main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Quicktime/RealPlayer/Streaming Player Technical Help Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by boba_ferret, Nov 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Gremlins... it's gotta be the gremlins...

No clue.

2. little susie jedi

little susie jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2000
    I try to download from Hyperspace, the QT screen comes up, then it goes to a blank blue screen and nothing plays.

No picture or sound, this has been happening for a few days now.
    I don't get it, it started with chapter 7.

3. DarthSomething

DarthSomething Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2003
    Whenever I try to view it in Quicktime my computer crashes, but I can watch it in RealOne with no problem...

4. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Saw this in a thread that got locked but I'm pretty curious myself. Is there anyway of viewing quicktime files in a playlist?

I was going to edit them all together in premier, but then I remembered that I don't know how to do that [face_blush]

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    You can edit them together in Quicktime Pro if you want.

6. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I don't think that Quicktime will allow for a play list. However, download all of the episodes and open them all in separate files, then watch them in succession.

7. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Why are the file sizes for different episodes so ... er ... different? :confused:

For example, the greatest difference in size is between Chapter 3 (Urban Warfare) which is 28,760kb, and Chapter 9 (Obi-Wan vs Durge) which is 58,064kb!

Why the difference? If they're all roughly the same length, then shouldn't they all be roughly the same size? :confused:

8. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Everton, I'm learning about this in computing just now, so I may be wrong or have some parts a little off, but it gives you a rough idea. I believe it is due to the number of colors on each frame.

e.g. The Kit Fisto episode is mostly underwater, where there is a smaller amount of colors used. That episode if only about 20mgs.

Other episodes take place on land, where many more colors are used (the sky has quite a few colors).

To squeeze down the file size, identical pixels (with the same color) are not saved individually but together (or something like that, I'm not very clear on it).

Not sure if you'll understand it, and I'm not sure if I'm correct, but it's a big possibility.

9. Chief_Of_State_James

Chief_Of_State_James Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2003
    In responce to the quicktime playlist, there is no way to do it but with my handy macintosh i just put them into imvoe and save them as 1...so easy!!!

SUCKS TO BE USING A PEECEE!

lol

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    No PC or Mac bashing, please.

Guff's answer to the file size question is pretty much accurate- it also can be affected by the amount of movement in a file, so ones with more static backgrounds will compress further than ones where things are moving around alot.

11. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Cool. Thanks for the answers JediMasterGuff and The2ndQuest.

12. SithMacqdor

SithMacqdor Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 10, 2002
    For the last four days or so I have been only been able to watch Clone Wars at work on our Network. When I get home to watch it online my Quick Time just stays forever loading.

whats wrong with it. Happens at various times of the day.

Just stays to forever loading.

I have cable modem

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Upping.

PLEASE USE THIS FOR ALL DOWNLOADING/STREAMING ISSUES!

14. IrishThunder

IrishThunder Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 5, 2001
    Anybody had problems saving chapter 11 to their harddrive yet, I looked in my temp internet files and couldn't find it.

15. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Hi folks,

A lot of people have been having problems saving their Hyperspace Clone Wars episodes to their hard-drives. If you aren't using QuickTime Pro, you don't have a Save as QuickTime Movie option, and there seems to be no apparent way to relocate the file. But Windows keeps the file in it's Temp Internet Files.
    Now I know from personal experience that the Mozilla browser doesn't like showing the movies, and it's got an odd way of storing it's temporary internet files, so the following exercise needs to be done with Internet Explorer. Sorry folks, I didn't like it either ;)

As I'm a luddite Win'98 user, you may have to adapt the search method to your operating system. But I'm pretty sure the core method works.

? Log into Hyperspace and open the movie window to begin the download. Then wait until the slider indicates that the whole episode is there.

? Go to Start / Find / Files or Folders (or click once on an empty space on your taskbar and press F3)

? In the Named box, type *.mov

? For the Look in box, click the Browse button and select C:\WINDOWS and make sure the include subfolders box is checked.

? Click Find Now

? To make it easier, go to View / Arrange Icons / by Date. This will make the file either at the top or bottom of the list. The file you're looking for will be around the 30,000kb (30mb) mark, you can check that under the Size column of the search window.

? Right-click on the file and select Copy.

? Minimize everything down, right-click on a blank section of desktop and select Paste.

? That's your file, you can re-name it as you wish ;)

I hope this helps you guys and gals :D

B. {||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

16. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    ooh... thank you!

17. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    Don't know if it's been brought up yet...but anyone having trouble saving ep. 11 to hard drive? I'm using WinXP, but the .mov file is not showing up in my temp. internet files, for some reason. This used to work with the season 1 eps, but not this one...a crafty ploy by Starwars.com to prevent filesharing? Or have I suddenly become computer illiterate?

18. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    Hmmm, don't know what to say there Malice, I found Ep.11 using the above method.

//shrugs

I take it you haven't got Quicktime Pro?

-------------------- {|| ? || ? || ? ||} ---------------------

19. SAND-CRAWLER

SAND-CRAWLER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    I can't save chapter's 11 or 12 either!!!

I have the free Quicktime version and I have saved Chapter's 1-10 on my home computer and work computer. They would go into my temporary internet files folder (30+ Mb each) and I would copy them over to a folder of my choice.

Now when I download chapter's 11 or 12, I look in my Temporary Internet Files folder and the quicktime file is there except it's only 1Kb. All it is is a redirection to the site. This is a MAJOR pain, because each time I want to watch it after I've closed Internet Explorer, it has to download the ENTIRE thing again. Is there any way to save chapter's 11, 12+ without having to buy Quicktime Pro?

20. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    Have you tried doing a file search like I described above? Try searching all of drive C for *.mov
    It should show up if the file is fully loaded in the movie-window.

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

21. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    Yeah. That's exactly what's happening to me I recently acquired QT Pro, but I have no idea where to input the registration code.

22. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    When the QT Player is open, go to Edit / Preferences and select Registration. There should be a button for Enter Registration where you input your name and the keycode you have been given. Be sure to enter the name exactly to match the reg. code, or it won't work.
    You then need to restart your computer for QT to become QT Pro.

:) {||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

23. SAND-CRAWLER

Sep 12, 2003
    Have you tried doing a file search like I described above? Try searching all of drive C for *.mov
    It should show up if the file is fully loaded in the movie-window.

I've done that and it finds the 1Kb file thats only a redirection to the website. I have the "show hidden files" option on but all it finds is the 1Kb file. I don't think that it puts it on my computer anywhere. Reason is that after the entire episode loads up on the 480x320 window, I close it, and immediately open it again and it has to reload the ENTIRE thing again. If it was on my C: drive, it would access it and wouldn't have to reload it. I've recorded chapters 11-14 on VHS from Teletoon for the time being, but I would like to have them on my computer as well. I have the same problem with quicktime movie trailers. Some are saved into my temporary internet files folder, some are download only.

I think that the OS changed something in regards to the download options for the new season of Clone Wars.

24. SAND-CRAWLER

Sep 12, 2003
    I got it to work using the info from DarthLars.

He said:
    Something that sounds like how to bypass Hyperspace to get Hyperspace-only content.

Thanks again, DarthLars.

25. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    A quicker way is just to open the 1kb Quicktime file in Notepad. :)

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.