main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bloom, IN Official Revenge of the Sith On DVD release party for the Hoosier Alliance @ Wal-Mart!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by echo-3, Jul 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I just came from Walmart and spoke to the manager. He gave me the posters and ask me to hang them up at the store first thing in the mourning. So look for them tomorrow.

2. Sword_of_SPEA

Sword_of_SPEA Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    maybe we discussed this all ready, and I have missed it (been a long...FUN day). Do we have a specific place that we are meeting at 10pm? And is this all taking place in the parking lot. or the electronics department? Or does WalMart have a special place for us? Just trying to make sure before Monday, because sometimes it's hard to find people, even when they're in costume. ;)

3. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    The plan right now is to meet right next to the snack bar @ 10pm
    Everything as far as I know will take place in that area. Also I just came from AVALON
    and Keith and I put up our poster in the big bay window .If your in there before Tuesday,Say thanks to the staff for putting it up for us.

4. Sword_of_SPEA

Feb 14, 2005
    We had talked about some of us dressing on our costumes and handing some fliers, and here's the result:
    Spreading the Word on Campus

I'm working on getting the video clip of DDR-Trooper turned the right way.

5. darth_tristar

darth_tristar Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2005
    Hello, I am new to Bloomington and am looking for a place that is hosting a midnight release bash for episode 3. Any help you can send my way would be awesome. Thanks!

6. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Just sent you a email!
    Hope you can make it Monday night!

7. Bodknocks_

Bodknocks_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Excellent pictures, we all look great! When I squint my eyes and look at those pictures, I do look a little like Harrison Ford. I never knew I had it in me! ;)

8. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Auston
    You look fantastic!!!
    I wish I had a costume :(

9. darth_tristar

darth_tristar Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2005
    Awesome, only one problem, I did not get the email yet. Thanks.

10. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I sent it to the email you registered here on the force.net
    Anyway, We will be at Walmart at 10pm Monday night.
    Trivia contest starts at 10:30pm and Costume contest starts at 11pm.
    Prizes for both kids and adults.
    You may email me directly for more info hoosieralliance@sbcglobal.net
    or read this thread form the beginning.
    Hope to see ya Monday night!

11. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002

POSTER'S ARE UP!

I just finished putting them up myself. We have to remember to take them down before we leave Monday night.

Agian the prizes are as follow's

Triva (kids) = Star Wars stickers
    Triva (adults) = Variation Red "Shock" Trooper Action Figure

Costume (kids) = Star Wars Hard Plastic Drinking Cup's
    Costume (adults) = Revenge of the Sith DVD w/Mal-Mart Bonus Disk

12. Bodknocks_

Apr 4, 2004
    Thanks for puting up the posters Eric! Hopefully that will help draw in some more people.

I bought a Darth Wrinkles Pez dispenser at Spencer Wall-Mart the other day that I'll be donating to the Kid's Costume contest winner. I also nabbed some candy incase there are any trick-or-treating Jedi abound.

I hope we have a good turnout, I'm excited already! [face_pumpkin][face_dancing][face_pumpkin]

13. TheQueenMother

TheQueenMother Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 17, 2004
    The trivia contest is 61% done (61 outta 100 questions yeah I figured that out myself... horray for percentages). I should be able to finish it this afternoon easily and rubber cement the questions (I typed them up so whoever reads them can actually read them) to the notecards and make them pretty.

However I need a tie breaker question. A multiple parter or something really, really hard. I was thinking something about where those numbers show up in each movie but I'm so open to suggestions. Post them here or PM them to me or e-mail pointyearedchic at yahoo dot com. Even if you have a trivia question you want to include that you really like let me know. I'll be here all day (until I go out to get rubber cement).

See ya'll Monday, I promise Auston. ;)

14. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    hhhhmmmmm......61 of 100 is 61 per cent......hhhhhmmmm
    wonder if she can help me with my taxes:)

Trivia...ok, How about where....yikes,
    guess I better think this through and then pm it to ya.

Ed

15. Bodknocks_

Apr 4, 2004
    13 hours 34 minutes to go!

[face_pumpkin] [face_dancing] [face_pumpkin]

*still dancing*

16. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    6 hrs 45 min to go

17. Sword_of_SPEA

Feb 14, 2005
    [face_coffee] Okay, here are the pictures everyone!! I'm uploading the videos, and my lovely Dial-Up computer is not the fastest hunk-of-junk in the galaxy. But, they should be up before 10 (since I'm then leaving for work)

Pictures from Last night

I'm not claiming any of the slightly random pictures.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EDH15WNF (Auston running around WalMart Parking lot as Han)

18. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Those pictures are great. It was a fun time & I think we may have at least One new member out of the experience.
    I only wish that we would have had a few kids in costume there.My oldest son was to come out dressed as Vader but he fell asleep and the wife could not wake him. Oh well,There is always CIV !
    [image=http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a393/jedimaster_eric/Picture485.jpg][image=http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a393/jedimaster_eric/Picture479.jpg]

19. Sword_of_SPEA

Feb 14, 2005
    Here's a quick wrap-up of the event:

Our trivia winner was Brett (shown in this picture http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/mahilliker/r1.jpg) and won by four points.

Our costume winner was...well the cards are actually, possibly in Sara's car, but he dressed as the Emperor's Royal Guard (this picture http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/mahilliker/r2.jpg). His favorite Movie was ESB, favorite character was Vader. I didn't stalk him, it was on the cards, and I memorize strange things.

I think we got our name out to a lot of people, and of course had a lot of fun. Some of the pictures still cause me to laugh. Wal-Mart was unbelievably helpful. They took pictures for a bulletin board, but at this time I haven't seen one. So keep your eyes open.

See everyone at the meeting!

20. TheQueenMother

Nov 17, 2004
    I found the cards (they were in my belt pouch) and the costume winner's name is Christan. ;) I told you I still have them. They were just under a trombone, band uniform, basketball band uniform and other random clothing.

21. Darth_Venome

Darth_Venome Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    I enjoyed the Wal-Mart release party thouroughly. I was very reluctant to walk into Wal-Mart in costume, but it paid off with the new DVD in hand! Anyway, we could get the image of the costume contest back up? My browser says the page does not exist, and I would love for my wife to see her winning husband.

22. TheQueenMother

Nov 17, 2004
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/mahilliker/ROTS%20Event/DSCN1369.jpg]

Here's one from Molly (Sword_of_SPEA). Glad you had fun. Makes it even more worth while.

23. Bodknocks_

Apr 4, 2004
    *Watches me running around screaming with a blaster*

This kriffing movie never gets old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.