main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Rebels Collecting Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by starwarschick14, Aug 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anna-neko

Anna-neko Jedi Youngling

Feb 5, 2005
    ya know, DarthWormie person
    You could just spread the re-sale love on this board for those busts =P..... or there's always eBay

evil evil eviiiiiiiil ebay *shakes fist at it*

2. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Welcome to the Boards! :)

3. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Welcome to the boards Anna! Whereabouts are you from? Are you a collector too? :)

Just a friendly reminder, no buying/selling/trading on the boards. For now, if you're interested in Mike's excess goodies, drop him a PM. I've been thinking about starting an email list for collectors so we can buy/sell/trade freely. What do you guys think about that?

4. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Though I likely won't be participating much, I like the idea, Rosie. :)

5. Anna-neko

Anna-neko Jedi Youngling

Feb 5, 2005
    *waves spazzticaly*
    I'm in Quincy ^-^

I nevr have monies to collect things, so I just buy few choice figures that look tooooo good not to own!

... like the Unleashed Han Solo figure.

6. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Excellent choice! ;)

Glad to have you here on the boards! Hopefully we'll see you at a meeting sometime. :)

7. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I started a thread for the Yahoo Group I made for buying/selling/trading within the group, so see it for details if any of you are interested. :)

Today Rebelscum posted their Ultimate Revenge of the Sith Guide, a handy sort of checklist for all the stuff coming out. There will obviously be spoilers there, so click at your own risk!

In other news, some of you may remember that my dorm room was in the Insider last year. Well, since then I've added quite a bit to my room, so I'll be taking more pictures this week and posting them in my photo album. My room is much more Star Wars-y now. :)

Also, since it's doubtful that any of you will have the opportunity to visit me in Ohio, you may be interested in seeing where my Star Wars obsession began. My high school friends call it a shrine, but to me it's just my room. :)

8. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    Nice bedroom. :)

9. Anna-neko

Anna-neko Jedi Youngling

Feb 5, 2005
    *stare* daaaamn, that looks like a fun room to live in!

10. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Thanks! I've lived in that room a looooooooooooong time, a lot of love has gone into it. :)

11. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    I would definitly say that a lot of love has gone into that room. :)

12. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    That is way cool! I wish I had the room to display my collection like that! I wouldn't say shrine...museum maybe.

13. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    It's actually a very small room, the pictures make it look bigger for some reason. My dorm room is way bigger! The space is limited by the slanted ceilings. I had to staple just about everything to my walls/ceilings because nothing else would hold. :)

14. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Hehe
    FYI The Tatooine wave of Galactic Heroes is starting to hit the shelves. So cute!

15. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Yup, found the Luke/Gammy Guard set a couple of weeks ago and bought it for my little guy at home.

Also, GH.com posted pics from the ROTS wave of Unleashed figures that will be hitting stores in April. You can check them out HERE.
    I gotta get me that Anakin!

16. Anna-neko

Anna-neko Jedi Youngling

Feb 5, 2005
    woah o_O'

Anakin gettin in touch w/ his badass self! *clears some space for this one*

17. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    You may wanna mention there's some spoilerific stuff on that link ;)
    Me, I just ignored the text thanks to my Jedi willpower. But I did see something funky in one fo the pics that has me wondering about a certain Jedi Master.
    I'll definately be getting that Greivous one, that rocks.

18. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Those look so good...ugh, more money to be spent...

By the way guys, I have no problems with you posting links to unofficially revealed ROTS toys, as long as you label them accordingly. You can put a spoiler warning if you want, but you don't have to - that it contains ROTS material should be warning enough. Once the toys are actually released, or officially revealed by Hasbro or SW.com, feel free to discussion them without restriction. :)

Just remember though, if you want to discuss the details of these toys, take it to the spoiler thread. :)

I got my Han Stormtrooper bust on Thursday. He's sooooo gorgeous. They did a great job on the sculpt. I don't think my glass shelf can support another bust, so I'm going to have to rethink my display strategy here...

Mike, did you get yours yet? All twelve of them? :)

19. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Not "official" SW merch, but too funny not to post:
    http://www.dieselsweeties.com/shirts/chewieshirt357.gif

(edit: tried to post hyperlink, it worked in preview but not when actually posted. wierdness)

20. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    That looks familiar, I think I might have been to that site before...but awesome shirt nonetheless. :)

21. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    That is a cool shirt. :)

22. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Yup, all twelve of them arrived earlier this week. I picked out the one with the lowest number (50/3500) for myself and another for a fellow member. The rest are going back to GG first thing Monday morning.

My wife came home from picking our son up the day they arrived and she couldn't even get to the front door! She said the FedEx guys built a pyramid out of the things right in front of the door.

It is a very nice bust, I just wish it hadn't become such a hassle to get it.

23. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Well, the gaggle of Han Solo busts are FINALLY on their way back to Gentle Giant. After jumping through a few more unnecessary hoops, the FedEx truck showed up about an hour ago to haul them back to CA. All that's left is a check-up call for me to make in a couple of days to make sure they got the busts and credited my account. As soon as they do that, I'll be ordering my badges for C3 and soon after that, my airfare! :D

24. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Here's a supermarket alert: 10 oz. boxes of Cheez-Its crackers are now being sold in an Episode III collector's box featuring R2-D2 on the front. In fact, you might want to get at least 3 boxes...there's also a poster offer ($2.99, not sure if you have to fork over postage as well) on the box which requires 2 UPC symbols and an order form printed on the inside.

25. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Ooooh, they have gotten smarter now. Before all you needed was the UPC from the box. Not that I have ever used a box cutter to acquire them from a box in the store. No, I would never do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.