main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official RedSox 2002 season Thread!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by TK7771, Apr 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    We need to win at least two of these.

2. JediGrl831

JediGrl831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Yeah, taking the series would definetly be good. We need to expand our lead on the Yanks by a few more games so that we can be a little more comfortable in our first place standing.

But, we'll see...its still early in the season yet.

Oh, and this is random...but a majority of this thread consists of me talking to myself. LoL.

3. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Is anyone interested in going to see a minor league baseball game? I know most of us would rather go to see the Red Sox but getting enough tickets at the right price can be tuff. There is an alternative. The Brockton Rox are about to start their season. They are a new team in the Northen League. They have a brand new stadium off of Route 24. Tickets are very reasonable starting at just $4. We may even be able to get our group anounced over the P.A. system.
    If anyone is interested let me know and I will handle getting tickets.

Brockton Rox

4. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    Are they the new team that's so hard to get into for players? I thought I might have heard something about that on the radio.

I'm game. Major League or not, baseball games are a good time.

5. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    They are part of the Northern League. The Northern League is a league that is not affilated with Major League Baseball. The teams are made up of former MLB players and players that hope to make the majors at some point. Darryl Strawberry played in the Northern League before he came back with the NY Yankees.

6. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    That would be fun. Perhaps that could be meet #14.

Edit: grammar, i'm tired

7. Crix-Madine

Crix-Madine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    D-Lowe goes tonight. As of now I'm off to the cages to get some swings in, but can't wait for the game!!! :D

8. JediGrl831

Nov 30, 2000
    Anyone, know if the game started late or something...we got Harry Potter on DVD today and had friends over to watch it with us and have dinner and whatnot, so I missed the game.

But, its only in the six inning or so right now, so I'm wondering what happened. Probably a rain delay I would imagine.

I love D-Lowe! He rocks and I hope he kicks David Wells bum!

9. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Rain delay. I am watching The Flunky vs The Junky fight on Howard Stern right now so I don't know the score.

10. JediGrl831

Nov 30, 2000
    Sweet butta! We won 5-2! Wahoo. So, now we have a two game lead in the AL East, which is good. But, we still need to take another game to ensure that we keep our lead.

11. JediGrl831

Nov 30, 2000
    Wahoo!! Two out of three from the Yanks! And today we reversed rolls and hit all the home runs.

Awesome pitching by Frank Castillo, Mirabelli had a great day behind the plate and at bate, and Nomar and Hillenbrand both extended their hitting streaks! Great game all around!

And now on to Detroit...oh and did I mention they are five and one so far on this roadtrip?

12. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    SWEEEEEETTTT!!!!!

I just hope they dont fizzle out after the all-star break.We all know how that goes!!

13. Crix-Madine

Aug 7, 2000
    Castillio must be butta, cause he's on a roll :D

14. Crix-Madine

Aug 7, 2000
    Pedro goes tonight against the Tigers. Should be an easy win, except I am somewhat concerned about his health. He didn't look too slick in his last start at Toronto, but lets hope he'll turn out fine.

15. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    Pedro can't be superpitcher dude all the time.

16. JediGrl831

Nov 30, 2000
    I was watching Extra Innings on NESN and a guy called in to ask about Pedro cause he was worried. And Corsi said that once or twice a year a pitcher normally has "dead arm" during a start. And that is exactly what Pedro was saying he had, not that his shoulder was hurting, but that he just couldn't get loose like he had been at the previous game.

So, its not like he's feeling injured, he just couldn't loosen up. And Corsi was a pitcher, so I'll take his word for it. Plus, they are taking good care of Pedro, they gave him an extra day off and are doing all they can to ensure that he remains healthy. So, whatever happens, happens, but he looks good regardless and I'm sure he'll be fine tonight.

17. Crix-Madine

Aug 7, 2000
    So... who does everyone think will make the all star team from the Sox? In my opinion, the following players are having all star like years:

Lowe
    Hillenbrand
    Martinez
    Ramirez*
    Garciaparra
    Damon
    Urbina
    *has been injured

My guess is that not all of these guys will make the team. I would think at least 4 will, but probably more like 5 and maybe 6. 7 seems too much but you never know...

If I had to pick right now, I'd say Lowe, Martinez, Ramierz, and Garciaparra are locks. The fifth would be Hillenbrand, and sixth Urbina. Damon should make it too but he might be ommited because of so many Sox players already making it.

What are your opinions?

18. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    If Lowe, Martinez, Ramierz, and Garciaparra don't make the team I shall be disapointed.

19. JediGrl831

Nov 30, 2000
    Ahhh...but you all are leaving out Shea Hillenbrand as a definete. He's in first place right now in the balloting and the last time I checked he's got a prety good lead too.

Garciaparra, Ramirez, Pedro, and D-Lowe will all probalby be there. And I'd like to see Johnny Damon and Uggie there too. But, we'll see.

Bleh...last nights game. Bleh. I think Pedro needs to start warming up longer than he does, cause he throws the first inning and doesn't do well, but then comes back out and strikes out the side. It don't make no sense to me!

20. JediGrl831

Nov 30, 2000
    Hmm...I like it when Derek Lowe pitches. Quite enjoyable. Especially when our offense comes in and helps a little bit with eleven or so runs. Sweet! Oh, and did I mention it was a shutout? Yeah...doesn't get much better than that.

Oh, and those darned Yankees lost last night (to Baltimore...Haha!), so now we are three games up! Wahoo! And hopefully we'll take the last game of the series in Detroit tonight too.

21. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    The Red Sox continue to impress and surprise me.

22. Crix-Madine

Aug 7, 2000
    Tough loss tonight. Castillo really struggled, and I don't think he has that bad so far this season. It was cold too, so that might have been a factor.

Awesome game set for tomorrow. Lets hope for warm weather cause I think that would help Pedro early on. Schilling will be tough, but a couple runs might be enough...

23. Crix-Madine

Aug 7, 2000
    Ahhhh we got swept. Not good...

We will have to take it out on Colorado this week :)

24. JediGrl831

Nov 30, 2000
    Yeah, we definetely need to make that up, but hey, we haden't lost more than two games in a row up to this point, so I'm not really complaining. And it is the reigning world champs who beat us, so what can you do. You can't hate them cause they beat the Yankees...so, oh well. :)

25. Crix-Madine

Aug 7, 2000
    Good win tonight.

Next up: Atlanta.

We are facing Maddux and Glavine in this one, so we will need our A game to win those.

I figure we take 2 of 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.