main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO ***Official RotK Countdown Thread***

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by quigon_brian, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    Within the next couple of months, people are going to start getting really hyped about this movie. So I thought I would start things off.

Here is a direct link to the first Return of the King trailer.

If that doesn't work, go to this South Park site. They have several mirrors to it.

The trailer isn't nearly as good at TTT trailers, but it's still freakin awesome. It's got a lot of cool shots in it. Check it out now. Seriously. You need to see this.

2. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    so nobody is interested in these?

weird

3. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    i've seen the trailer, loved it. The last time i tried to watch it it didn't work for some reason.

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm totally interested just my net's to slow.

5. _Mike_

_Mike_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2002
    I Cuppajoe sent me a link, I want to see the movie now

6. Dinogallus

Dinogallus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2003
    I've seen the trailer. It looks good, but I'm confused. The enemies in the trailer were Orcs, but did anyone see the first FotR trailer? There were Uruk-hai marching under the Eye instead of the Hand.

7. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    I'm going crazy waiting for it! I checked out those links and only a couple worked for me...cause of my suckputer.

As far as the Uruk-hai marching under the eye...I believe it's because in the movies Sauron told Saruman via the palantir to build him an army worthy of Mordor. So Saruman was developing the Uruk-hai for the "Lidless Eye".

8. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    I really don't like LOTR very much, but I have made it a point to go see them while they were still in theaters. I was wondering if anyone wanted to get together and go see this one dressed in SW costumes? It will be fun, I went and saw Clones in costume and lots of people gave me weird looks, imagine seeing the wrong movie in costume-lots and lots of weird looks.

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    YIMG, if I hadn't already promised to see it with my bf I totally would do it. But actually I can go twice. That would be SO funny. We'd have to take pictures. I can just see it in my head, a bunch of stormtroopers, Anakin, Leia all in line with Orcs and Gandalfs.

10. _Mike_

Aug 20, 2002
    a)People would think us stupid
    b)It would lead to funny questions

THAT IS THE BEST IDEA EVER! :D

11. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    *bounces*

I so can't wait for the movie to come out :D
    I have no issues with saying I'm a LotR freak :p

and and, I should be home for winter break when it comes out :D

*bounces more*

oh, does anyone know when the extended edition of TTT comes out?

12. yodaboy

yodaboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 5, 2001
    AWWW MAN THIS MOVIE IS GOING TO RAWK!!!!!!!

*goes unconcious thinking of the movie*

SEVERAL HOURS LATER:

MAN OH MAN.... hehehehehehehehhehehehe.... when DOES the extended TTT dvd come out? I'm going to wait for that one to buy it, it'll be awesome!

13. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Oh... TTT=The Two Towers, duh...
    Man it took me like 2 monthes to figure that one out. I kept thinking you were talking about T3.

14. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Extended Edition will be out on November 18th. I couldn't wait that long to get it on DVD so we bought the normal length on Tuesday and we're giving it to a friend after the EE comes out. It'll hold me over for now. I'M A LORD OF THE RINGS DORK!!!

15. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Diva, the FFC (Fan Force Correct) term is nerd not dork. During the Confusion, we decided nerd sounds better and does not have the negative connotations as dork (that and it makes us all seem smarter).

16. _Mike_

Aug 20, 2002
    Its kinda like "American and damn proud of it!" but for me its that and "Nerdish and damn proud!"

17. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Okay...LOTR nerd then...or where does geek stand on the scale? :D

18. _Mike_

Aug 20, 2002
    Geek... now that is a bad thing.... Nerd is good... Geek is like... pocket protecters and glasses the size of the moon and such. ;)

19. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Yeah, nerds are usually cuter than geeks, but geeks aren't bad either. The glasses and pocket protectors have a certian charm. I've always been attracted to both the geeks and the nerds (sorry Randy), they care less about the social stigmas that when you brake them, make life more fun (ie Star Wars nerds like us).

Anyway Diva, LOTR has a pretty low geek score. It's "cool" to be into it still. Just like Star Wars in 1999 and 2002. Now in a couple years a LOTR nerd will rank about where a Star Wars did in the early 90's, or Trekies do now.

20. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Just curious...has anyone else read "The Silmarillion"?

21. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    I have never read any of the LOTR books, but adding to the previous posts, personally I am a geek and proud of it! Besides, take anybodys description of a geek, look at the Revenge Of The Nerds movies, and thats what you are looking at. Somehow geek has become almost an insult to some people, while nerd isn't. Makes no sense to me. Oh well, just my two cents.

22. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Reading "The Silmarillion" is like watching the Star Wars movies.....you get the end of the story and then you find out what happens before.

And...maybe I am a dork...most of you don't know what I look like. :D

23. Dinogallus

Dinogallus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2003
    I have read "The Silmarillion", and so far, I am the only one of my friends who knows how to pronounce it. I shall write it as it sounds: Sil-marr-ill-ee-un

24. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    hey andy, i know how to pronounce it, so am i not your friend then? and no i havent read it but am going to go and buty it along with like 4 other Tolkien books very soon

25. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Get The Adventures of Tom Bombadil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.