Official REQUIEM OF THE OUTCAST (RotO) thread

Discussion in 'Fan Audio' started by cinemafreak, Sep 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
  2. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
    Let us know what you think of the new format and new co-hosts.

Running schedule:
    Next month (Nov), we'll review our favorite fanfilms

December will be fanforce month

Jan will focus on our favorite fan audio

and in Feb we will celebrate the first *almost* 6 month anniversary of starwarsfanworks.com, discussing the impact the site has had in the fan world, as well as (if the system bugs can be worked out) interviews with fan audio creators.
  3. doggans Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I must admit, when I heard about adding co-hosts, I wondered if this would turn into "just another Digital Llama".

But then I realized that's not a bad thing. :D

Seriously, I enjoyed the new format. Sort of made it feel "less formal" (although show one was still excellent).

Great show, and can't wait for more!
  4. Sith_Hunter Jedi Knight

star 1
    Rich, Hi, I'm Mr. JRD, Jeff Roney (the 'D' stand for Designs). Thank you so much for reviewing Tatooine TV. We are honored (really) that by only being on the internet for one month we would be noticed by an internet radio show like yours. We will be posting a review of your review on jrdonline.com. It seems that there was some confusion of who we are and what we do. We are here to clarify. Thanks again for the review.
  5. jkg_vader Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I'm glad that so far people like it...

Feel free to review us as scathingly and brutely honest as we review everyone else.

6. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
    And don't forget to PM either myself or jkg_vader with the answer to the trivia question! We'll announce the winner on the next episode, and send out the prize.
  7. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
    I am lining up guests for the Fanfilm edition of RotO, which will be released at the beginning of November. We will be talking about our favorite films, plus interviewing someone who is just starting, someone who has had their fanfilm cancelled, someone who is about to release, and someone who has released arguably the best fanfilm ever. I will post the list as soon as everyone is locked in, but trust me, you will be pleased. If you have any fanfilm questions, PM me and I'll be sure to ask.

We will also have Neszis' Ten Ways to Make Your Film Look Professional, and our very own Janine will talk about costuming for your fanfilm. Look for this episode at the beginning of November.
  8. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Rich: Steve and I may have a working series of Anthology trailers for you. I've made one for each of the five and one that makes sense for the series. It'd probably make more sense as either all one long 2:30 trailer or so, or 5 that are about 20 seconds and one that is like a minute or so, all spread at different junctions in one episode.

I'll be talking to Steve more about it tonight, hopefully.
  9. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
    That's what we want. If you you have a commercial for a project, it could be played on our show. We've had nearly 200 downloads per show, so it will be heard.
  10. doggans Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    We've had nearly 200 downloads per show, so it will be heard.

199 of those were me. :D

:p
  11. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, we've heard some criticism so far. The informative (or negative, depends on our mood), we've taken under advisment. And since there have only been 10 criticisms out of 200 downloads, we feel that you like the current format of the show.

But, we now have a corporate sponsor. They have heard some of these ideas, and they want us to do the show in a way that makes everyone happy. And since we are still experimenting (mainly with the show) we are trying new things out. So, to accomodate this turn of events we will be doing things a little different, but hope to mantain the spirit of the show.

How will it be different? (dramatic music)
    Will it still be fun? (dramatic music)
    Did we get a winner for the trivia question?
    (dramatic music)
    Download the next installment of Requiem of the Outcast, coming November 1. Its our FANFILM EPISODE (ooooohhhhhhhh). We have interviews with Nathan Butler of Prelude to Hope, Ryan Simmons of Starwarsspoofs.com, Rick Stough and Shaun O'Rourke of Sins of the Jedi, and Chris Hanel of The Formula! Holy Crap we have got a great lineup for this show.
  12. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    I should have Anthology promos for you by the December episode. Probably won't be there for November.

As for the sponsor thing, are you tongue-in-cheeking SWFW or is there something I don't yet know?
  13. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
    Due to major workload, the November episode will be pushed back by one week. It will be released on the 8th.
  14. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
  15. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
    In case you hadn?t heard, we have a corporate sponsor. We were purchased by Noah?s Arcade. He had a few issues with our show, and forced us to change them. We hope you will bear with us as we get used to the new rules, the new time limits, and the new editor. I was told that Herbert Vanderhoff insisted that he, as an artiste, was to be the only one to hear the file after he finished editing the show, so we can?t guarantee the quality. We will try everything we can to regain control.
  16. jkg_vader Jedi Master

star 4
    YUCK! It totally SUCKS!!! Seriously it was bad. We need to go back to the old format.
  17. Sith_Hunter Jedi Knight

star 1
    I kinda liked the new format. Of course, it took a little time to get used to... I kept trying and trying to call your sponsor, but I couldn't get ahold of them. Could you make Janine segments longer? Your cliffhanger ending really (I mean really) threw me for a loop. I can't wait. I hope Tatooine TV gets a corporate sponsor as good as yours... Hurry with ROTO #4!
  18. doggans Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Eh, it was too rushed.

But still a good show. And Janine's sexy voice was great. :D
  19. Sith_Hunter Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey gang, when is the next ROTO coming out?
  20. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
    The next episode should be out on December the first.
  21. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Does that mean you'll be getting me the file before then? If so, just make sure it's in the ROTO folder on the server and I'll get it all compressed down and such when I get home Saturday night. I'll also need show profile info via email.

::cracks whip::
  22. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, now that I've finished with my 11 hours a day, 6 days a week work schedule for the month of November (hopefully to never happen again, though we may need a bigger Christmas tree this year), the next episode of RotO will be released on the Third of this month. I apologize for the delay, but we've all been busy with the holidays, as I'm sure many of you have been. Thanks for being so patient with our little experiment in fun with audio!
  23. jkg_vader Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't wait to hear the final edited version!
  24. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
    The file has been sent to Nathan the compressor and should be released very soon.
  25. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Yep. Tonight after I get home. I still need Nezsis' real name and a name to use for Will the Disembodied voice for the credits stuff, but the rest is done.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.