main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Rebels Collecting Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by starwarschick14, Aug 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I'm a moron...I pre-ordered the limited edition of "Dressing a Galaxy" by Trisha Biggar. I really really want this though...LOL.

2. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Why does that make you a moron? IMO, they don't do enough books like this. The Art Of... books have always been among my favorites.
    Can't remember where I saw it but there was a costume catalog posted online someplace, they even have pet costumes!
    Although I have to wonder about anyone that would dress their dog as Slave Leia...

3. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Those are the Rubies costumes that can also be found on sws.com.

I would definately be scratching my head if I saw someone walking their dog while it wore a Slave Leia costume :confused:.

4. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    The owners might be thinking of using the costumes for Halloween. I have seen some pets that were dressed up for halloween.

5. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Yeah, that's the only time I've ever dressed a pet, except for when he comes home from the groomers and they give him a bandana, but that's not "dressed up". ;)
    Am I the only person in the world that bought Attacktix? lol
    Found something interesting: I was playing around with the Squad Builder program that comes with the starter set. It lists 65 figs, but there are only around 36 that I counted on the current checklist! Since there are so many extras, I can only assume they are planned for future release and not random chase figs.
    Figs of interest: Bossk, Leia, Luke, Han, Destroyer Droid, Jango, Kit Fisto, R2, Maul, Royal Guard, Boba and a Mega fig Republic Gunship!

6. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Temptation got the best of me last night at Target and I picked up one of those mini-tins with 3 packs of ROTS retail cards in it. Personally, I think $9.99 is a bit steep, but it did include two "bonus" cards. One was the P3 Promo card with Grevoius on it while the other card was just a reproduction of the art from the front of the tin.

I did luck out and get 4 inserts, not too shabby considering I bought 5 packs of the Hobby cards last week and got bupkiss for inserts. Anyway, I pulled one each of the stickers, holograms, tatoos, and embossed foil card.

Now my question is, has anyone else picked up one of these tins yet? If so, did you get the same P3 Grevious card, or a different one?

7. starwarschick14

starwarschick14 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 19, 2002
    I'm hoping to score a complete set on eBay...I'll let you know if I ever pick any up. :)

8. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    That's what I'm going to do as well Rosie. I wasted too much money buying packs of Heritage cards in hopes of a sketch card I never got. This time around I'll buy myself a complete set on Ebay as well as a sketch card and end up saving money.

I just wanted to buy a couple of packs of each kind (retail & hobby) just for fun of opening them. :D

9. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    I get a box. It's usually enough to get one complete set plus 3 or 4 inserts. Although with all the inserts in this set who knows how it'll turn out!

10. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Found something "new" today. I stopped off at a 7-11 on the way home from work today and they had SW Lenticular cups with Vader lids for the Slurpees :D It appears that they have 2 different cups. One with Vader and a Jedi Fighter and the other with "Evil Eyes" Anakin and the Obi-Ani battle. Unfortunately they only have one topper, the Vader.

A pretty cool (no pun intended) collectible and it only cost about $2 :D

11. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    That does sound like a pretty "cool" collectable!

12. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Finally!
    I've been checking my 7-11 for weeks :)

13. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    I just ordered the Sideshow General Grievous. Those of you who saw it at C3 know the one I'm talking about...LOL. It doesn't ship until next year, but that gives me enough time to save up for it :)

14. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    I'll have to check out my local 7-11's for that exclusive. There are a bunch of Ohioans and one Alaskan counting on me to pick up extras. :)

Meriwyn, that Grievous was so awesome. How much is it again? I'd love to own one but unless they have some sort of payment plan, I'm afraid it's not a current option for my budget. :(

15. Meriwyn

Mar 22, 2002
    He's $450 (ouch) and if you pre-order him now directly from Sideshow he comes with a cape that is only available from them or something. He was just too amazing to pass up though, if I hadn't seen him in person at C3 I probably wouldn't have ordered him.

16. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    A little update on the 7-11 cups. I guess there are actually 4 different cups to choose from. There's the Vader, Duel, Obi-Wan, and Yoda to choose from. Unfortunately there i only one cup topper though. :( I have heard through the grapevine though that there will be a large mug with Yoda head on it available in the next couple of weeks.

17. starwarschick14

Feb 19, 2002
    FYI - the Celebration III store is now open at StarWarsShop.com, with a limited quantity of items. If you missed out on anything at the show (or if you weren't there at all), I recommend ordering ASAP! Stock definitely won't last long. :)

18. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    You beat me to is Rosie.

It's great that the stuff is available again, but it ticks me off a bit that they held merchandise back from C3. I would have loved to have got a red C3 shirt and Joe's poster there. To tell us that it was all sold out only then offer it a week and a half later online is a bit of a disservice to everyone who attended C3 and sat in those ridiculous lines.

19. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    Oh yeah, I heard that they were selling some of the CIII things at Starwarsshop.com.

20. jedimasterkyle1

jedimasterkyle1 Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    Yesterday while at a Manchester Stop and Shop I picked up all five of the Star Wars TV Guides with the special effects covers. The images ars great and there only 2.99. When I got them home I read inside that you can buy an exclusive box set of them at TV Guide.com. I wish I had known that before I blew fifeteen bucks on them! Oh well.....

21. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    I got the TV Guide subscriber "exclusive" in the mail. No FX cover, just Obi&Ani facing off. But maybe I'll order that box set.
    Anyone seen the Vader wresting buddies? Might be one of the those few thing I just gotta have.
    Reminder: the BK promotion starts this Friday!! :)
    Some Stop & Shops have an ad for an exclusive Obi-Wan M&M plush with purchase of M&Ms/Skittles. Ad says to see in-store display for details. No stores (out of the 7 I checked) had displays! Only 2 of the stores had the ad in their flyer and no one in any store had a clue. :(

Anyone rush out and grab the soundtrack yet? The DVD is awesome! I would have paid $12 just for the DVD, it's that cool :) (btw, no spoilers in the track listing)
    Watching them straight through just makes you start thinking about the entire story and how the movies all come together. The video "A Hero Falls" has some previously unseen Ep3 footage, but nothing that'll spoil you ;) They should this vid at the Sony booth during C3. You could tell when cuz there was always a crowd around the booth.

22. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Dex, are you sure about the BK promo starting this Friday? From what I've read, it wasn't supposed to start until Monday the 16th.

As for the M&M plushes, there was a display at my local Stop & Shop for the offer. There is a coupon that you take and on it it tells you what you need to buy to qualify for the offer. If memory serves me correctly, you need to buy two 14 oz. bags of M&Ms or Skittles. There is also a choice of plushes from Vader, Obi-wan and Anakin.

If the display is still up there when I go back this weekend, I'll grab a bunch of the coupons and get one to you and whoever else wants/needs one.

23. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    You would be my hero! The employees were all clueless and the candy dept manager never called me :(

I thought I saw at C3 the promo was starting tomorrow, but it would make more sense for it to start closer to the film release. Their site shows some Cadoo toy thingy and I know they were just doing Robots a couple weeks ago.
    I wonder why I have this Friday & SW stuck in my head then...

24. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    Wishful thinking? ;)

25. ObiDon

ObiDon Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2004
    Hi Guys. I'm new to the boards. I live in MA and like the rest of you I'm a huge SW fan. I just wanted to let you know that the BK promo does officially start on 5/16 but the restaurants already have the promos. There's 31 total different toys covering episodes 1-6. The most sought after though I think is going to be the Vader with Anakin inside. It's a limited edition from what I've heard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.