Official REQUIEM OF THE OUTCAST (RotO) thread

Discussion in 'Fan Audio' started by cinemafreak, Sep 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
    Well ladies and gentleman, the 2004 Awards Show has been edited, Tagged, Bagged, QA'd, and uploaded. We are turning a corner with this new episode, as I have relinquished the idea that we were a serious news source. Who knew? We shall now be silly. We are here to entertain, and in this latest episode, we present interviews with the creators and clips of the projects that entertained you from 2003. We hope you enjoy the show being released on the 1st.
  2. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
  3. MatevKenas Jedi Knight

star 1
    Another great show with Janine's usual amount of amusing whining, great job guys, always what I expect from you guys.
  4. Janz_Walker Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes I enjoyed it alot.
  5. jkg_vader Jedi Master

star 4
    You like me! You really like me!
  6. doggans Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Whoa, crap, I can't believe I missed the new show's release.

Downloading now, but I'll have to listen later...stupid play practice.
  7. MatevKenas Jedi Knight

star 1
    That's what you get for having a life. lol

8. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
    you know, I've heard of one of those.
  9. doggans Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I don't have a life; I'm just too lazy to move from the Fanfilms forum to the Fan Audio forum to check updates. :p

Great show, and I know exactly how you feel about everyone being a loser today. :D

I almost fell off my chair laughing at "Best supporting actress: Nathan Butler". [face_laugh]

Great show. And interesting product placement at the end. :p
  10. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
    That product placement, the Nex ad, was written and mixed by Mo Butler
  11. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Yeah, basically it's a "thanks" to Nexcess. Fanworks has gone over its bandwidth or come close over and over again, especially last month during the awards voting. They've basically been really nice about it, helping us out, but we felt that a thanks of some kind was in order. They may even end up using that as an idea for other promotions. Who knows?

And, oddly, I found it funny that I was Best Supporting Actress for a moment, but I dunno how the ex-girlfriend who actually won the award would've felt about that. ;)
  12. MatevKenas Jedi Knight

star 1
    I believe someone over in Galatic senate put it best when they mentioned sharp and blunt objects...
  13. doggans Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I believe someone over in Galatic senate put it best when they mentioned sharp and blunt objects...

Maybe I should post at Galactic Senate more often. I must be missing a lot.
  14. jkg_vader Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh yes, it's a very lively board. Filled with TREKKIES!!!!!!!!!!!
  15. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
    Everyone should post at Galacticsenate.com. Its the home boards of starwarsfanworks.com. Plus, with TFN in somewhat of an upheval, knowing that there is someplace stable around is comforting.
  16. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, the secondary staff, which doesn't get nearly enough attention from us, has been reduced by a third. A good friend, although he may be a troublemaker, and only do good work when he wants to, has moved onto a better position in another town. What does this mean to you? Not a lot. The change will be transparent. Chris has been one of our QA's (someone who listens to the show ahead of time to make sure there aren't glitches or empty spaces and whatnot) from the beginning. My hope is that he will actually get off his butt and sign up for a GS account so he can post his comments on the boards. But all I can say to my friend is taken from the M*A*S*H finale:

Hawkeye: Look, I know how tough it is for you to say goodbye, so I'LL say it. Maybe you're right, maybe we WILL see each other again, but just in case we don't, I want you to know how much you've meant to me. I'll never be able to shake you; whenever I see a big pair of feet or a cheesy mustache, I'll think of you.
    B.J.: Whenever I smell month-old socks, I'll think of YOU.
    Hawkeye: Or the next time somebody nails my shoe to the floor...
    B.J.: ...or when somebody gives me a martini that tastes like lighter fluid.
    Hawkeye: I'll miss you.

To my friend, thank you for all your work. And now I'd like to mention the other guys that help out, Shane and Lee. These are the guys that make sure everything sounds smooth after I edit them. We have no bigger fans than these guys, and their work is appreciated.
  17. keithabbott Force Ghost

star 4
    That's what I called in RoN...the Consulting Editor. :) To some degree anyhow. Our Consulting Editors also made suggestions for improvements. They were EXTREMELY important. So you losing him, I can surely sympathise with.

Keith
  18. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
    We are lucky to have two others, and they are very important for the final outcome of the show. Maybe we should start a thread thanking the little guys in all of our productions.
  19. jkg_vader Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I'd like to thanks my big toe. It's always there for me.
  20. MatevKenas Jedi Knight

star 1
    Anyone whom you guys want to thank go ahead. I'm thanking you guys for putting out such a great (and hilarious) radio show.
  21. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
    In a move that may piss people off, and yet still get other excited to learn, we will be tearing apart and analyzing every plus and minus of the two biggest Dramas out there, Rise of Nobility and Second Strike. We will look at every success and goof. These are the largest and most awarded Audio Drama in existence and we figure they can take the praise, and the negativity.

A disclaimer: We are not intending to bash or trash, but merely to point out the places where we can all learn from these great projects, and also point out the places where we can say, "We dare you to try to do better." These were selected as our targets.....excuse me, case studies, because they are from the first generation of Serious Fan Audio Dramas.

Be prepared for the comments of a fan, a superfan, and a nonfan on the two largest Fan Audio Dramas today, coming April 1st
  22. jkg_vader Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm going to be mean. very VERY mean.
  23. keithabbott Force Ghost

star 4
    We may have to have a rebuttal show. Maybe host that on the Mighty Oak show. hehe. ;)
  24. Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21

VIP
    star 4
    Heh, nah, I'm leaving this one to them. I stand by 2S, so if they take some stabs, that works. I've been wanting some objective reviews of a lot of the things on Fanworks. Should be interesting.
  25. cinemafreak Jedi Master

star 4
    oh, oh, oh. I got an.... yeah, I got an idea. How about, we give each project team to offer a rebuttal. We will leave this to our peeps.

Peeps!!! I offer a question. A ponderance, if you will. Would you like to hear each team, RoN and 2S an opportunity to explain any of the things that we mention on the show? We could record it for the following months ep. Because there may be some things that we just didn't understand why, and you would be given the chance to explain. How does that sound?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.