Official "Red Tails" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Lord_Of_Sith, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WEEBACCA Jedi Master

star 4
    If it's true that Indy 4 (or will it be postponed againg :rolleyes:) will start shoot late this year Lucas will probably do Red Tails afterwards.
  2. SweiitConcorkill Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I thought Lucas was going to make movies after ROTS. He hasn't produced anything in two years.
  3. WEEBACCA Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, it's only been a little over a year since his last movie, ROTS, and he has been busy working on the screenplay for Indy IV as well as the preparations for Red Tails and the live-action SW series, so we shouldn't be too hard on him.
    However, I soon wanna see those small experimental movies he has been bragging about for the last twenty years or so. And he better make them right after Indy IV, Red Tails and the SW series because it's not like he's getting any younger.
  4. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    Tuskegee Airmen is a good movie and the story is an interesting one. I'm looking forward to seeing what George gives us.
  5. hansoloschinscar Jedi Knight

star 1
    And Star Wars wasn't a real film????:confused:

ANH was just as an important piece of filmaking as Birth Of A Nation, Citizen Kane, The Godfather, or any other "real" film. The Academy Of Arts And Sciences thought as much and honored it with an Oscar nomination.

Seriously, you sound just as jaded and cynical as the non-sci-fi crowd who dismisses films like this as kids stuff. Why are you even posting here if you don't think anything Lucas done is "real"?
  6. G-FETT Force Ghost

star 7
    I think Zombie means that now ROTS has pretty much sown up Star Wars in a theatrical sense, that its time for Lucas to get back do doing movies that are NON Star Wars. Don't get me wrong, I love Star Wars and it'll always be a massive part of my life, but after seeing THX-1138 you can see that Lucas's potential for moving, social commentery, goes WAY beyond Star Wars.
    He's been telling the world about these "small, non commercial movies" he's got in the pipe-line for years, but we've not heard ANYTHING! Even the talk about the Red Tails and the Star Wars Live Action TV series has been minimal - Everything takes him so darn long to develop! [face_laugh]

I must say, I wonder if Indy IV has been delaying all the other projects he's got in the pipe-line? As someone who doesn't really care about Indiana Jones, I wish he would just forget about Indy IV and just get on with the new stuff.
  7. SweiitConcorkill Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I know that I would rather see RED TAILS than another Indy movie.
  8. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Upping thread. I've also changed the title from "RED TAILS DISCUSSION" to "Official Red Tails Discussion Thread".
  9. mykillmyers Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanks for bumping this.
  10. mykillmyers Jedi Knight

star 2
    I feel the same way if it was either or. I'm hyped for this way more than Indy 4.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.