main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bloom, IN Official Revenge of the Sith On DVD release party for the Hoosier Alliance @ Wal-Mart!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by echo-3, Jul 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Did that last Saturday.
    Here is the timeline.

10/31 MONDAY
    Gather at WalMart at 10pm
    Trivia contest 10:30pm
    Costume contest 11PM
    Winner Announced at 11:30PM

I am going to appoint members to run the trivia contest and award the prize, and I will appoint three members to be Judges in the costume contest at the next meeting.

E-

2. umop_apisdn

umop_apisdn Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2004

ok, since sara and i aren't gonna be at the meeting it'd probably be best if those who are interested in putting up 5-10 flyers just go ahead and print them themselves. if you need more than you can easily print on your own, or you have a high-profile area that would benefit from some larger posters let me know and i can get some printed up at work.

-mike

3. TheQueenMother

TheQueenMother Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 17, 2004
    Mike, I'd be more than happy to print that few here at my house then. :) If I can think of an area or two that might benefit from a larger one I'll let you know (maybe the public library or some local bookstores?). :D

And Eric, I have to go into Wal-Mart tomorrow morning/afternoon to get stuff to take on my trip so I'll look around to see if they got the poster up right quick. I gotta make the trek back to electronics anyway to get new headphones since mine punked out on me after...5 years. [face_thinking]

4. umop_apisdn

umop_apisdn Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2004

i can print bunches. i just don't think i'm gonna have the time to get them distributed to those who are gonna be putting them up.

5. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Just came from Wal-Mart. No sign's yet, But they do have up a new Ilse with Figures,DVD's and Light sabers on it.

6. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    We were at Walmart this mourning and the sign's are not up ,But I did talk with the store manager and he was very happy with them. So keep a look out this week for them.
    E-

7. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Tuesday and still no posters in sight.The only thing I can guess is they are waiting untill next week to put them up.
    Keep an eye out everybody.

8. NorvelleJedi05

NorvelleJedi05 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2002
    Besides the posters @ WM where are the other posters?

9. TheQueenMother

Nov 17, 2004
    Starting Monday (it's midterm week folks give me a break) I will be putting up flyers in the music building, SPEA and Woodburn Hall on campus. That will give the fans a week to read them and decide to come.

I will also be personally handing out "invites" (the posters) to people I know who are Star Wars fans and inviting them to come and check out the HA (one of the AI's in Hundred espically he was at the midnight movie release and the all night Target sit in for the Vader figure but he came at 7 instead of 1 am ;)).

And the Luke costume came yesterday and is now in my posession so I will be there in costume.

10. Sword_of_SPEA

Sword_of_SPEA Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    Perhaps at the Friday meeting those of us planning to put flyers up around campus should plan where we're going to place them, since a few of us stay within the same area. That way we insure a more coehesive coverage, instead of all our flyers in the SPEA/BUS/Woodburn area. ;)

11. NorvelleJedi05

Mar 26, 2002
    NOTE: The big bullentin board in front of the commons in the IMU is a good place to put up posters. ;)

12. NorvelleJedi05

Mar 26, 2002
    Where are the posters?

13. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Just came from Walmart.Still no posters and I dont know why.Gonna try and call HR about it.

14. NorvelleJedi05

Mar 26, 2002
    I was at Walmart today Eric and didn't see any posters. Though I haven't seen any posters around campus, i.e. IMU.

15. Sword_of_SPEA

Feb 14, 2005
    I didn't put mine up today since everything was nasty and wet, I decided that there would be the risk of more rain (which there was) and it would be better to wait until the next day. So, the fliers and tape are all packed and ready to go tomorrow. Gave some for my mother to put up and her place of business, and a few people stopped and asked her about it. Sounds like they are coming.

16. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    My mom pointed out to me that there was a very small article in yesterdays HT about us and the event at Walmart.It was in the Arts section.

17. TheQueenMother

Nov 17, 2004
    I'm so sorry that I stayed home sick today. I had a very long weekend that had absolutly nothing to do with alcohol. Expect to start seeing some tomorrow and Wed.

18. Bodknocks_

Bodknocks_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 4, 2004
    It's okay Sara, none of us put any up today.

"After all, tomorrow is another day!"

19. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I will cal Wal-Mart Wednesday to find out why our posters are not up.
    If I find out that someone called and cancelled our event....Heads are gonna roll!
    E-

20. TheQueenMother

Nov 17, 2004
    I have started putting together questions for the trivia contest. I'm going to try to make up 100 or so just to cover ourselves. They will be typed on the computer and put onto notecards so they're easy to read for whoever is doing the reading... yeah. If you have a specific question you want to be included, PM it to me. Otherwise I'm just going to use the cards that go along with the Trivial Pursuit game.

Re: prizes for the trivia game. Maybe someone should check out Factory Card Outlet or places like that for stickers or other smallish Star Wars related prizes.

Campus posters around the library end of campus will be going up tomorrow between 9:20 and 10 am. I have personally handed out a few posters myself and of course there is the blitz this Friday. I think we'll have a nice crowd. Keep plugging it where you can though!

Yeah... feel free to discuss amongst yourselves. I'm going to go have dinner.

21. Bodknocks_

Apr 4, 2004
    I've got a bad feeling about this...

22. Sword_of_SPEA

Feb 14, 2005
    no, no bad feelings. Everything is going to be fine. Fine fine fine...or else.

I think we have all the prizes covered now, except for the DVD which obviously has to wait. Should we maybe like make a little certificate (like...on Word) to give to the two winners? or no...I can make one very easily.

And fliers are going up...TODAY, Sara and I are putting them up.

23. Bodknocks_

Apr 4, 2004
    I just got a text message from Eric saying everything's okay, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

24. TheQueenMother

Nov 17, 2004
    Molly and I have put up posters in the business buildings and SPEA as well as the main library. They are few and far between but they are there. Since our name is on them we were hesitant to put them some places, afraid of bad publicity.

Tomorrow will be the Union, Woodburn and Ballentine.

EDIT: Thursday morning- As of 9:30 today Wal-Mart still had not put up posters that I could see. I even travelled back to the electronics dept. and nothing. I posted something in the Bloomington Livejournal and because we're doing it at Wal-Mart alot of people have said they'd come if it wasn't there. I tried to explain that BB was... well we all know but whatever. I have one guy coming I know for sure because I pester him every day about it. ;)

25. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Posters are to be up by Sunday. I know..I know.. WHy so late? No idea.
    We are in todays HT on page A-4
    I hope we get a huge turnout.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.