main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official REQUIEM OF THE OUTCAST (RotO) thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by cinemafreak, Sep 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    ROTO #4 IS UP!

2. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    And it's the best one yet!

3. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    That was LONG! :D

I liked it, as always. Wish I could go into more depth, but I listened to it a few days ago and forgot to comment until now, so I don't remember any big points I was going to make. :p

4. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    Well, we are always looking for feedback on our show, and especially any contributions, or comments on the topics brought up on the show. Just like ChronoRadio, feel free to email or post questions, and you can also record blurbs that we'll put in the show.

5. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    I know there are at least 14 of you out there wondering, "Hey, I wonder where the new RotO is." Well, we are staggering some of the releases to better judge the success of starwarsfanworks.com. The new show should be released on the 15th of this month. We don't know if this will be a permanent monthly release date as the bean counters are still working feverishly. We will keep you informed.

6. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    Well, I regret to inform everyone that this month?s episode has been wracked with technical problems. Unfortunately, even our re-record session didn't turn out flawlessly. So the January episode unfortunately will not be released. However, Coming this February will be episode 5 of RotO. Thanks for everyone?s continuing support. We will be featuring a few more reviews than in the past, as we hope to inform everyone of upcoming, and existing fan productions. Until that time, go to starwarsfanworks.com and check out one of the inspirations for RotO, Digital Llama Radio, whose files have been recently acquired by SWFW.

7. beafet

beafet Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 12, 2001
    I wish I had connection I could download these on.... thpbbb. anywhoo, it sounds like all is going well.

[face_plain]

8. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    well Beafet. Next time you head into J-Actionville, maybe we could toss them on a disk for you. The files themselves are usually just over 10-15 megs, and are great for downloading while you sleep or go out for a pizza.

9. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Note: If you're using MP3s, you can actually fit ALL of the Fanworks materials on three CDs, I believe. Maybe 4. I dunno, I have them archived on CDs, though.

10. beafet

beafet Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 12, 2001
    SO, perhaps I could mail you some blank cd's Rich? I don't forsee myself going back anytime soon...

[face_plain]

11. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
  12. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    Well, sports fans. I know that the Super Bowl is coming out this Sunday. But before the game, how about you gather around the old Computer or MP3 player and listen to the latest episode of RotO!

We have a new bit debuting at the beginning of the ep that we hope you'll find insightful about the movies and especially the community. We review the Episode 3 Audio Spoof, talk about "Digital Characters and Awards" in our vaunted Round Table Discussion, Read the article "Easy Ways to Make your Movie Look Professional" by Yoav Potash, present a fun game to play that's free, and the usual news, FanFic Releases, Convention News, New and Upcoming Releases from SWFW, and some info on the current running Fan Audio Awards.

We hope you all enjoy the latest serving of RotO.

13. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    ROTO #5: Midnight ET tonight.

14. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
  15. doggans

Aug 31, 2002
    Downloading now...

and sorry you guys aren't doing great in the fan audio awards. I personally have not gotten any votes in any competition I'm nominated for...maybe impersonating George Lucas and playing the voice of little kids just isn't my calling. :p

16. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    I'll vote for you! Am I allowed to vote?

17. doggans

Aug 31, 2002
    Finally got around to listening to it...

Good show. Howard Dean mocking = comedy gold. :p

Anyway, I'd love to give you support at the convention, but there's a little problem of transportation from Connecticut... :p

Ah, well. If it's any consolation, I voted for you guys as best show. It was a tough choice for me between you and DLR 2.0, but you had the advantage in that you're actually releasing more episodes. :p

[/overuse of :p face]

18. cinemafreak

May 13, 2002
    wow.

That is the best compliment we could've had for the show. Thank you.

It would be easy to go on a Vanilla Ice on the Surreal World rampage about how we're being held down, or its all a scam, but none of that is true. We all want you to vote for who you think is best. We don't think we're the best, yet. But we plan on taking down whoever wins the belt next year. Then we're gonna go to ChronoRadio, then up to StarWarsEndirect, then over to DLR 2.0, then back to ChronoRadio, then resurrect JediTalk, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Sorry. Too much politics. I just have to say its an honor to be nominated. Good luck to everone, and please, vote your heart. And if Nathan sends you 20 bucks to vote for CR, just pretend it was from us.

19. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    $20! Ha!

You think I'm making serious money down here?

::starts adding tens to the tens already in envelopes::

20. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    Rich doesn't know what he's talking about.

We are the best! The best at what I don't know, but we are the best!!!!

Thanks for the compliments though, we'll always remember the little people when we are famous. ;)

21. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Y'mean after ConCarolinas, huh? ;)

22. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    What? After? Aren't we famous now? Don't we have adoring fans? That's famous enough for me.

23. Sith_Hunter

Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 2001
    Janine, is it true that you will record telephone answering machine messages for votes?

24. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    hehehehehe, don't know where that came from, but sure! anything to win! ;)

25. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    guess it didn't work. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.