main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Quicktime/RealPlayer/Streaming Player Technical Help Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by boba_ferret, Nov 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boba_ferret

boba_ferret Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2002
    I have had some trouble downloading the CW episodes from hyperspace! Has anyone else had this problem? I have Quicktime 6.4 and everything else that is required. A little help here...

2. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    No problems here. What type of connection do you have?

3. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    No problems here either, what sort of problems is it your having? Just not playing, or not loading anything?

4. boba_ferret

Jan 30, 2002
    Dial up, though usually that tends to be the least of my worries. The quicktime screen comes up and thats as far as i get, and like I say I have the most recent version of QT. I tried downloading from Hyperspace and even the Cartoon Network same problem with both.
    My brain is starting to hurt over this?

5. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Dialup is way slower than the cable modems, and seeing how popular that these are, the download times are pretty slow unless you're on a highspeed connection.

6. boba_ferret

Jan 30, 2002
    They must be damn popular because I cant get them anywhere? Ive started downloading and just walked away and still empty QT screen remains?

7. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    When a lot of people try downloading the same thing at teh same time, it slows everything down.

They must be damn popular because I cant get them anywhere? Just take a look at these boards after each episode... they explode...

8. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    Dont worry

dont worry

it shows the quicktime logo maybe for some time because its loading

the download will probebly take an hour and a half and because its not being played in the actual Quicktime player on your hardrive it wont show really anything until you have maybe 25% done

leave it for 2 hours

9. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    go to a school OR library computer... they usually have high speed.

10. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    It took me 4 hours to download Chapter 2 on a 56k dial-up. Once it started downloading a put my arrow in along the white line and did not touch my mouse agin. I turned off the monitor and I would check to see if the gray line had passed my arrow. This was so I could see that it was still downloading. I then moved my arrow back into the white and turned the screen off again. I checked back several times to to make sure it keep downloading until it was finished.

Still I hope Hyperspace puts up a smaller version for those with 56k dial-up.

11. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    There are regular versions at TOS and Cartoonnetwork, so that will be your best bet if you're not looking for commentary.

12. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Yes I have watch the smaller streaming version at starwars.com, still I think they should have two video sizes for the Hyperspace version.

13. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I'm on 56k dial-up. The problem I was having last night, is it would go so far, and then I'd get a message saying 'the data the plug-in requested did not download' and it would not resume. I might try finding the urls to the movies and putting it in a download manager like Getright.

14. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    then use ad-aware from lavasoft.de

because I think getright/gozilla/all the download managers are spyware or have some bad stuff attacheted to them

15. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    56K modems are not very good with downloading videos... I've tried before and it takes forever.

16. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I haven't been able to actually watch the episodes while in downloads in either IE or Opera, yet when I do a "find: files" search for "*.mov" files and open it that way, I can watch it just fine.

So if you can't immediately watch it in your browser, don't panic: let it download completely.

Then do a search for *.mov files, look for files that are about 40 megs in your disk cache, right click, select "copy" then find a folder you want to save it in and "paste".

You should then be able to watch the episodes.

At least for me, that is the only way so far I've been able to watch. Maybe it's b/c I'm Canadian. "Blame Canada!"

17. Indy3

Indy3 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    instead of waiting impastiontly

start the download right before you go to bed

18. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Or get highspeed.

:-D

19. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Unless you have Broadband ;)

But I sympathize those of you W/O it though, I REALLY DO!

20. boba_ferret

Jan 30, 2002
    I live in a rural area that does not offer cable internet so its 56k all the way baby! Also living in Canada we got screwed by not having the CW episodes air on Teletoon (our version of the Cartoon Network). And to top it off one of my deciding factors to subscribe to Hyperspace was the ability to download the CW episodes off the OS. Screwed on all counts I guess you could say.

21. JangoMike

JangoMike Jedi Master star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    ok i want to keep the damn cartoon but i know cuz its streaming you cant. but people are saying its in your temp internet files. can somebody explain how to get it and where? I have looked in my temp internet files but no luck..is there another place it could be.?

22. -KezzA-KnighT-

-KezzA-KnighT- Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2003
    Better watch what is said on the whole "saving Clone Wars" idea. If it is streaming i'm pretty sure it can't be saved, but links existed on the boards two days ago when you could save the episodes to your hard drive. They don't now.
    Remember that if you want links to save-able Clone Wars episodes it isn't exactly legal, as we've found out.

23. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    no idea... You guys might want to watch it streaming at school or something, then buy the DVD when it comes out.

24. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    OK, here's an interesting problem:

I've had no problem downloading the cartoons from TOS, HS, and the CN with the ONLY exception of the CN version w/commentary... the quicktime screen just seems stuck when I try this. But if I want to watch the version w/o commentary, it opens quickly.

What's going on here? :confused:

25. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    Yeah, when I try to download the commentary version, I get the plug-in alert: An error occurred inside a plug-in contained on this page. I can watch the regular version fine. Anybody know what the problem is?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.