main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Rebels Collecting Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by starwarschick14, Aug 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaylle

Kaylle Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2004
    I was in Disney World for SWW last year, and I bought a backpack at Tatooine Traders that I adore. However, it's beginning to fall apart now and I haven't been able to find it anywhere else. Is anyone going to SWW this year who'd be willing to pick one up for me? (Assuming they still have them.) I can send check/money order/paypal for the cost and shipping, and you'd have my undying gratitude ;)

Otherwise, does anyone have a phone number for Tatooine Traders that I could call? It was listed on my receipt last year, but I lost it somewhere and I can't find one online.

Thanks!
    Kaylle

2. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Don't know if it'll help, but try DeliverEars at 800-362-4533. I've never called but you may need an item number or something. I bet if you hunt around the net you could find the info someplace.

On another note...Fear the Spud Trooper!!

3. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Spudtrooper, that is classic!

4. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Just picked up Code 3's follow-up to the CIII exclusive ESB mini poster. They've released a mini Revenge of the Jedi (yes, I did say REVENGE) poster with a limited run of 1983.

You can find it over at code3.net. In order to find it, type the word "revenge" in the search box at the top of the homepage.

5. Obi-Wandering

Obi-Wandering Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2005
    Sweet!!!! Just wanted to give a quick shout out to fellow collectors and Star Wars junkies.

I was just at K-Mart up in Northeast, MA, and they had the new Jedi vs. Sith Battlepack and the new Anakin evolution pack. They are a little pricier than those I saw online ($21.99 vs $19.99). but no shipping charges and instant gratification. They just stocked them, so they are still case fresh. Woo hoo! Now if only I could find some of those new clone troopers.

Happy hunting!
    P

6. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Anyone seen the Force Battler Clone Trooper in stores? He's on the back of the new Chewie & Mace FBs so I thought he'd be in theis wave but I haven't found him yet.

7. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Yeah, in fact I've seen him multiple times. The most recent time I saw him was last week at the WalMart up in Hudson. I remember when I saw the first promo shot of this one and I thought it would look so cool. Unforunately, he has very little detail and it seems like they skimped on the black paint apps. I can't wait for the next wave though. Another Vader along with Han & Luke form ANH.

8. Jedimapper

Jedimapper Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2005
    I mostly collect 3 3/4" figures and vehicles from all series, I have a decent set of vintage figures ( with some doubles for trading) as well as an almost complete set of ROTS. Since I am fairly new to the area I am curious as to where the best stores for finding stuff are and what days are best. I live in JP and tend to hit the inner 95/128 belt stores such as Target(watertown, South Bay) and Toy-R-Us(Deadham, South Bay, Fresh IPond). I have been pretty dissapointed with the merchandise so far, I went home to Canada this past weekend and found huge quantities of stuff at T.R.Us out there. I went to the K-mart in Brighton today for the first time.... Anyways if anyone wants to share some info on the best place to pickup fresh merchandise I would be grateful.

Martin

9. Obi-Wandering

May 27, 2005
    Saw on another site that the #51-53 Antilles, Jukassa, and Utapauan are now out, along with Clone Tropper evolution sets. Has anyone seen them around? At which store?

Although I'm up along the MA/NH border, WILL TRAVEL FOR CLONES!...lol.

I've had good luck with my local K-Mart, as they open very early in the morning and I can stop in on my way to work. Sometimes I luck out at Wal-Mart or Toys R Us, but it's been hit or miss for me. So many people have said you need an "in" to get the good ones.

Happy hunting and thanks for the tips!
    P

10. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Cool, another vintage collector. I myself collect vintage, albeit sporadically. I usually do most of my vintage hunting and buying during non-movie years when the new stuff is light. My ultimate goal is to one day have an entire loose set of all the vintage SW figures.

I can't really comment on the stores inside the 128 belt since I live out here off 495 but I know the best times to hit Target is usually Tuesday between noon-time and closing.

I did hit a local K-Mart last night and found both the Anakin Evolutions set and the Jedi vs. Sith battlepack. I ended up getting neither of them because I felt they were way overpriced for what they were. The Evolutions set was actually nice looking, I liked all 3 sculpts and the accessories were cool as well but at $21.99 it's a bit too much for only 3 figures. The battlepack on the other hand is an absolute piece of junk. You get 5 figures but most of them are rehashed or kit-bashed and just don't look good. The best figure in the pack was probably the Assaj Ventress (sp?) and the worst was definitely the Obi-Wan with 'snap-on' Clone Wars armour.

11. Obi-Wandering

May 27, 2005
    My son is a new Star Wars convert, so some of the battlepacks are perfect to give him and some of his friends a chance to get the figures they are looking for at a nice price. One of his friends has no action figures yet, so we can give him all of the doubles in a gift bag for his birthday and everyone is happy. Works pretty sweet for us, but can see how it would be pretty frustrating if you are a completist to keep buying figures you already have!

12. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    "Hi, My name is Mike and I'm a recovering completist. I have been obsession-free since 2002..." :D

13. Obi-Wandering

May 27, 2005
    ****clapping**** for Mike. Good for you! It takes every bit of willpower NOT to be a completist....doesn't it? Oooh....I don't have that one. Slaps hand. No, you DON'T need that one.......

Went to WalMart on the lunch hour. There is a large empty space in the Star Wars section that they put a few Evolution and Grievous Blaster packs in. Can't wait to see what else goes in there.....

Is there a twelve step program for recovering Star Wars-aholics?

14. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Is there a twelve step program for recovering Star Wars-aholics?

If not, then there definitely should be. Let me know if you decide to start one, I'll volunteer my time as a "sponsor" ;)

You know what happened that did it for me? It was the constant repacks that Hasbro shoved down our throats during the "SAGA" and "OTC" waves. I mean how many of the EXACT same Han Solo figure do I need just because the packaging is a different color?

Well that and the fact that my son came along :D When the options are a repackaged figure or a weeks worth of baby formula, the decision wasn't very tough.

15. Jedimapper

Jul 19, 2005
    I had a cashier at the Fresh Pond T R Us strongly hint by asking me if there was anything in particular I was looking for. It was very odd, Only back in the car did I figure out that she probably had access to stuff...nefarious..

mg

16. Obi-Wandering

May 27, 2005
    Yeah, she probably buys them as they come in and then sells them to you out of the back of her station wagon in the parking lot!

17. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I haven't seen any of the newest figures yet. I do have the next 2 waves on pre-order from EE. I am getting tired running around Central MA on a weekly basis to find figs. lol

The last ones I saw what up to #50 Baked to a Crisp Anakin. Wish I had known there were variants of that one I would have looked closely at him. I found out that there is two different Meana Tills.

Has anyone seen the next wave of the Mpire figs? I have the first ones, but haven't seen the next wave. They are supposedly out in CA.

18. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    I don't usually collect things, but if they released them across the country earlier than in most places, that would be annoying.

19. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I have seen/heard were figures were released in the other parts of the country a few weeks earlier than we would get them here. My mom in OH found figures for me that I couldn't find anywhere out here. And there are far more stores to hit in Central MA than rural OH. lol That is the only reason why I was able to complete the OTC collection. I only needed the Gamorean Guard and my mom found 2 both on clearance.

It is strange to hear how other parts of the country get hosed on figures. Some of my friends can't find any figures and some can find some. They definitely aren't supplied in equal amounts no matter what Hasbro says. I spoke with one of the head reps of Hasbro at C3 and she claimed that everyone got an equal supply of all the products. I was like that is kinda funny because this store never got this, this store never got that, this store only got it one time, etc. She acted very shocked to hear that. I also asked why there wasn't any 24hr of the force stores in MA for ROTS release weekend. She was like Attleboro was and I looked at her with a look like when did that happen it was never posted. She didn't know what to say then. lol I think I rattled her a litt bit who knows. lol

20. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    The only place I've seen the second wave of the M-pire figures is at Newbury Comics. I passed on them though because they were charging $9.99 a pack for them. Way overpriced if you ask me.

21. Jedimapper

Jul 19, 2005
    Which Newbury?

22. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Thanks for the update I am sure they will be out at the other stores later. I will only buy them at Wally World since they are the cheapest. KB has them for 8.99 and TRU has them for 7.99. I wouldn't mind paying 7.99 if I can't find them at Wally World. lol

23. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I saw them at both the NC's in Natick and the one in Marlborough so I'm guessing most if not all of them are carrying them.

As for the price of them, has anyone else noticed that TRU has bumped the price of them up a $1? I bought the Vader/Trooper pack a couple weeks ago at the Framingham TRU for $6.99. I went back a week later to see if they had wave 2 and they had bumped the prices up to $7.99. They're neat little collectibles, but I don't really think they're worth $8 a pop.

24. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    $8 a piece!?!?!? Sheesh...that is expensive.

25. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    TRU has been higher on their prices than Target or Wally World. I don't get it because they are big enough that they can charge less but they don't. I guess they don't care if there figures stay on the shelves forever. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.