main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Rebels Collecting Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by starwarschick14, Aug 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I'll be getting my two boxes on Monday hopefully so I'll let you know if I have an extra set. :)

2. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    I've been chattin with the folks over in NJO and we've found the sets are going for very good prices on EBay right now. Someone got a complete set + 6 foils for under $20. A steal!
    And there was a Hamill autograph card going for $1200+

3. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Yeah, some of those autograph cards...*shakes head*

I'm trying to restrain myself from going sketch card crazy on eBay, but it's so hard. From Joe's exclusive sketch cards to Tom Hodges personalized card offer, there are way too many places I want to spend money. *sigh*

And I'm disappointed that there aren't any of the retail alphabet sticker sets up on eBay yet, but hopefully they'll start turning up soon.

4. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I had an ultimate geek moment yesterday...I went to Newbury comics in Alewife and picked up Empire #25 (Joe Corroney's first and hopefully not last Star Wars comic ;) ), another Star Wars Miniatures booster, a few packs of Heritage and a pack of Clone Wars cards. I put them all up on the counter, and then I pay with my Star Wars credit card. I felt very goofy. :)

5. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
  6. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    Ah so what if someone gives you a dirty look. When I bought the 12" TRU Exclusive Jango Fett, as I was at the register the kid was like ohh man is there more of these!! I told him there were only 2 left he Yelled across the store to his co-worker to put on aside for him!! Then I paid with my Star Wars Credit Card. LOL

Oh yeah here's my collection feel free to drool I do sometimes... LOL
    http://public.fotki.com/buster726/my_collection

7. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I didn't really get a dirty look, I was laughing at myself more than anything. I don't really think the people who work at that store would ever think badly of me for liking Star Wars to such a degree considering that they probably have similar hobbies. :)

I've seen your collection pictures before, but I just looked at them again anyway...I'm so jealous of all the display space you have! I have a huge collection myself - toys mostly - packed away in boxes at home. I have a near complete collection of all toys released from 1995 through 2002. Mostly what I have with me at school are my autographs and about half of my Unleashed and minibusts. You guys - and I mean everyone - are really going to have to help me control my spending at Super Megafest, because I really don't have room for stuff anymore! That and I need to save money. :p

I can't wait until the day I have a huge house and multiple rooms to display my stuff properly...someday, someday. :)

8. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    because I really don't have room for stuff anymore!
    I agree! The problem with college dorm rooms are that you get a tinny little room for two people usually.

9. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Figures I'd bring this thread out of hibernation and see if anyone has picked up anything new for their collections. Personally, I recently added 3 new OTC figures: Imperial Scanner, Padme Celebration(TPM), and Yarul (sp?) the Wookie Senator. I also scored the GG Bust-Up of Luke at the Mega Show. Was hoping to pick up a GG Bust, but didn't come across a "must-have" one.

10. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    This past weekend at Mid-Ohio Con I picked up a complete set of the "super-deformed" figures/"palm talkers" from the Power of the Jedi series. The set includes Boba Fett, Darth Vader, Stormtrooper, C-3PO, R2-D2, and Chewbacca. You can see the Japanese versions here. I have the US release versions. I've been wanting them for a long time, and the price wasn't bad, and the guy took Visa, so...yeah. :)

I also got the red Clone Trooper Unleashed figure. A friend at home had picked it up for me a while ago and this was my first opportunity to get it from him.

I saw a lot of great stuff at the con, but had to limit myself. I saw the new Unleashed wave (Mace, Vader, and Dooku) but the guy wanted $25 a piece (ouchie). Someone was selling a set of 3 VOTC 12" figures (Luke, Stormtrooper, and Boba Fett) for $60, which was a great deal, but I couldn't bring myself to spend any more money.

The rest of my spending was on Xmas gifts for friends and family. My sister doesn't read these boards, so I can tell you what I got her! I was hanging out at Joe's table a lot and Jan Duursema (Republic comic artist, among other things) was right next to him, which gave me a chance to look at her work more closely. She had these amazing sketches for sale. Two were Darth Maul, one was Aayla (she created that character). My sister is a huge Darth Maul fan so I bought the sketch of him that basically had him drawn from the base of the rib cage up. He's drawn shirtless, so you can see his tatooed chest and arms. She'll love it. I also bought her an autographed "Tom Paris" photo from Star Trek Voyager.

I recently picked up off of eBay the Jedi mini saber set from Master Replicas. It's very, very nice. I can't wait to get the Sith set. Unfortunately I missed out on ordering it from MR directly but hopefully I'll be able to pick it up off of eBay again. Another recent eBay purchase was a complete set of the first Bust-Ups wave, minus the chase Leia figure. I think I'll go look for that now... :)

11. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Ahhh, the POTJ Super Deformed "figures" are great. I was lucky enough to find the 3P0 and Vader at a TRU back when they first hit the market. They actually had the entire set that night, but I only picked up those two. I had no idea how hard they would be to come by. D'Oh!

One other thing I picked up recently was the Yoda/Clone Galactic Heroes 2-pack that I got for my son. He has just about all of them now and loves to play with them in the tub. "Obi, Ani, Chewie and now Yodie and Cloney" as he likes to call them! :D

12. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I love the super-deformed palm talkers. I have Vader and the Stormtrooper. I've been looking everywhere for a Darth Maul but no luck, I think it was a Japan exclusive only :(

Anyway, the latest addition to my collection is my Obi-Wan Clone Wars maquette. I love it!! Now I'm waiting for the ARC trooper to arrive :)

13. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    There's a Maul one? Do you have any internet reference for it, because Rebelscum doesn't list it on their list, and I've never heard of it...

I went through all my trading cards this morning. It's obscene really how much I've accumulated here...I'm going to take them home over winter break and try to get rid of all my extras. First I have a friend that I'll trade with/sell to, then I'll move on to other options. Hopefully I'll be able to get rid of everything. :)

14. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Rosie, do you have any extra Heritage cards in that stack? If so, I need a bunch to finish off my set and am willing to buy/trade to get what I need. Let me know if you're interested and I'll forward you my list of wants.
    Mike.

15. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Go ahead and send me your list Mike. I'll ask my other friend to send me a list as well. The only card I know for sure I won't be able to help you with is #57, because I only have one (for me). Since I have a complete base set and wave 1 foil set, I'm only looking for wave 2 foils, alphabet sticker cards (from the retail set), and sketch/autograph cards.

I also have extra Clone Wars (including a near complete sticker set and a couple battle motion cards), AOTC widevision, Episode I series 2 widevision, Finest (including a few foil cards), and Evolution cards in abundance. If anyone's interested just drop me a PM. :)

16. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    PM heading your way Rosie!
    Mike.

17. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    There is a Darth Maul. Also a Battle Droid and a Jar-Jar. These were Japan exclusives and I've only seen them on ebay before. Haven't seen them in a long time though :(

18. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Did those come out before the rest of them? I just found a picture of Maul here (he's not in stock though) and the packaging is Episode I style, which preceded the POTJ packaging that the rest of them are in.

R2DToys.com allows you to search by "palm talkers". If you go to that section I believe that list is complete (although it features the POTJ packaging in the US versions only). There's also an Episode I style Yoda!

Sigh...just more to add to my wish list! :p

19. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Wow I forgot about the palm talkers hehe. I picked up a case (2 complete sets of OT figs) on Ebay couple years back. I sold one set and made almost all the money back :)
    Haven't picked up anything recently except an Anthony Daniels autograph :)
    Oh wait! I went to Newbury's (on Newbury st) and they had a new Japanese Tomy import thing I hadn't seen yet. I had to get one since I wasn't exactly sure what they were from the package. I got a Jawa head, probably the one I least wanted but it's still neat. I'm a sucker for those blind box packages, kinda like a gumball machine, never know what you're getting.

20. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Nice to see those Tomy magnets finally made it state side. I remember hearing about those ages ago and had forgot all about them until now. I'll have to check out the local Newb's and see if they have any.

21. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Ahh...more stuff to buy. Great! :p

Today my weathered Obi-Wan .45 saber from Walmart.com arrived. :D I'm soooooooo lucky that I got one. I may have even gotten the very last one! I think they became available mid-November, and I missed the news about them. I saw one at Mid-Ohio Con while I was home and thought "hmm, I haven't seen that before...". I guess only 500 were made available through Walmart.com and the rest were QVC UK exclusives. The day after I placed my order they were out of stock. :)

I also picked up an extra Sith .45 lightsaber display case since extra Jedi ones are proving to be impossible to track down. For each of the three regular sabers in each set there are gold chase versions, and then there are four Jedi exclusives (the weathered Obi-Wan, chrome Luke, San Diego Obi-Wan, and Collectors Society gold Obi-Wan). The display cases are really nice and I'd really like to pick up a couple more Jedi ones but I can't find them anywhere! Grr...

22. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    You lucky dawg . . . I tried to pick up one of those "weathered" Obi sabers but was too late getting onto Walmart.com :(

Oh well, that leave me more money to put towards that Han in Stormtrooper gear bust that GG will be releasing sometime this month :)

23. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Yes, very lucky. There are UK dealers selling them on eBay, but wow, they're not cheap. :p

I'm looking forward to that Han bust...he'll go perfectly with my Luke bust from San Diego. :D

24. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I was up on the N. Shore yesterday visiting an old friend and doing some Christmas Shopping. Needless to say, I was compelled to buy myself a few gifts :D

I hit the Suncoast Video at the Liberty Tree Mall and scored a cool ROTS T-Shirt that differs slightly from the one found at sws.com. I also went over to the Newbury Comics on 114 and scored myself one of those TOMY Magnetic Heads. I was bummed with the one I got (Tusken Raider) but the craftsmanship is pretty darn impressive considering the scale. I was also pleased to discover the SW Kubrics finally at retail! They had 3 of them (Carbonite Han, Jawa, Ewok) at NB's at the slightly overpriced ammount of $14.99.

25. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    I have a set of those magnets from Japan. They rock! Very good likenesses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.