main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Official Qui-Gon Jinn Fan Club

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by luvqui-gon_gurl, Aug 9, 2003.

1. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    never a truer word spoken on these boards.

to me TCW has ruined the films and won't watch anymore.

2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    (SPOILER)Furio, go ahead and stand by that statement, Maul is related to Savage.

Personally, I don't care that Obi-Wan was surprised in ROTS. Not every single little line of dialogue has to be perfectly integrated with every other moment in Star Wars history.

3. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    this was not a random line of dialogue, it was the final link of what brought the two trilogies together,

Obi was shocked at Yodas comment, simple as that.

4. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    I don't know who to listen to in this, is he or isn't he related to Maul?! WTF! Also CT, the EU novels do damage to the films as well so I have no problems with moments not being seemless. This on the other hand is a big deal IMHO, because this is where Yoda and Obi-Wan learn to become Force ghosts, which is significant because they appear in the OT as well.

Thanks Charn ;)

5. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Svage is of the same bloodline, but not Maul's actual brother, from what I understand.

As for Qui-Gon, if he is a Force Vision then there is no issue with the dialogue in ROTS.

6. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    IMO they shouldn't even touch on the idea of visions or dreams or whatever

it lessens the impact of the films

any time Furio :)

7. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    It's more than a little harsh to say that TCW has "ruined" the films. And you don't have to watch them if you don't want to. I think they're brilliant and just as enjoyable as the films, but in a completely different way.

8. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    Not going there.

I'm allowed my opinion.

9. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    I don't think it does, Force visions and dreams are apart of all kinds of EU material and it takes nothing away from the films. If anything, I feel it makes it closer to Star Wars and the films. When I was playing the KOTOR games I thought it was awesome tht Revan had Force dreams and that the Exile had Force visions, it made it truly feel like a Star Wars experience.

10. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Totally agreed, JM. Anything that ties a piece of EU material in with the films only serves to enhance both the EU and the original films.

11. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010

that's the thing though, do what you want with EU, have Watto be a secret Sith or have jabba the greatest lightsaber weilding being in the galaxy if you want. But when it comes to a great-ish ending to the PT, then it enters dangerous terrirory.

12. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    If Qui-Gon is a Force Spirit, then I can understand it taking away from the film. But I can't see it taking away from the dialogue at the end of ROTS if Obi-Wan is simply having a vision.

13. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    if it's explained by obi's drinking problem then fair enough :p

14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Personally I don't care at all. It's such a small thing. It's the same as the "Leia's mother" controversy, it's so trivial and ultimately irrelevant to the overall story.

15. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    then that is good that small things don't bother you.

16. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    CT, you call yourself a Star Wars fan.:p

Anyway, Sistros, back to before, if you think about it, is there really any harm in it if Qui-Gon is a Force vision? I don't think Obi-Wan would be any less suprised later in ROTS when Yoda says he knows how to commmune with Qui-Gon. Plus, the dialogue between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon adter they finally talk...

Qui-Gon: Hello my old Padawan.
    Obi-Wan: Qui-Gon, is that you?
    Qui-Gon: It is.
    Obi-Wan: Thank goodness. Last time I talked to you, you weren't real.

:p

17. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Awesome.

All I want to say is this and it's the last time I will bring this up I promise. TCW maybe a great series and I'm sure it has it's moments. I just don't like the shock value things they throw in there. Ahsoka Tano for one. Two, there are too many red lightsabres, "Rule of Two!" Savage is just an attempt to raise that number again. Now this Qui-Gon thing. The Lucas people are making story lines up as they go and as long as people watch they will continue to step on the films. I understand I don't have to watch them QGR, and I don't, but I'm just thinking that there are somethings that don't need to be touched. This is all of course IMHO.

I would have liked for Obi-Wan to have a flash back of Qui-Gon that he could apply to Anakin, that would have been great, but a vision? Not my thing. That's it. I won't talk anymore about it.

Qui-Gon is cool!

18. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010

19. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Talking to a Force Visioon and talking to a Force Spirit are two different things. In KOTOR II, when the Exile converses with Malak, was she really talking to Malak? No, it was vision.

20. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Exactly.

21. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    in that case why not make it a memory like Furio said?

22. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    What's wrong with the vision then. The vision could be the trigger of a memory that Obi-Wan has subconsciously.

23. Sistros

Jul 24, 2010
    because as mentioned Visions and the like lessen the impact the characters had during the movies,

if memory is a vision in this case then fair enough,

but anything other than that states there is a sort of conscious life after one dies in the force, which isn't stated until ROTS.

Simple as that.

Now I'll leave it alone.

24. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    You could also take Obi-Wan's reaction to mean "Oh he IS real!" or "You see him too???"

I don't anticipate any problems with Qui-Gon continuity wise.

Darth Maul on the other hand... I'm still confused on how they're going to pull that off. TCW writers seem to know exactly what they're doing though, and I trust their judgment based on last nights episode... Hopefully he's been brought back to life through some sort of witch magic or something, because the whole mechanical legs thing is pretty lame, and clone Darth Maul doesn't really make any sense either.

25. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Yep, definitely agreed.

And it's nice to see the Qui-Gon Fan Club have some activity for once in its life. :p