main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official "Revelations" Premiere event release

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by panicstruckpro, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterZap

MasterZap Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    ZAP! You had you camera running when you came up to say hi?!? HAHAHAHAHA
    Glad you like it. I try to document when I can....

Thanks for the Corona dude!

*hic*

So, that was a truly candid spot of me standing there holding my daughter.
    Just say be glad I edited since I accidentally pointed the camera at all sorts of things while talking to you.... oops. ;)

I'm off to the airport in like 30 minutes.... sitting in Adams room farting about.

Man, y'all missed the *real* after party in my room, right? *giggle*

/Z

2. kromekat

kromekat Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2003
    {Brilliant!
    The visual fx's were awesome, in my opinion, the strongest aspect of the movie. The sheer size of the project was just mindblowing. I bet Zap and the rest of the cg crew had quite a few late nights.}

You have no idea! ;)

3. G-Unit

G-Unit Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2004
    So sad that we are thanking people for buying our drinks, but hey thats how we are. Zap downloading your premiere file now. Sky may I remind you that you also were part of the leadership in the revolt.

4. MasterZap

Aug 11, 2002
    Zap here from the airport. Ain't WiFi great ;)

Late nights, both in post production - and Baltimore.

Actually I'm not sure I slept more than 3-4 hours/night.

Feh, sleep is for feebs.

/Z

5. kromekat

kromekat Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2003
    Woah Zap, you only just left! - and you found a network in BWI huh!? - Nice! :D

As they say over here: "Missing you already!"

Have a nice, safe trip back home with lots of Icelandic hospitality, and I hope you can finally get some decent sleep that's longer than the 2-3 hours per night you got here this week! :D

You are a star.. man! ;D

Adam

6. MasterZap

Aug 11, 2002
    Zzzzzz.z.z.z.... huh! Oh, you spoke Kromekaazzzzzzzzz zzz z .

/Z

7. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    Zap: Have a safe trip home, my friend. It was great meeting you in person finally, and a great time was had by all.

Next time you're in the states, contact me, my house is open to you, we'll party down again!

8. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Well I had a super long post that just got deleted thanks to the computer crashing..

Suffice to say, I had a great time with Vin, Sky, Zap, Durb and the rest :)

Awesome job Shane!

9. terrance18

terrance18 Jedi Youngling

Feb 6, 2004
    Is there a difference in quality between the Quicktime version of Revelations and the WMV version?

10. -Phi-

-Phi- Jedi Master star 3

Jun 27, 2002
    Apparently the .wmv has better picture and sound.

Then again, the quicktime is quicktime. Scrubbing is a wonderful thing.

11. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Here are my pics...well Ann's pics but she used my camera. ;)

Keith

12. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    [image=http://www.riseofnobility.com/gallery2/albums/userpics/10001/041605n.JPG]

Hey, if you look close you can see my camera! Even though I'm tall, I had a hard time seeing over the crowd... this is where holding the camera up way high and the 3.5 inch screen came in handy :D

13. DarrenS

DarrenS Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2005
    Just watched Revelations, unfortunately I found the film disapointing, badly acted, badly paced. CG was good, that was all. Too much hype for something so badly done.
    It was so bad I stopped watching before it got to the end. And the music! It was horrible! Sets, costumes, loads of extras, these a good film do not make, they help, but ultimately the story was awful, it got confusing also, and I have to say, none of the 'goody' characters seemed to really care about anything, the fight scene in the shipyard was one point where they were flying and you could almost see them yawning , oh look a spacechase scene. There was no sense that they were in danger. Very amateur, very bad, deleted from my hd already...

14. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    This must be one of those love-em or hate-em movies, with nothing in between. Kind of like Patricia Jackson's stories. I love her stories. [face_love]

15. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    And, the premiere thread is glad that you have said your peace.

16. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    see, that is why multiple threads don't really work here, but oh well :)

17. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    It's amazing how someone can come and knock a film in totally the wrong thread. Now that's brilliant. Makes you completely 2nd guess the intelligence of his critique.

Keith

18. Ephisus

Ephisus Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    A film has to have a certain amount of quality in order to be *"hated"*.

I can't hate a backyard lightsaber duel, because there isnt a whole lot of reason for me to care one way or the other.

That said, there are things that I hate about Revelations, and there are things that I love about it. The fact that I've formed opinions beyond "it exists" means that the film-makers are doing a - relative to the fanflick community - good job.

19. Crunchy

Crunchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    It's amazing how someone can come and knock a film in totally the wrong thread. Now that's brilliant. Makes you completely 2nd guess the intelligence of his critique.

LMAO BURN!

20. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Dang! I can't believe I forgot about this!

I'm DL'ing both torrents right now, but ones only going at about 50 kbps and the others around 15!!! Either my wireless network in my house is barely reaching this room, of my firewalls actng up I'm assuming, anybody know any tricks to speed it up on my end?

Also, with the DVD release will we also get disc labels, DVD box covers and Chapter lists so we can assemble our own professional looking DVD boxes and totally geek out everytime we see itt sittting in our collection?

21. ZafeSex

ZafeSex Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2004
    as i understand it, the DVD release will be accompanied by the associated art for the jacket and the DVDs themselves :)

22. panicstruckpro

panicstruckpro Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    Since there seems to be more than one thread going on for "Revelations" (not my doing BTW)

and I am to trying to HYPE but....

I have had a few requests and I think Chris Bouchard's work on the "Revelations" score is brilliant. I enjoyed working with him and really believe he is the next big up and coming composer for cinema.

Well those of you who wanted it .. here is the FREE full score to "Revelations" to burn your own disk.. enjoy...
    REVELATIONS ORIGINAL SCORE

I am hoping Azeem and the boys will get this added to their download area on TFN for "Revelations" as well soon.

[image=http://www.panicstruckpro.com/revelations/images/cd_cover.jpg]

23. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    Minor Error goign on here, I DL'd the mov version over the torrent and it finishe, but it doesn't appear to exist on my harddrive now!!! Oh, well, waiting for WMV version...gotta love cross platform compatability!

Macs Rock!
    DLB

24. MasterZap

Aug 11, 2002
    If your torrent client saves the file where you can't find it, it is hardly our fault.

You said you have a MAC. So then it is obviously your fault. ;) *just kidding*

/Z

25. Linn_DP

Linn_DP Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.