it something that he decided to do following the death of his former Padawan?

I really do get the feeling that there is more to Dooku that we have yet to see. Even though it can be easily said he's just mentioning Qui-Gon to probe Obi-Wan and see where his weaknesses are, Dooku honestly looks sad that Qui-Gon is dead.

That scene, the recruiting of Obi-Wan to his cause, really makes me wonder whose side Dooku is really on...

5. Missninfan

Missninfan Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 2000
    He's playing both sides, IMHO.

He's pulling a Vader. Vader is the apprentice to the Emperor, but tries to recruit Luke.

Dooku is the Emperor's (Chancellor's) apprentice and tries to recruit Obi. Brilliant.

6. Cigam Retah

Cigam Retah Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 1999
    Was he a Sith when he was training Qui-Gon, or was it something that he decided to do following the death of his former Padawan?

Always two there are, no more, no less. Maul died, and there was a position open at Galactic Evil Inc. Seeing as Jedi Master Dooku quit the order, he was looking for gainful employement, and found Palpatine.

7. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    It was "Anakin. Anakin. Noooo!", not "No, Anakin, no!" I hope this doesn't get messed up as much as "No, I am your father", which somehow has turned into "Luke, I am your father".

And now, introducing Bubba Fett's father: Jenga.

Ok, I'm done complaining now. :)

8. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    Why did Qui always defy the council? Bring the "chosen one" to power -Darth Vader? I think he was corrupted by Dooku.

9. Bcanr2d2

Bcanr2d2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2002
    Is that last "Nooooo" QJG? A totally different sounding no to the Anakin, spoken by QJG. Or is it a movement in the balance of the Force, caused by Anakin's slaughter of the Tusken raiders that creates QJG's No to distort as it shifts from it's position in the FOrce?

whostheBossk likes this.
  10. OB3

OB3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 11, 2002
    Obi-Wans line to Count Dooku when he is
    caught in the power trap
    "Qui-Gon Jinn would never join you"
    was really cool and also
    was a nice link to
    "The Phantom Menace"
    and made that movie
    and Qui-Gon seem
    cooler as well!
    By the way:
    There´s no way that he was
    ever on the darkside!

11. Kimero

Kimero Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2002
    Exactly, Cigam!!

Everyone seems to assume than any Jedi who leaves the order
    or ends up influenced by the Dark Side is a Sith! Not true!
    A lot of "Dark Jedi" are probably out there and thus, there
    is a continual source for recruitment for the Sith.

Qui-Gon was certainly, in my opinion, one who was a dissenter
    and could have possibly left the order in the future. Although
    not influenced by the Dark Side, except for some untruthful and
    misleading statements, he certainly had his own personal path.

Personally, I cant wait for GL to reveal to us why the Sith are
    special and where the name Sith comes from, etc. There must be
    something that distinguishes them from the normal Jedi Academy
    failures and others who take to the Dark Side.

12. DarthMaul13

DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 1998
    Dooku's rebellious nature obviously rubbed off on Qui-Gon.

13. Darth Kruel

Darth Kruel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    I don't know. Qui-Gon Jinn was his own Jedi. I think he got that way over time as he probably had his own understanding of the Force, what it meant, and how it was to be applied. Qui-Gon had a great deal of compassion. Dooku seems more like some old disengruntled Jedi who had a thirst for power and quinched it by tapping into the dark side. And it doesn't seem to matter whether he was Qui-Gon Jinn's master or not.

Qui-Gon, highly attuned to the living Force, has in his estimation grown beyond the traditional Jedi way of doing things.

Not meaning to put religion into this discussion, but it's sort of like a person being born a Muslim or a Jew, and then one day after being within the realms of religion says to himself, "I don't need this anymore! This is not what God is all about. I have grown beyond the aspects of limited religious dogma and doctrine and I've attained something higher, more meaningful understanding and focus of what and who God is, and what's in these doctrines only limits my awareness of things".

I believe this is what Qui-Gon Jinn did in regards to the Force, and his own understanding of what being a Jedi meant. That's why he told Obi-Wan in TPM that he still had much to learn, even after Obi-Wan cautioned him about not being on the Jedi Council.

Qui-Gon was more, much more than he appeared. But the JC didn't see it. But nevertheless, he was still a Jedi Master in their eyes.

But Qui-Gon's cpmpassion made him light, and going against the grain of the Jedi norm made him different. But if he had come across Dooku if he had lived, especially at this stage of the saga, he would have opposed him, just like Yoda, Mace, Anakin, and his apprentice Obi-Wan.

14. TOUCHPUMP

TOUCHPUMP Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2002
    For some reason the second voice sounded like Cliegg Lars to me. I noticed that upon my second viewing. I know it is highly unlikely, but maybe it is? Any other thoughts?

15. Lady_Leia_Vader

Lady_Leia_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2002
    I've posted this before, but I can't find the interview to back me up. I read somewhere that Lucas said that the voice yelling Nooooo! was Anakin's and that it revealed a plot point for episode III. Now if I could find the interview or the article I would post it immediately, but I can't find it yet. If anyone knows where it is please post it or PM me so I can do it.

16. OB3

Mar 11, 2002
    Very interesting...
    Perhaps it was the voice of the future
    Darth Vader getting lost somewhere
    in time as an indication of the
    dark path that has just
    begun to take shape...

whostheBossk likes this.
  17. NGCRULER

NGCRULER Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    yesterday I read a thread that said GL was going to show why Qui-gon didn't disappear. But it seemed that it wasn't in the movie. Well I think I found out why (Sorry if it's already posted).

Well after killing the raiders anakin talks about being the greatest Jedi and he says something about he'll even find out how to stop death. Well qui-gon didnt vanish because Anakin hadent figured out how to stop death yet...

18. lono

lono Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    Remember that Lucas filmed some stuff for EP III in Tunisia as well. I'm speculating that it might be more of the Tusken Raider scene.. perhaps something else happens with qui-gon's apparition.. perhaps Anakin learned something that we don't know yet. why could we hear, but not see him?

I really dig how this is like an unfolding mystery!

lono

19. OB3

Mar 11, 2002
    Star Wars is the greatest saga of all time!
    At least when it comes to movies!
    I love The Lord Of The Rings
    but it´s the magic of that
    galaxy far far away
    that rules...

whostheBossk likes this.
  20. Darth_OlsenTwins

Darth_OlsenTwins Jedi Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    To clarify about the voice:

I downloaded a bootleg version of of kazaa(not bad by the way!!). The voice heard by yoda (and it is yoda who hears this anakin may also but the film shows yoda) says "Anakin, Anakin, NOOOOOOO!". The "Anakin" voice is positively, hands-down, I will sit in a pile of my own excrement for Ep III if it isnt, Qui-Gon's voice. The "NOOOOO!" doesn't sound like anybody.

In the novelization the voice heard by Yoda is "No, Anakin! No! Don't! No!". The novelization makes a point of saying that Yoda distinctly heard Qui-Gon. This part ends with "For if it is true if he heard what he had heard..." leaving the rest to be solved(EpIII).

Now, according to this it isn't the future he hears and it is Qui-Gon from beyond the grave. The "Nooooo!" in my opinion is still Qui-Gon but sounds distorted as the voice fades away. This is probably because the "Anikin bits were taken directly from TPM because they did not have Liam there. So the "Noooo!" is distorted because they didn't have Liam there and it is made to sound like this fading voice.

The point off all this is that this will not be explained until EpIII, but it is a major plot point that is there. I also can make a good bet that it has something to do with disappearing acts. Remember that the only Jedi that we see dying in the new trilogy is Qui-Gon. This raises the question "Do the Jedi know how to disappear prior to the OT?". Actually im gonna check the version I have for dead Jedi in the arena battle.

21. JediatNight

JediatNight Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    Remember the scene in the Archives, when Obi-Wan asks about the missing Kamino? He was standing in front of a bust of somebody and it looked like he was lost in thought, almost suprised when the lady asked if he needed help. Was that a bust of Qui-Gon??

22. Darth_OlsenTwins

Darth_OlsenTwins Jedi Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    The bust is Dooku. Im looking at it right now. The novelization confirms this.

23. JediatNight

JediatNight Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
  24. Rainstorm

Rainstorm Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2001
    watch that part again on your bootleg Darth Olsen Twins and you can hear Darth Vader's breathing just at the fade of the "noooooo" part.

25. LordOfTetris

LordOfTetris Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2002
    When exactly did you hear Qui Gon? I didn't hear him at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.