main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official* Reversal of Fortune Thread (daily webstrip lead up to ROTS!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Garth Maul, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Ok... tell us something we don't already know.

Though I suppose we didn't know that Grevious apparently tied Shaak Ti up when he kidnapped Palpatine.

2. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    That...was interesting.

Why not just kill her?

3. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    I know...

Of course Palpy wouldn't want Grevious to kill her because she can spread it around that he was kidnapped... thus building up his charade even more. Who would ever believe Palpatine was in league with the very Federation kidnapping him?

But Grevious doesn't know Palpy is Sidious... I suppose he could have receieved instructions not to kill members of the Council... weird though.

4. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    yeah, but couldn't GG simply leave a holograph, as it would probally have been quicker than leaving Shaak Ti all tied up like that.

Also was it ever stated how she and the rest of the Jedi survived their encounter w. the General from the last episode of the Clone Wars dvd?

5. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    No, that's going to be the start of Season Two of the Clone Wars, I believe.

I know for SURE we get to see it at some point.

6. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Good call, guys.

Shaak Ti alive ONLY because he wants the Jedi to know what he's accomplished.

Pretty grim happenings.

7. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Indeed.

And it isn't Whie... ah well.

8. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Well, things are getting interesting again.

I don't get it - suddenly the Invisible Hand split in two in the upper atmosphere of Coruscant? And Obi-Wan and Anakin have already joined the battle?

Are Aayla, Barriss et al seeing events from OUR May 19th, i.e., the beginning of ROTS?

I'm getting pretty confused as to the timeline here.

9. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    The battle for Felucia is apparently going on at the same time as the space battle and the beginning of the movie. By the time Aayla and Barriss check in to see what the situation is, the battle's over and Grievous' ship destroyed. So at that point in the movie timeframe, the Trade Federation Cruiser scene and space battle are already over.

I'm surprised they're already at this point in the movie. If the comic's going to keep going until opening night, they they'll either need to have more stuff to do on Felucia or a recap of what happened on Coruscant.

10. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Yeah, weird that it seems to be overlapping the movie... and there's still awhile to go.

But let's hope things get more interesting here.

11. Irish_Ghost

Irish_Ghost Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2005
    I wonder if Ekria will be in rots? As it looks like Aayla will be on Felucia, and it would be cool to see what Ekria looks like.

Brilliant!

12. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Does anybody have a link for us non-hyperspace members so we can read this?

13. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    It's for hyperspace users only.

14. obi_wan_kanathan

May 10, 2001
    Hmm, I'm going to guess now that the comic's simply going to spend the time up until the movie setting up the different groups and characters for the movie.

We just established why the Seperatist leadership is on Mustafar, and I'll bet we'll soon find out the reason why Grievious is on Utapau. It wouldn't surprise me if we also see some of the other Jedi on planets we'll see in the movies.

15. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Oh! I forgot about these. Have to get caught up...

Alright, now I am caught up. I really don't like the fact that they're totally fast forwarding into events that take place during the movie. It goes beyond the good taste of the spoiler free citizen! I thought it was only a 'lead up' to the movie, not an elaboration on the movie itself?

16. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    A person who will remain nameless gave me a link to all of Reversal of Fortune strips and I must say I'm impressed with it.

17. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Now the Separatists are being shipped off Utapau to Mustafar.

and someone is apparently watching Grievous, and Grievous knows. Looks like a Jedi. If it's Obi-Wan, I'm not reading the rest of the strip. Why would I want to find out what happens in the movie in black and white comic strips?

18. obi_wan_kanathan

May 10, 2001
    Yeah. I hope the figure just turns out to be another Jedi who reports that Grievous is on Utapau before presumably being killed by him.

19. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    I'm going to be most displeased if it is Obi-Wan. This webstrip is out of control in terms of timeline.

Abother question - they're clearly alluding to the Death Star in a previous strip, meaning the Death Star is already under construction by the Confederacy, an interesting twist. But - if it is already being built, then it must take 20 years to finish. So how was Palpatine able to build the second Death Star (even bigger and more powerful) in just a year or two?

20. obi_wan_kanathan

May 10, 2001
    Well, it's possible that the Death Star is still in a early design phase. The DSII was simply an improved Death Star, so most of the project time would be spent building and not designing it.

But even if they have started building it, it's possible that it'll take another 20 years for them figure out how to design the superlaser. Obviously, the DSII wouldn't have to deal with that problem.

21. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    You know, I'm becoming convinced that the webstrip is now in ROTS territory.

Remember when they started the Siege of Coruscant a while back, and we were all wondering what was going on?

Well, I thought one of the Set Diaries mentioned Aayla's line in today's webstrip. "Sorry I'm late, Master Windu. Would you like my report?"

Might be time to stay away.

22. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Curse them. Curse them for their legalized spoilers.

23. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Well, today's webstrip has definite confirmation that we're within the actual movie timelines.

I can only assume that the webstrip will touch on things that the film/novel/comic books do not, because it's not an official part of ROTS.

I, of course, will continue to read it, because I already know everything that's going to happen.

But other 3NS'ers might want to stay away until after the film is released.

24. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Yeah. There are getting to be spoilers. Starting with strip 103. 103 and 117 are the only ones that had anything really noticable unless I missed something. Anything after 103 is questionable. As I know nothing of the plot I honestly don't know if they are RotS spoilers or not.

I'll keep reading it for it now and let you guy know of any strips with obvious spoilers.

25. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    My advice? Back the hell out now. You might be very very sorry otherwise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.