main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Rebels Discussion Thread >>>[NO SPOILERS Allowed]<<<

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by anakinfansince1983 , May 4, 2014.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Hi all. We're a few months away from the Rebels pilot episode and with the new trailers out, more likely to come soon, plus Star Wars Weekends and the San Diego Comic-Con, spoilers are imminent.

This thread is for those of us who want to keep speculating awhile longer and leave the details for after we see the episodes.

Here I give you the Star Wars TV Spoiler Policy that Seerow posted in TCW Season 5 Spoiler-Free thread.

I'd also ask that all information in this thread from episode trailers be spoiler-tagged. I watch the trailers but I know that some members do not.

Thanks, and bring on the discussion. :)

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    So excited for this series! Bring it on. Loving the KOTOR comics vibe.

3. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I haven't read those and maybe I should before Dark Horse loses its license.

Disney seems to be trying to get back to the feel of the OT, the straightforward adventure story with heroes and villains, since they bought Star Wars. That type of story has been sorely missed over the past several years.

Hoping to see that here, along with some good witty banter between characters. I'm reading the X-Wing series now and Stackpole and Allston knew how to write interactions between the pilots.

4. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The KOTOR comics are in 3 omnibuses and the 3rd one should be out by now. The characters are great fun to fun to read in the series. The first 2 were awesome to read. No idea about the 3rd one.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  5. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    One of the biggest faults I think the PT had (aside from of course the poor writing and directing) was that there was no clear cut bad guy in the film. It was mainly about the Republic fighting against themselves. That kind of storyline can be interesting if written well but of course it was not as they really needed someone more talented with the pen and paper than George Lucas to pull that off.

obsidianknight482 and TaradosGon like this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I was fine with no clear-cut bad guy, given that I knew going into it that Palpatine was the real bad guy and I found it creepy how easily he manipulated everyone.

My issue with the PT, as I've said several times in that forum, is that Lucas forgot how to have fun, decided he was too good to make a so-called "popcorn flick" and wanted to make the kind of film that is dissected to death in fancy art lounges.

And in doing so, he forgot what the hell he did in writing the OT, thus the inconsistencies with those films.

Sort of reminds me of those guys who pour a little wine into a glass and will sit around smelling it and swirling it for 15 minutes while talking about its "bouquet" and "transparency". Who cares, shut up and drink.

TCW, in some episodes particularly in later seasons, tried to get swirled around in a glass and have its "bouquet" and "transparency" discussed as well. But it did have its fun moments.

Disney seems to be trying to put the fun back in Star Wars, and I hope they succeed with both this show and the ST.

This show will be off to a good start if it has snarky dialogue and stormtroopers hitting their heads in doorframes.

V-2, whostheBossk and Revanfan1 like this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Any thoughts on this show being aired on iTunes or the Disney XD website?

Hoping to buy an iTunes season pass this time myself.

8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
  9. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Those who are spoiler-free are cool by me! Spoilers are Sith incarnate.

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    You're welcome. :)

Four months, people.

Who wants to market an "I survived a really long-ass summer in LACWAC" T-shirt? :p

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    lol these LACWAC spoiler-free threads just tickle me to death, yet at the same time I pump my fist with pride at the accomplishment.

I just hope I can keep up with the blistering pace of this thread.

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    You mean three people can't keep a thread at the top of the forum? :p

(I don't care, I've got to hide somewhere once the first episode airs outside the US and somebody posts "ZOMG EVERYBODY DIED!" in the regular thread.)

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    credar likes this.
  14. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    anakinfansince1983 I agree with the concern expressed by another poster in another thread that this could be the TCW S5 Mauldalore arc spoiler fiasco all over again.

credar and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't know what thread that was but...yeah.

Warning: rant ahead.

Why the hell does the industry, media, etc. think that this **** is in any way OK? Are they really assuming that every fan is following every Twitter feed from every "reliable source" so they can piece together the entire damn plot of the first season of a show, or a year before a movie comes out?

In the PT days I picked up a lot of magazines with SW news; every article with spoilers in it was well labelled. These days radio hosts, etc. use the term "spoiler alert" as a punch line and obviously have no idea what the hell it means. Skye used it in a very "LOL wut?" way in the season finale of AoS.

Of course there was the "Qui-Gon's funeral" track on the TPM soundtrack and the novels always came out before the movie. But now, I wish I had five dollars for every time someone posted about how evil JJ Abrams is because he just won't share.

And then there's journalistic ethics--these gossip entertainment mags reveal information from anonymous "insider sources" who would, of course, get fired if they revealed their identities. And this type of journalism is considered acceptable because apparently, hiding information about a movie or TV show is now the equivalent of covering up ***** ****ing Watergate.

16. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    I agree with this so much. This kind of stuff happens even in official trailers for things so often now a days! One of the main reasons I'm so excited for Rebels, along with other things like GOTG and Interstellar, is because it has that air of mystery around it. Who knows what kind of adventures we could go on! But with things like Amazing Spider-Man 2, they basically gave away most of the plot, besides for, like, 3 small twists that are implied in the trailer. That really ticks me off. I LIKE that JJ hides things. He may have gone a bit overboard on the whole Khan denial thing, but most of the time it's a nice balance of telling and not. I want to know who the characters in the next Star Wars movie are, but I don't want to know that Han kills his son or something because the title of the music is "Han kills Jacen" and is then widely published across the world.

Truly though, GOTG and Interstellar have some of the best trailers, have gotten me so excited for them and probably have the least amount of plot given away.

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Ladies, gentleman, other types, and socks that I make so I can talk to myself:

Just bumping this one because A New Dawn is being released September 2 and the pre-release copies are at SDCC.

I'm pre-ordering the Kindle edition but I don't know if I'll read it right at release or finish the X-Wing books first. I want to read it before the show starts just in case it adds something to the characters in the way of background knowledge. I'm guessing it's supposed to add something but it's not necessary to follow the show?

Also, now I'm hearing October for the show premiere. Not sure if that means early or closer to Halloween.

18. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Hope its early October. Close to my birthday.

19. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    They've said 'October,' but yeah, no firm date, yet, right?

My question is, what about the hour-long premier on Disney Channel?

Am I remembering things incorrectly, here, or did I once read that the pilot would air some weeks -> maybe a month, or so, prior to the start of the series, proper?

Did I just make that one up? :D

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I heard this month, so I'm wondering that as well. Or are they waiting for A New Dawn to be released?

Off to Google.

I'm sticking to this thread and bailing on the other Rebels thread until that premier. I decided not to watch the 7-minute preview.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  21. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Wasn't there also an announcement about some kind of Darth Vader special that was supposed to air over the summer before Rebels started??

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I think the Vader special got cancelled, and according to Wook, the one-hour pilot airs in October. Still no date.

Meanwhile I found this. The first few trailers are included but not described if you don't want to watch them, so it's only spoilerific if you don't want to know character names.

Five non-spoiler things to be excited for in the Rebels pilot episode

whostheBossk likes this.
  23. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Okay, so I'm not crazy, then.

Well, that, or... we're both suffering from the same symptoms?

I don't know about them, but I can't wait for it to be released. ;)

I'm really looking forward to the day I come home and see that package in my mail.

Bummer. I was looking forward to your review of the "First Look" clip. Oh, well. :)

Hey, if you can wait? More power to you. I'm certain it will make the pilot that much better a veiwing experience for you, so kudos!

Still, Rebels SA won't be the same without you.

Oh, and that Vader special? I was never really clear on what that was supposed to entail, exactly. But I was still quite looking forward to it, regardless.

Perhaps rather than cancelled, maybe with the premiere date of Episode VII being pushed back by about 1/2 of a year, the Vader special has been, as well?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh, you'll get it, just with the rest of the episode. :) I want to absorb it all at once.

25. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Yeah, I watched the full seven minutes... Not posting about it until I watch a few more times and the first wave of people literally making things up to complain about in it is done.

Kablob likes this.