*Official* Reversal of Fortune Thread (daily webstrip lead up to ROTS!)

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Garth Maul, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    The thread is pretty much self-explanatory, and should focus only on "Reversal of Fortune", the lead-up to ROTS.

Any thoughts on it so far? I haven't read a daily strip in a long time, but it's entertaining so far.

I don't know how many months before ROTS it is, but it looks like things might not be going so well for the Confederacy.

Barriss now evidently has her own Padawan who looks something like an Ewok. 8-}
  2. stormcloud8 Force Ghost

star 4
    It is somewhat interesting. Obviously moving quite slowly, so I was quite confused at first, but now I'm starting to pick up what's going on.
  3. Ghost_Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    can anyone provide this poor non-hyperspace member w/ a link
  4. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    UP.

The comics have been getting more interesting, especially with the conversation between the Council and Palpatine.

Obviously there is quite a bit of tension there.

The action on Felucia or whatever is alright, and I like how General Grievous seems to be "playing" the Confederacy (i.e., tells Shu Mai to evacuate, but not Nute Gunray).

Tom Hodges, the artist for Reversal of Fortune, said that LFL has actually closely supervised the progression of events, and that the comic will give greater understanding to some of the events in ROTS.
  5. EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost

star 5
    Havent read the strip, but in the OS databank read for Grievous it says that the General is causing the Core worlds to tremble... So is this a contradiction? Or am I just terribly uninformed.....as usual :p
  6. stormcloud8 Force Ghost

star 4
    It seemed completely pointless and plotless at first, but has become interesting with the introduction of Palps and the Jedi.
  7. drth sidious Jedi Knight

star 2
    For those like me who don't have Hyperspace, the Unofficial Clone Wars site keeps a summary of what is going on in the strips. I guess it's ok to post the link

Reversal of Fortune
  8. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    True enough. What I found VERY interesting in last night's strip is that Yoda says "defeated TWICE by Dooku, Skywalker is. In skill he has grown, but also in anger."

I doubt the 2nd time refers to that weird Dooku duel in the Clone Wars videogame.

I wonder when the 2nd time is that Anakin fights Dooku?
  9. obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe it's planned for an upcoming EU book?
  10. stormcloud8 Force Ghost

star 4
    I can't recall if he faced off against him in a comic, perhaps. If not, definitely in one of the books.

But I wish they hadn't done this. It works better if ROTS is the first time he sees the guy who lopped off his arm, and he gets to take out his anger. But I suppose the point of it is that he can not defeat Dooku until he uses the Dark Side.
  11. drth sidious Jedi Knight

star 2
    In The Clone Wars video game, Anakin and Dooku fight for like 3 seconds. Anakin is then knocked out by Cydon Prax. That's the only other time they fight I can think of.
  12. classixboy Jedi Master

star 4
    Anyone notice that Pestage, the Chancellor's advisor, is one of the same creepy guys that hang out with Palpatine in ROTJ? That was cool.
  13. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    THAT'S where I recognize him from! Well done.

Yeah, it's a cool tribute to ROTJ.

Interesting how they seem to be setting up the eventual beginning of ROTS.

Today Palps assures the Jedi and his advisors that the Imperial Navy is ready and able to defend Coruscant from any Separatist attacks. ;)
  14. classixboy Jedi Master

star 4

Yeah, the comic is definitely setting the scene for Coruscant to get WHACKED by the Separatists.

It's funny: with one man in charge of both factions, why did the Clone Wars last as long as they did? Palpatine/Sidious could have ended the war a long time ago ... but it seems that he wanted the galaxy to be decimated by war. That way I guess it's easier to rule by fear ...
  15. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Just so. ;)

More Jedi die, more fear, more corruption, more desperation.

He knows BOTH sides of what's going to happen.
  16. stormcloud8 Force Ghost

star 4
    That is a good point. And I hope that it is explained why he decided to bring the war to a close. Had all his objectives been met? And I wonder exactly what his objectives were? Obviously seizing absolute power, and destroying the Jedi. I wonder if he had other specific, and less strategic, goals.
  17. classixboy Jedi Master

star 4
    I liked tonight's entry. More Grievous! Is this the first time that Utapau has been mentioned in the EU? This sounds like a very interesting planet, considering the BTH that was released tonight also. Grottos? ... the mystique deepens ...
  18. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    So cool to have Palpatine and Sidious use the exact same line "this may be your finest hour, General(s)".

Grievous is going to be cool, I can feel it.

storm - excellent point - things are obviously coming to a head - maybe Palps never expected Anakin and Obi-Wan to pull out so many victories...

but I think we have to believe that Palps' foresight is in full effect in ROTS - I'm sure he wanted to wait until:

(a) he could take full (and permanent) control of the Republic over the Senate;

(b) enough Jedi had been killed off that they were no longer much of a threat;

(c) the time is ripe for greater manipulation of Anakin Skywalker.
  19. classixboy Jedi Master

star 4
    wOW -- Now we're on Utapau and a voice is shouting out for Tion Medon!

I'm shocked that the webstrip is showing us this ep. 3 locale and introducing such a mysterious character!

Lucasfilm is upsetting the whole concept of SPOILERS!

LOL, I love it!
  20. RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Ok, I have got to get my butt in gear and read this thing! I'll report back later. :p
  21. Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus

star 5
    An unused concept for Mos Espa:

[image=http://www.echostation.com/graphics/books/ep1art/ep1_art4.jpg]

Look familiar?

Our first real look at Utapau (as opposed to the little bit we got in the concept art), and a reveal what planet it is at the same time. They're certainly not shy about revealing things, but I expect this won't be the last we see of it; they tend to show every planet at least once in the trailers. With the grassy plains, this could be the location of the Grievous picture people were thinking was on Naboo.
  22. stormcloud8 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'd rather not know about this Tion Medon guy, but I guess we're gonna find out.

It is only going to get worse with the books coming out leading up to the film.
  23. classixboy Jedi Master

star 4
    Embrace the spoilers. They are your destiny.
  24. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Get out of 3NS, classixboy. 8-}

I would guess this is the kind of stuff that would help us more deeply understand the situation leading into ROTS...

I think the planet is going to look pretty cool.

It was pretty funny the way that voice was yelling for Tion Medon - it reminded me of "WilMAAAAAAAAAAAA" by Fred Flintstone.
  25. classixboy Jedi Master

star 4
    I would guess this is the kind of stuff that would help us more deeply understand the situation leading into ROTS...

I agree completely that this is the point of the webstrip ... BUT ...

A lot of fans will think this is too spoilerific. And I agree ... but I am too much of a sucker to resist.

I also thought the "TION MEDON!!!!" shout was funny. Very cartoonish. How appropriate.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.