main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD "Official" research about notice-banner - result: no banner contest for Christmas this year

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Nov 8, 2014.

1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks, CO! :)

2. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Darthmaul208, happy new year! :D
    Did you have some spare time during the Christmas time and Silvester? I'm curious about your notice-banner idea. :)

3. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    I'm ever so sorry I didn't I'm afraid. I didn't touch my computer over the holiday. School starts again tomorrow and mock exams are next week so the first time I can do it is in two weeks. I've had some time thinking about it though and come up with a few ideas. My favourite idea so far is a kinda comic style feel. It's inspired by the "Reel heroes" collection universal made. I have been working on a few cutom dvd covers (Game of Thrones for instance ) but it's just a case of getting it to look right. The problem I have is I don't have the time to do everything and I'm insane with ideas and stuff to do. For instance I thought about learning Cuneiform and Sumerian (ancient languages ). I don't concentrate on what needs doing and instead my mind never really focuses. Anyway sorry for not getting round to it, I will do it eventually after two weeks at the minimum.

4. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    That's ok. Usually, these calm days are busier than planned. ;)

Hopefully, you'll find time in two weeks. But school is always more important!

Btw, before we work in a misunderstanding: the banner should be mainly SW-themed since we are a SW forum. :)

5. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    @Skiara
    Sorry I sometime ramble on-the comic idea is SW in a kind off retro styled comic way. I love that type of art but it's easier to show you once it's done (or started!). It would be like a 50's styled pop art piece- paler colours, outlines, simplistic. I also had an idea to do an Episode Seven on because it's topical and I'm not liking the fan artwork at the moment. Hope to get it done after two weeks, but as always these things take time.

6. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Ep7 topic sounds cool! Especially for end of the year. :D

Btw I'll put off the current one soon. :)