main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official "Revelations" Premiere event release

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by panicstruckpro, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Bone

Darth_Bone Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2001
    Hey Zap, what about your day3 documentary? I´d really liked the other two and would see some more. Man I really wish I was there from what I´ve seen.

2. FigChrystie

FigChrystie Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 12, 2004
    Zap,Durb here told me yarns about you.

Don't know if I can respect you after that pink tutu story, man... ;)

3. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    I dunno, man, I wasn't counting. But, every time I saw you, you had a different drink. And, I remember, I asked you how you were doing at one point and you said something like, "well, I'm doing fine, and this is a Long Island Iced Tea, so I should be doing better soon."

I don't really know how much every one was partying down, but I do know that there was a bunch of really happy people having a really good time! [face_dancing]

In another note relating to the story that Ephisus told... He was actually the first of a couple of dozen people to make that exact same move. Walk up to me and say, "Durb!". And I'd go, "Hey, good to meet you, who the hell are you?!?" :D

There was a few people that I spoke to that I've seen 'round these parts and didn't know were going to to the premiere at all. Plus a few that were there and I didn't see. (effstops, for instance)

In any case, it was really funny how so many of us recognized each other and jumped right into conversation.

4. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    My pictures from the trip. None from the Gala, but mainly the trip and some playing tourist.

Edit: Umm, Durb?

[image=http://www.durbnpoisn.com/dls/Premiere/IMG_0444.JPG]

DarthArjuna on the right. Not Primrodo.

Edit 2:

[image=http://www.durbnpoisn.com/dls/Premiere/IMG_0458.JPG]

"Some guy I didn't know" was my dad. Doesn't post here, but does in the Salt City Jedi FanForce boards. (Padawan_Drogon)

I wasn't able to witness the dancing Zap too much. I'll have to wait until Spiff releases the CCCC documentary...

5. durbnpoisn

May 20, 2002
    D'oh! :oops:

Sorry about that. You know, you 2 do look somewhat alike. At least to someone who'd never met either of you before.

Funny one

That chick interviewed me too!

6. G-Unit

G-Unit Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2004
    Lots of road shots I see.

7. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Bahh!!! I really wish that I coulda went! With c3 so close though, money is really tight!

I just wanna say Shane & Dawn -- its looks great! Congratulations :) See you in a few days at c3!

8. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Yeah, I uploaded pretty much every picture. Some aren't that exciting... but I managed to blow a couple hours last night commenting on almost all of them.

Primrodo and I look similar? Hm. Note to self... let hair grow out again... and don't be sighted around Primrodo with his Anakin Ep3 wig... :p

9. durbnpoisn

May 20, 2002
    Dude, just look at the picture with your arm around him.

You're both tall skinny dudes, and wearing the same shirt.

There are only 3 discernable differences. You have a little beard, glasses, and a little padawan ponytail.

10. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    And he was wearing the red Roots sweater too ;)

I suppose I can see the resemblance. It scares me.

E1PPM X 3

11. durbnpoisn

May 20, 2002
    I think Primrodo is going to be more upset that I made that mistake. :D

He already feels like people 'round these parts don't know him.

"I post, man!! Don't I?!?"
    -Primrodo

[face_laugh]

btw: Zap, your beer count is at least one off. I bought you a Corona (you're welcome). That picture with you and Shane, you are holding a Miller Lite.

Ah HA!

12. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Well after you've had a few in you, you tend to forget.

Ummm... I'm speaking from what I've heard of course. Not from experience. [face_whistling]

13. twowiththeforce

twowiththeforce Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2003
    Durb, I thought you'd be shorter! Because everyone else was!

Great night ! It will take a lot to top this event.

As for my gossip from the premiere, I have a story.

Me, JMV, G-Unit and his dad were seated in the VIP skybox in the cinema with all of the VIP guests. The only thing was that none of us could see the film really great or feel the atmosphere from the crowd.

So John Morton's (Dak in ESB) wife decided that we were going to revolt against the seating plan and sneak downstairs. We had spotted a few empty seats from the skybox and ran down to them. As we went to sit, an attendent came over and told us that all the empty seats were reserved for the stormtroopers!!!!!

So we had to move somewhere else!

So we all (that is me, jmv, gunit, his dad, John Morton, Johns family, Sonia Hillios, and Shannon McRandall ) ended up at the very back of the cinema in the far corner .

But we got to see the film and everones reation to it!

It was absolutly great!

PS: the storm troopers and darth vader did a great job.

PPS: Does anyone have any pictures from the premier and the gala online yet? In the mass excitment, I didnt get a picture of my dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have to go now guys, we are in NY at the moment but will hopefully see someof you again at C3!!!!

14. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    hey sky, was that your camera from the UK!, it looks nice :)

15. FigChrystie

FigChrystie Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 12, 2004
    Sky, darling...if I bump into you at C3 and you don't recognize me, I'll have some cross words. ;)

16. durbnpoisn

May 20, 2002
    Durb, I thought you'd be shorter! Because everyone else was!

See, I always expect everyone to be taller. It's a side effect of being a tall person. I'm 6'2". So, it's fairly common for me to notice everyone is shorter than me.

Well, not everyone. I think both Arjuna and Primrodo are right there with me.

17. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Thanks Sky. I thought my left shoulder was going to fall off while standing at attention in front of the theater. For some reason my armor distribution was way off and most of the weight was centered on my left shoulder. I had this horrid burning pain that finally settled down once I got inside and could move around.

Oh and as the sun set, that cold breeze was going right up my thigh piece and man was it getting chilly. I can't speak for the other troopers, but all I had on were those all-purpose running tights & shirt plus all that ABS. I'm still looking for a climate control under suit if anyone finds one. ;)

Oh and DarthArjuna, your pic #072 of the Storm Trooper is me. :)

Keith

> PS: the storm troopers and darth vader did a great job.

18. durbnpoisn

May 20, 2002
    The troopers were really cool. I tried to walk into the theater and got stopped by a trooper who told me to go to the end of the line. I was like, "Wow, I just got ordered around by a trooper. Coooool" B)

That Vader was great. Nice guy too. From what I could tell talking to him through his costume. :D

19. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Keith- marked :D

Oh, and I will mention this: when Shane was given the Skywalker Ranch coffee mug, it was I who shouted, "That's for the long nights of the sequel!" I also shouted something to him at the gala, but I forget what it was.

20. durbnpoisn

May 20, 2002
    I'll bet nobody heard you unless you were downstairs. :D

21. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Heck, Eph was next to me and I doubt *he* heard me.

22. Ephisus

Ephisus Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    I got about 75% of it.

23. MasterZap

MasterZap Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    Sky: Full video from the premiere available at my mirror, http://revelations.master-zap.com

Loads of Sky in that one ;)

/Z

24. fireresq7

fireresq7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2002
    Okay who had to remote control R2? That was soo cool!

~Rory

25. durbnpoisn

May 20, 2002
    ZAP! You had you camera running when you came up to say hi?!? HAHAHAHAHA [face_laugh] I so didn't know that!

So, that was a truly candid spot of me standing there holding my daughter. In fact the images that I posted before were taken right at the same moment Zap's camera is catching right there.

Just then, I was mighty surprised to hear my own voice!

That gave me a good chuckle!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.