Official Rebels Collecting Thread

Discussion in 'Boston, MA' started by starwarschick14, Aug 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    I have to say that my first experience with SWS.com has not been a good one. My order, which includes the Trilogy box set, the Holiday Yoda, and the Unleashed wave 12 still hasn't shown up yet. The one thing that's holding everything up is the Unleashed pack, which has a rather vague "Due" date of Feb 05. I know that there's still about a week and a half left in the month but I just went to SWS.com to see if they are still taking orders for this pack and found they don't even have any Unleashed figures on the site any more [face_frustrated]. So I went to another online toystore and they aren't expecting their stock until March :_|. I've tried to contact them to change my order but haven't got a response. Not sure if I'll be going back there anytime soon.
  2. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    They take things off the site when they aren't available anymore and when they don't plan on getting anymore stock in. They're usually pretty good about responding to emails, so hopefully you'll hear back from them soon. There are disadvantages in choosing to ship all items together when your order includes a preorder item, this being that your entire order won't ship until the preorder items are available. SWS.com really doesn't have control over when Hasbro fills their order, so I'm sure a lot of people are anxiously waiting.

I ordered a set of the Stormtrooper Bust-Ups along with the two Episode III .45 Master Replicas lightsabers a while ago, so even though the Bust-Ups are available now I won't be getting them for months. I just couldn't justify the extra shipping charges to myself. If there's one complaint I have about SWS.com, it's that their shipping charges are definitely on the high side. Grr.
  3. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    ...so I'm sure a lot of people are anxiously waiting.

I'm sure there are. I'm just venting cause I haven't seen the OT on DVD yet and it's KILLING ME!!!!!!!!
  4. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Curious, why'd you decide to order it from them instead of just buying it at a store?
  5. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    I didn't. The whole order was part of a Christmas present from my mother-in-law.
  6. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Ooooh...I think you posted about that before. I'm rather forgetful... :)
  7. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Just a reminder, if you have stuff to buy/sell/trade, please use our Yahoo group! That's why I started it, after all. :)

I posted something there a while ago but didn't get any bites...so sign up and check it out if you haven't already!
  8. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    FYI: Target up here has the Ep3 sneak peek and Clone Wars Season2 figs on "clearance" for $4.88.
  9. hchristensenfan Jedi Master

star 4
    Clearance is always good... :)
  10. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    I was in Target the other day and saw a Mace Windu Unleashed on clearance for $10.48! There was only one and the only other Unleashed figure they had was the Obi-Wan (at regular price). The whole SW display was pretty bare, except for one "Sneak Peak" Wookiee Warrior that was still left among some other scattered miscellaneous figures.
  11. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Stopped into Target tonight and found the new ROTS vehicles on the shelves. They had Obi-Wan's Starfighter, Grevious' "Wheel O' Death" Bike (or whatever they're calling it) and Ani's Starfighter in the "non Sneak Preview" box. Hopefully the figures are not too far behind!
  12. Meriwyn Former RSA

star 4
    The official Episode 3 release poster is now on sale! I couldn't resist ordering one to complete my set LOL
  13. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    They also have a t-shirt and a sport mug. I'm saving all my money for C3 so those are going to have to wait. :)
  14. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, those toys aren't supposed to be out yet. But that always happens I guess.
  15. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    It's happening everywhere. I wish I had the time to go hunt for those forbidden early releases. Maybe when I'm home on break.
  16. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    My order from SWS.com has finally been upgraded to a "pending" status, whatever that means. I hope I get it soon, I'm dying to add something new to my collection.
  17. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    Had a big BIG score today in the world of SW collectibles. I started off the afternoon at the Newbury Comics in Burlington where they had a new shipment of Bust-Ups, wave 3. I grabbed one off the shelf, took a look and it was the Silver Fett varient :D, so I gobbled that up.

Then on the way home I stopped off at the WalMart in Westboro and found the ROTS Tarful figure on the pegs (he was the last one). Below him were the new Obi-Wan and Anakin ROTS sabers. Anakin's in kind of cool because the blade changes from blue to red. They also had all of the new LEGO sets including the Mustafar (sp?) playset which comes with Obi & Ani figures that have light up sabers.

A very good day to be a SW collector! :D
  18. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Were you able to buy that ROTS stuff? Most of the major stores have locked out the leaked merchandise so that they can't be sold.

Nice score on the silver Fett, I'm very jealous. :)
  19. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    The Tarful, which I wasn't going to buy anyway (the packaging was dinged up) registered as "not for sale". The rest of the stuff rang up.
  20. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    From the Hasbro site

You?re in the middle of a galactic crisis. Who you gonna call? Yoda, of course?

Call Upon Yoda! Interactive Storytelling Master

The wisest, most powerful Jedi in the galaxy has taught students for over 800 years? now it?s your turn to learn at the feet of the master. This incredibly detailed Yoda figure ?comes to life? when you press his hand. Standing an amazing 12? tall, this fully animated figure features moving mouth and ears, opening eyelids, and says more than 500 phrases!

Activities Include:

STORYTELLING
    Yoda tells stories from all 6 Star Wars movies.
    Squeeze his hands to select a story!
    TRIVIA
    Yoda tests your knowledge of Star Wars.
    Yoda asks YOU the questions; squeeze his left hand to select an answer!
    WISDOM
    Yoda answers your ?yes? and ?no? questions.
    Ask Yoda ?yes? or ?no? questions and squeeze either hand for his response!
    Remember, the Force is always in motion. Answers may not always be what you seek, but instead what you need. May the Force be with you.

21. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    The newest GG SW bust is up for pre-order over at sws.com. It's a Han Solo w/vest (ANH). you can check it out here.

Personally I LOVE this one. Much better than the Stormie Han. I'll definitely be getting one.
  22. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    Why do you like it so much more than the Stormtrooper Han? I'm going to have to pass on this one for now, not because I don't want it, but because I'm saving my money for the obvious. :p
  23. DarthWormie Jedi Master

star 4
    As cool and unique as the Stormie Han is, it's kind of stiff looking. The new bust just seems to capture the "essence of Han" alot better. Atleast IMO.

I was just about to order this and I had to pull in the reigns. I have the Leia/Boussh bust shipping shortly and with C3 coming up, well I can use all of the extra cash I can get. If it's still available after C3, or if I can order it from GG at C3, I'll grab it then.
  24. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    The thing about the busts now is that the edition sizes are more favorable for picking them up later. So hopefully you'll be able to without a problem. Even if GG and SWS.com run out of them, you'll probably be able to find them on eBay for a pretty decent price. That's how I plan on picking them up eventually.
  25. Dex1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, that Han rocks! Definately captures the Han-ness.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.