main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official REQUIEM OF THE OUTCAST (RotO) thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by cinemafreak, Sep 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    ITS FINALLY AVAILABLE.

Hello, my name is Rich Sigfrit, and I am hosting a show that will revolutioniz.... no, it won't do that. Its just like Digital Llama only bett.... no, its not that either. Makes ChronoRadio look like.... hmmmm. It is... No. Well, it'll probably have a couple of the same sound effects as Stormtrooper Bob. I can definitely say that.

Requiem of the Outcast (RotO). If you have a past, present, or future fanfilm, audio production, website, whatever and would like it pimped) please let me know.

The lowdown for the show:
    1 episode every 30 - 45 days.
    Each episode around an hour

Episode breakdown (not all will be featured on every episode)
    NEWS
    LETTERS (when applicable)
    FAN AUDIO REVIEW
    AUDIO TIP by respected audio mixers
    FAN SITE (promotional)
    RESOURCE SITE (sites featuring tutorials, timelines, SFX, etc)
    FANFORCE SITE (to promote the expansion of the SW fan groups
    NON-SW SITE (one that I think, or is phenomenal)
    FLASH TIP by a respectable flash animator
    FANCOMICS REVIEWS such titles as Bungo and Rusti and Jaxxons 11
    COMMERCIALS for actors, fx people, fanfilms, fanaudio, any fanmade project, etc.

Now, I know what you are saying. I would like a ham sandwich. But even deeper, you really mean: phhhhttt. We've heard this before. Yes that's true. But, unlike other people that have said they are gonna do it, Wasta (of Digital Llama Radio) said, and I quote, "I'd love to hear it!" Bamm. There you have it. If there are any questions, things you want reviewed, post them here, or PM me.

Available only at starwarsfanworks.com

2. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
  3. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    Great, show, m'boy. You should be proud.

I'm looking forward to the future interview segments.

And who knows. Maybe I *will* come up with a teaser for Second Strike or Anthology.

And, Rich, you can always use the teasers for Smuggler's Run or Resurrection already found on the Fanworks site.

4. Keiran_Horn

Keiran_Horn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    I'm enjoying it very much so far. :D

Excellent job Rich.

5. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Imagine what's gonna happen when Rich and I are both letting loose live on CR #11. :)

Speaking of which, Rich, no rhyme intended, we ought to start looking at times to record that. I want to release on Oct. 1, and will be out of town Sept. 11 - 14 for sure. Figure maybe some evening this week or some day/night this weekend, perhaps?

6. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    Keiran_Horn: thanks man. it was a dream come true, and I am honing my skills. The new episodes will get better and better. I appreciate the compliment.

Nathan: this week is right out. no time for the timid, my friend. next week will be the week for me. PM me or call me, sir for exact dates and times.

7. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Does that include this weekend as out, or literally this week, as in work week?

8. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    That was sweet! I really liked it, and learned a lot that I didn't know about the fan side of Star Wars. I hope that this whole audio thing is able to take off!

9. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Spreeeead the word!

10. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    jkg_vader. Glad you spoke up. She and her husband will be helping my balance out my show as co-hosts! You guys are gonna love them and the slightly different format for the newest episode coming in October.

11. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    Can't believe it took me so long to find this...

VERY good show! The Richard LaPermantier interview had me laughing quite a bit, and the reviews were well done. :)

I noticed you credited OC Supertones for some of the music. I go to a Christian school, and once a few years ago the drummer for the Supertones was our chapel speaker. [/barely relevant tidbit of trivia]

Anyway, I loved the show. Can't wait for the next one!

12. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    Thanks for the compliments, man. Tell others about the show, please.

I plan on putting some hard to find bands, some Christian, some not. They are one of my favorite bands of all time. I've wanted to put good music that may not be very well known. And besides, MTV has been taking Christian music, removing the music, and using it for their bumpers for 3 years now. I plan on using a few local bands that have good recordings in future episodes, so if you or anyone is a part of a band, let me know, and I'll be glad to use their music and give them a mention. My show is about promoting projects that may not have a voice.

13. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Nathan says:

Use Clay Crosse, Jake, or Disciple.

14. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    Ha, haven't heard Clay Cross in Years. Thinking about either Miss Angie, or Bleach (assuming I can find that CD).\

Oh, and by the way:

Star Wars Endirect gave us a mention. Alright. If you guys haven't heard of this show, don't feel bad. Their latest episode is their very first fully english episode. They have a live show every sunday, so check out the website for more information.

I am also lining up SW celeb interviews, as well as fan creation celeb interviews. Once they are scheduled, I will ask for any qestions you may have.

15. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Dang, I guess I'm not far enough into the show. Where was the ROTO mention?

16. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Gah, I need to go listen to that.

17. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    Heh, around 133 minutes into the show.

18. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    We will be recording the next episode this coming week (21-27) for a very early October release. I will have two co-hosts to balance everything out, since the more the merrier. If you have any questions or suggestions for the upcoming show, please post them here or PM me.

I will also be recording a bit for Nathan Butler's ChronoRadio in the next few days. So check out ep 11 coming soon from ChronoRadio.

19. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    By soon, read: "October 1."

Quite the plug fest for ROTO.

20. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Man, Oct. 1 is turning into a very big day indeed. :)

21. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    ROTO #2, CR #11, Fan Audio Panel video files.

Too bad I can't still get Addiction done on time.

22. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    Well, we recorded last night. I need to break down 2.5 hours of audio into a little over an hour if possible. And that's without my celebrity interview, commercials, intros, music, or a review of Rise of Nobility. I may end up saving RoN for next month

23. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    The show is edited. I need to tweak one thing, and then upload. Expect the new show, new format, on October 1st.

24. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    For the record, this time, "Oct. 1" actually means the afternoon of Oct. 1, rather than usually when I try to put things up just before midnight EST. The Oct. 1 update is so blasted big that it's going to take longer to upload, so we're aiming at the afternoon of Oct. 1 for Addiction, ROTO #2, CR #11, a few news bytes, and update of the Tatooine TV page, etc.

Rich, is this one including a separate full interview file again as well?

25. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    I was able to squeeze it down to only 1.5 hours from the recorded 2.5 hours. We will be doing some themed shows, such as fanforces, fanfilms, fan audio, and eventually do a fan interview episdoe, featuring clips from interviews we've done. You'll see that in a few months.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.