main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Rebels Collecting Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by starwarschick14, Aug 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    According to a French collecting site, this is going to be a busy year for GG Bust collectors. Including the kickin' Han Solo that's now available, here are the other busts we can look forward to:

June: Darth Vader2
    July: Yoda2
    August: Grevious
    October: Royal Guard
    November: Emperor

I missed out on the first Yoda and DV, so I'll definitely be grabbing one of each when the time comes :D

2. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    Grievous...*drool*

3. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I love the new Han bust. I'll definitely be picking up one of those.

Personally I'm waiting for the new maquettes...those are the shiznit...LOL

4. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Oooo, the maquettes...I really, really want the new Luminara/Barriss one. :)

5. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    Me too :) That one and Anakin.

6. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Well my order from SWS.com is finally about to ship. Unfortunately it will be shipping without my Unleashed pack :_|. I sent them an e-mail asking about my order and they said that they could not supply me with the Unleashed kit and would just send the rest very soon [face_frustrated]. At least I'll finally get my DVD box set.

7. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    The recent issue of the John's Collectible Toys and Gifts catalog (brought to you by the Supermegafest people) features a 1/4 scale 20" Darth Vader from Sideshow on the front. It's going for $325 + S&H, though.

8. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Just got back from Wally World. Someone put out a case of wave 1 Ep3 figs. Didn't pick any up but was neat to see them. Then I wondered if anything else may have been put out, so I headed over to the game area, since those are some of my most anticipated things.
    No board games, but they did have the JAKKS Vader Plug N Play game :) So I had to pick that up.
    The games are ok. Anyone that grew up with arcade games or a home console in the 80s will appreciate these games.
    They're not terribly complicated or involved, but you're getting 5 games for $20. My favorite so far is Droid Invasion where you play as Obi and deflect droid blaster bolts back at them to stop them. Kinda actually takes some skill as the only way to kill them is by reflected shots.
    It also holds a top 10 for each game (controller takes 4 AAs). I could definately see this as being a neat thing at a party or even a house meet :)

9. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Dex,
    Which WallyWorld were you at? I hit the one in Framingham about an hour ago and they had bupkiss for new figures. They did have the SW Plug and Play though. It looks pretty cool, but I'm going to hold off on buying it until after C3.

10. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    My local store is in Salem. It looks like only one case was put out and they were mixed in on the pegs with the preview figs. I'm guessing they didn't realize it.

11. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    OK I have to gush. I just got my first MR mini-saber and I LOVE THIS THING!! It is so cute!! LOL. Now I'm hooked and I want them all hehehe.

12. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    The supermarket invasion begins!
    Stop & Shop:
    3 packs of Skittles (Obi, Ani & Greivous)

Box of Kudos (sorry about the quality, didn't flatten the box yet)
    Front Back From the package, looks like there is are different graphics for each movie. Notice Wicket has an Imperial symbol on his card?!

Cheez-Its. Box has R2 on the front. Mail-in offer for exclusive Ep3 poster w/ 2 UPCs, the form inside the box and $2.99 S&H. This week, Target has small boxes on sale for $1.

13. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Cool box pictures. :)

14. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I've seen oodles of Star Wars food packaging and offers since I've been home. Dex, the Cheez-Its also come in C-3PO and Vader packaging. If anyone else is collecting the saber spoons in the cereals, PM me if you have anything to trade for my extra red one. :)

15. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Just picked up 2 boxes of cereal (Vader & Yoda fronts), Lava Berry Explosion pop-tarts and fruit snacks.
    All are on sale at Shaw's for 50% off!!! Which is $1.50.
    Go here to see what kind of mail away goodies you can get from Kelloggs.

16. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Rosie, which Kelloggs cereals have the spoons in them? I've been on the lookout for them around here with no luck.

I did get in on the food collectibles this morning though. I awoke to find the Easter basket my wife gave me filled with the new Mini M&Ms SW dispensers :D I got a Clonetrooper w/stamp, Anakin w/action lightsaber, and C-3PO which is a bobblehead! :D

17. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Thanks to Dex's handy link:

Saber Spoon Cereals

I've personally seen and picked up the Frosted Flakes and Apple Jacks versions. Didn't realize there were so many more! Sigh. I'll probably be going to the store today, I wonder what I'll find...

18. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Today I picked up a few more food items:

Chips Deluxe, both original flavor and chocolate lovers (cookie jar offer)
    Raisin Bran Crunch (Jedi Mind Trick game)
    Limited Edition Star Wars cereal (both Vader and Yoda covers)
    Limited Edition Star Wars Pop-Tarts (lava berry flavor)
    Limited Edition Star Wars fruit snacks (even though I bought them before, they're still cheap and yummy!)

The last thing I need are cookies to eat, but oh well. I'll share them with my floor so I don't eat them all. I'll also be donating the cereal and Pop-Tarts food contents to my floor as well, since they both contain gelatin, which I don't eat. But I can keep the boxes! I also saw Corn Pops with the Jedi Mind Trick offer, and some other cookies, and the Cheez-Its, but I can only carry so much at one time. :)

19. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I scored the first installment of the ROTS comic adaptation at my local Stop & Shop. I went in looking for the latest edition of the Insider and found that instead. There were a couple of spoilers revealed in it, but I couldn't resist :D

20. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    Awesome! Because I'm so extremely spoiled this time around I don't feel as much of a need to hunt for things early (not that I have the time anyway!), but it's always fun to hear about other people's experiences. :) I remember being ecstatic about finding the graphic novel for AOTC over 2 weeks before its release date. I also got the novelization on eBay around the same time.

I have my own early fun to share, though this was a gift:

ROTS Aayla sketch card
    ROTS sketch card back

Me likey mucho! :D I'm really excited about the set in general. There are lots of awesome exclusive and chase cards to find, in addition to another slew of awesome sketch cards. :)

21. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Nice sketch card you got there Rosie! I love the design of these cards. I really hope I can get myself one of these. After getting 2 sketch cards from the CW set, I was shut out in the Heritage set :(

Does anyone know the street date of these cards? Will it be this Saturday, along with all of the toys?

22. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I *think* that the cards ship on Saturday. I could be wrong though. You could call one of your local comic shops to ask about it, or one of the retail locations (since there will be retail and hobby packs yet again, I believe).

If you're desperate for a Heritage sketch card, there are still plenty on eBay, and less competition for them now since most people are looking for other things. :)

I also got something else exciting today...my Code 3 Republic Gunship! It's SO GORGEOUS!!! I'm just drooling over it. I had to rearrange my desk to find a place to put it. I hope to have pictures up this weekend once I clean up my room. I think this might tie with the Falcon as my favorite Code 3 ship. While it doesn't have many removable parts/panels like the other ships, it has so many simply movable parts. Doors that open, turrets that rotate. The cockpit cover and the deck plate with the troopers and Yoda are both removable. It's so fun. I love my Gunship. :D

23. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Went on a little toy run today at lunch and made an unexpected find. I went up to the KMart in Acton and stumbled across the ROTS Palm Talkers. I believe they're just rereleases of the POTJ2 ones that came out a few years ago. Anyways, they had all four of them (R2, 3PO, Chewie & Vader) so I picked up an R2 and Vader.

24. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Sweet! I'd love to see a Grievous one, rofl. He'd look awesome super-deformed!

25. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I made a visit to starwarsshop.com yesterday to check out some of the new Episode III items being sold there and found a whole fleet of childrens costumes available already. They had everything from Clonetroopers to Palpatine, even an updated Anakin costume with glove (sold separately of course ;)). I also caught a glimpse of the 2nd part of the Ep III Unleashed wave, featuring Asajj Ventress/a new Vader/and a Sidious-Yoda combo design :eek:!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.