main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO ***Official RotK Countdown Thread***

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by quigon_brian, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dinogallus

Dinogallus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2003
    I did not know that you knew how to pronounce that, dudeman.

2. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    I-read-some-of-Return-of-the-king.....like-9-pages...hahaha.

Interesting-stuff.

3. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Just wanted to let you all know...there is now a LOTR trivia room in MSN. Look under Entertainment chat rooms. There are only 100 questions but its a start. If you can think of some q's you'd like to add just PM me. Thanks!

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm actually getting really excited about this movie. The spider thing is gonna RULE!! I just got TTT for my birthday last Wednesday and the first thing my b/f and I did was watch the ROTK "preview". Maybe like last year I'll attempt to read the book first. I'm a huge reader but the three in one compulation is so intimidating.

5. _Mike_

_Mike_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2002
    Its like the bible, you don't HAVE to read all the books. You should tho...

Oh... wait... it IS the bible. ;-)

6. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I realize that, it just that it's SOOO big and SOOO heavy that it's scary. that and it doesn't fit in my book bag with out getting all smashed up and gross.

7. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    I need to buy the Silmarillion. Dinogallus was telling me about the whole backstory behind lord of the rings, about how middle earth was created and how Sauron became evil. Really cool stuff.

8. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    And you could find out about Elbereth...my alter ego on msn and yahoo.

9. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    lotr is so friggin awesome man!!! but the trailers dont work on my slow @$$ computer.

10. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    I went to see Secondhand Lions today and got to see the trailer...AWESOME! You get to see part of Shelob and Dernhelm and all sorts of battle shots and also Aragorn receiving Anduril and Elrond "chewing out" Arwen for her choice. I had tears of excitement in my eyes!

11. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    I just downloaded that trailer! oh my God oh my God oh my God...

I'm sorry star wars enthusiasts, but I have a feeling this is going to be the greatest movie ever made.

12. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    pat, what is the link to that site?

13. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    just go to the official lord of the rings site.

14. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    You can also go to www.theonering.net

15. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Would anyone be interested in a movie meeting...a VERY LONG movie meeting? On December 16th it's Trilogy Tuesday. Only 100 theaters in the US are doing this...they're playing FOTR, TTT, and ROTK back to back. Return of the King will show at 11:00pm. It's going to be at Ronnies 20. It'll mean taking a day off work, but I think I can swing it.

16. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Dajuan and Randy just might be there, depends on when his school break starts!!

17. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    The Extended Editions are playing at Ronnies in the STL area. Just FYI ;)

18. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    I read that at the official site. Does anyone know where Ronnies is, or has anyone ever been there?

19. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Ronnies is in South County, off of 55. I've been there more times than I can count. A nice theater, just a lot of teenagers hanging out infront of it.

20. Dinogallus

Dinogallus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2003
    IT'S GONNA BE IN ST. LOUIS!?!? OH MY GOD!
    I have to see that, even if it means falling asleep during the semester finals the next day.

21. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    The Extended Editions will start Dec 5th i think...that's what will be shown before ROTK.

22. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Ok everyone I need a little help. I am reading Return of the King for the first time. I read all of Fellowship and a bit of Two Towers, but I had to quit part way in because I got really lost!! Now I'm still lost!! I know what's happening with Frodo and Sam but I am REALLY lost with Merry, Pippin, Gandolf, Legolas, Strider and the Dwarf.

The movie and the book obviously don't correspond exactly. Last I heard Gandalf and the Gang were at Helms Deap and the Hobbits were with the Ents. How in the world did everyone get to the point at the beginning of Return of the King?

One last thing, whose side is Isengard on? All the names have me really turned around.

23. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    The movie TTT stops before the book TTT ends. Stuff from the book will be in ROTK. So do the job properly and read it all.

24. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    The part about Frodo and Sam are fairly accurate except that Faramir is a wonderful character and not a jerk like in the movie. Isengard=Saruman=Bad...Merry,Legolas,Gimli,Aragorn stay with King Theoden and Gandalf rides ahead to Gondor with Pippin. The "how come" is too much to explain in a single post. You really should speed read the rest of Two Towers...it differs quite a bit from the movie.

25. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    Yeah, read the voice of saruman, flotsam and jetsam, or the road to isengard. Any of those chapters should explain it for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.