main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Rebels Collecting Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by starwarschick14, Aug 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    If I do I'll PM you first before I list them anywhere. Just off the top of my head I have:

- Vader w/helmet on (on original packaging)
    - Pilot Luke
    - Slave Leia
    - Red Clonetrooper
    - Han
    - Yoda

I think that's it. I think I may have Boba Fett, but I'm not sure. There were a couple of others I wanted to get (Tusken Raider, Bossk) but because I'm such a stickler for package condition, I never found one I was happy with.

2. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Would you happen to have a Stormtrooper. That is one of the ones I am missing besides a DV from the Dooku and Wind wave. I had the DV once upon a time but I sold him to make money for my collection. They were so over populated at the time I never thought twice about it. lol The Stormtrooper I saw one at Target it was on clearance and I passed due to poor packaging. Now I have decided to open them for display so packaging doesn't really matter. They are too cool to stay carded.

3. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    No, sorry Jorge. I saw the Stormie a couple of times but passed on him because I had already started to ween myself off of the line. Was using the "Unleashed" money towards other things.

4. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Thanks! I could use the Vader, Slave Leia, CloneTrooper and Fett (if you have it). The package condition is of no concern to me as I tear them open once I've got them anyway. All of my figures are on a shelf above my desk on display in their full glory [face_hypnotized].

5. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Has anyone ever walked up to the register to pay for some Star Wars (or other type of figures) only to have the clerk tell you that they can't sell you what you want to buy?

I was in a Kmart the other day and while walking through the toy isle I saw the RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan and the Asajj Ventress Unleashed figures. My wife grabbed them and as went went to pay for our stuff the clerk tried to scan one and it wouldn't scan in. So she went over to a supervisor who told me that I couldn't buy these figures because they shouldn't have been out on the shelves in the first place. They had a price tag on them, they weren't hidden behind anything else in the display, and I certainly didn't sneak out back and grab them out of a box either. The reason she gave me was that they might be going on sale later on, but why would that stop them from selling the items at full price while they still could? Not that it ruined my day or anything but I still thought it was a bit strange...

6. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    This had happened to me one at Target with a SW monoply game on Clearance. I found it somewhere saw that it was 5.00 and when I went to the cashier they wouldn't sell it to me because it wasn't in the system any more. I went over the Customer Service area to see what could be done and they said the same thing. It shouldn't even be out on the shelves because it was no longer in the system. I was a lil bummed but I understood. I figured that they could have sold it for some price just to make some money off of it. But they didn't want to. I am sure if I made a big enough stink about it then something could have been worked out. Who knows.

7. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    See, stuff like that drives me up the wall. Of course they could have sold you the game, regardless if it is in the system or not. It could (and should) have been rung in under "general merchandise" at the price they tagged on the box. It's just another example of the increased levels of laziness you find in retail these days. The whole "if it can't be scanned it can't be sold" mantra is ridiculous.

8. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Okay, this is going to sound like a weird request, but if anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it. I bought my son an Electronic Lightsaber back in October as a Christmas present. Since then, he's discovered my old ROTJ Luke one and really doesn't need a second one.

My problem is, I don't have the receipt anymore and I know that if I try and return it, all I'll get is a store credit and for about 60 percent or so of what I originall paid.

I was hoping someone out there might have recently bought one and still have either the actual or gift receipt that they don't need and could float my way.

9. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Figured I'd give this thread another bump.

Went on a quick run today at lunch and saw some of the new "Battle of Coruscant" wave. The WalMart in Framingham had Obi-Wan, Anakin and the Fire Pilot or whatever they're calling him.

Been really disappointed with the lack of figures on the pegs in this area lately. Not sure if the stores or Hasbro is to blame but it needs to change fast or they're going to alienate a large portion of collectors and consumers.

10. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I think that there is a multiple of reasons for the lack of figures lately. 1. Hasbro and their shipping dates I have some preorders that keep on getting pushed back. 2. The stores just aren't putting them out or they are out which could be because of Hasbro. 3. Collector, scalpers, and army builders getting to what figures are out and leaving nothing on the pegs. I know that those all sound like common sense things. From reports that I have been reading the figures are hitting here and there and they are usually gone in a heart beat. Hopefully Hasbro will get things going again and the stores will be able to fill the pegs faster.

On a side note I did pick up an Ultra Titanium Slave 1 today at Wally World in Hudson. Nothing else there though. Hopefully tomorrow will bring out some good finds.

11. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    As I already mentioned over in the Foxboro boards, I had a good find of new SW figures this past weekend at the Target in Milford. Scored a couple of the UGH figures as well as a Utapau Clonetrooper.

Also with a HUGE thanks to Chris, I finally have a Star Tours exclusive figure added to my collection. :D

12. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Don't know if any of you guys have seen the Millenium Falcon yet but my son got one for his birthday and it's pretty sweet! There were about 40-something stickers that had to be placed on it, something that I did right away while my son kept on pushing the sound effects buttons (not so much fun when you're trying to concentrate AND fighting off a massive headache at the same time [face_beatup]). Ahhh... the thankless work of being a dad. That will teach me not to put the batteries in until after I'm done putting things together :oops:.

13. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    A very cool birthday gift indeed! That's one lucky kid you got there. My wife and I bought our son the Galactic Heroes Millenium Falcon for his birthday last year. It amazes me that he still finds it interesting enough that he plays with it at least every other day. Sure he usually has Booh-Bah or Wiggle figures riding along with Han and Chewie, but he still loves firing the guns and pushing that hyperdrive button :D

14. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Got my Early-Bird kit in the mail this weekend! Surprising since I just mailed the form out about 4-5 weeks ago. The Luke figure is a bit of a disappointment and the Leia has absolutely no articulation to her, but the Chewie and R2 figures make up for it. The Chewie figure is HUGE! Just enormous. Overall, A nice little collection. I like it even more considering it only set me back $9.00 :D

Thank you WalMart clearance bin!

15. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Good score with the Early Bird kit. I was shocked to see the one that I got came already. I mailed it out the day before it was due. lol

16. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Hello there!

Has anyone seen this article yet?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/05/04/people.georgelucas.ap/index.html

The last thing I scored for my collection was a die-cast Death Star.

Happy SW day! May the 4th be with you![face_laugh]

17. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Yup.

Good luck scoring all 5 needed figures at retail though. These things have been flying off the shelves for the past month. I've even come across a few that someone bought, took the certificat and figure out of, replaced with an old version of the figure and returned to the store :mad: .

It's scum like this that give collectors a bad name.

I finally picked up a Scouttrooper today at Newbury Comics but had to pay $14.99 to get it. :(

18. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I saw most of the VTSC figs at Target in Millbury. I only bought a Sandpeople because another member needed one. I have a case coming from entertainmentearth.com just because I didn't want to have to fight to get the goods. I am sure in a few weeks everyone will be a peg warmer even the Bikerscout. Once all the army builders are done getting theirs others will have a chance at him.

19. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    For those who haven't heard yet, Hasbro is putting out commerative figure 3-pack to celebrate the unedited OT coming out on DVD this fall. You can check out pictures of all 3 sets here: http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/New_DVD_Commemorative_Sets_98558.asp

And for those of you who ordered the Lucas Family figures over at SWS.com, you may want to send them an email. Seems they've lowered the price of this set $5 and are now sending out refunds to people who paid the original price.

20. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Here is an e-mail I received from sw.shop about the GL set that I pre-ordered.

There has been a recent price reduction in the Lucas Family Collection Set from
    $34.99 to $29.99. As you may have preordered this item at $34.99, we understand
    any concerns you may have about this price reduction and in the upcoming weeks
    we will automatically issue a $5.00 refund for each collection set preordered at
    the original price of $34.99. We truly apologize for any inconvenience and
    please feel free to email us with any further concerns.

If you pre-ordered it at the 34.99 price you should be receiving an e-mail like this. I had e-mailed them over the weekend when I found out about the price difference.

21. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Nice. Thanks for the update Jorge.

22. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Filled a couple of holes in my vintage collection last week. Picked up a Nikto and Prune Face. Both figures are in great condition and complete with accessories.

I think that brings my vintage figure needs down to around 18(?) Unfortunately most of the ones I still need are most of the last 17 that were released at the end of the vintage line. Most of those go for some considerable money. I also still need to get a Blue Snaggletooth, again considerable money required. [face_money_eyes]

23. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I finally ordered a conversion kit to turn my Graflex flash gun into a Luke ANH saber. I've only had the graflex for about 2.5 years now so I figured it was about time that I put it together and get it on display [face_blush].

24. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Nice. Post some pictures when you get the sucker finished.

25. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    My son has now made the jump into collecting. He's got his own collection of SW Attacktix figures. He's not really into playing the game, he just wants to collect them so he has something to put on his wall just like me with my Unleashed figures.

Speaking of Unleashed figures, I just picked up a Vader (in this gigantic cylinder packaging) and a Chewie (RotS) recently too!

UPDATE!!! I almost forgot to mention. In case you guys haven't already heard, Tower Records is going out of business. I stopped in to the one in Burlington the other day and they are selling stuff at between 10-20% off. Not much of a savings but the selection was still good, I picked up Superman I and II (I was holding out for the box set but I can't find it anymore). That percentage will drop but so will the quality of inventory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.