St. Lou, MO ***Official RotK Countdown Thread***

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by quigon_brian, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Oh so we're your backup plan huh? I feel so used!

Anyway, I'm planning on making Wookie Cookies. I just got the first Star Wars cook book and those things are incredible!! I'm selling them at a bake sale this week, bet they go like crazy!
  2. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    bring me a cookie.. please?
  3. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    I'll make MORE for the party and I'll save you some ;)

I'll also have some for my New Years party.
  4. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    Hope you guys have a lot of fun!

I read that the battle at the fields was going to be an HOUR LONG!!! AWESOME!!!

Also, does anyone know when the soundtrack comes out?
  5. Dagobah_Diva Force Ghost

star 4
    The soundtrack is out now supposedly...i havent actually seen it though. I guess you can preview it at www.lordoftherings.net
  6. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Yeah should be soon. AOTC came out about 3 weeks ahead of time if I remember correctly.
  7. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, the regular cd is out. But I'm waiting for Dec. 9th, when the expanded edition of the soundtrack comes out with bonus DVD. Nice Christmas present indeed...

BTW, I'm probably seeing the movie opening night with my friends. HUZZAH!! Geez, can't wait!!! :D ;)
  8. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    just thought I'd hop around:

3 DAYS! YAYAY!! *bounces*

and we see it in... uh.. 6 days! YAYY!

I'm not excited :p
  9. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Everyone else ready? If you need a ride/metro pickup or directions let me know. Everyone grab some sodas I think DarthTrader volunteered some food, but we will provide some as well. Requests anyone? I make a mean wookie cookie and my tacos are good too. I think we're having a veggie tray as well.
  10. JediJeffro Force Ghost

star 5
    Just to be sure, we're meeting in the lobby at 6:30 Saturday, right?
  11. dudeman Jedi Knight

star 3
    nope, sorry guys, gotta work that night, but i am gonna see it on friday most likely, sorry guys
  12. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    No, we're meeting there at 7:30, the movie starts at 8:30.

Remember I have tickets for:
    Me, Randy, Jon, Ellie, Tabee, Eric
  13. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Randy is bugging the crap out of me about what food and drinks (he scribes) that all of you want at the party. Please tell me so he leaves me alone. Thanks.
  14. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
  15. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    Yay!

The astronomy teacher I'm a TA for saw it already today. Said it's great. I can't wait.

So what time is the pre party starting so we can watch all the previoius ones?
  16. quigon_brian Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm leaving in 20 minutes with my roommate to see it. I'll be sure to spoil it for everyone when I get home.

:p
  17. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Get there between 12 and 12:30. We'll start after everyone arrives. We'll supply lunch.
  18. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
  19. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Still haven't had any food requests though.
  20. Dagobah_Diva Force Ghost

star 4
    I am going to see it on Friday night just as a precaution. My daughter's girl scout troop is having their Christmas party and going caroling at 6:00 and I'm hoping they'll wrap it up quickly. At least the theatre is close to my house so I can get there in 2 seconds.

As for food suggestions...ya can't go wrong with chip dip.
  21. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    You're not coming to the pre-party now :( what a bummer. Hopefully we'll see you at the theater though.

Head count on who is attending the pre-party?
  22. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    Guys, I heard a lot about this movie, and some people are saying this movie alone puts Star Wars to shame. That sounds like blasphemy, but it is LOTR. It's gonna be good nonetheless.
  23. quigon_brian Jedi Master

star 4
    It is amazing

Everything else that made us think that Legolas is a bad-ass is nothing compared to what he does in this one.

Of course the effects were flawless. They put anything that ILM has ever done or will ever do to shame. Why didn't Lucas just swallow his pride and let WETA animate Yoda?

Anyway, I think I still like the battle of Helm's Deep the best, but I definitely think this is the best of the three. God I can't wait for the extended edition of this one to come out.

Everyone go see it right now so I can talk about what actually happens!!!!
  24. Dagobah_Diva Force Ghost

star 4
    Actually I read a scene by scene description of what happens in the movie so I already know how they wrapped up the end and how they deal with everything else. Some things are definately missing, but I suppose it basically keeps to the story. And all the reviews are right...you will cry. I was crying just reading this spoiler. I don't like some of the changes with characters' integrity. PJ makes good characters seem not so pure and okay ones seem horrible.
  25. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Well I thought I'd post this again for anyone who doesn't feel like scrolling back:

Return of the King Extravaganza
    December 20th, 2003 an all day event!

Part one: Catch Fellowship of the Ring and Two Towers at Randy's place. The extended versions of both movies will be shown.

Time: Fellowship starts at 12:30pm. Snacks will be provided though extras will not be turned down.

Where: 6923A Garner Ave, St. Louis
    Contact Jedi_Dajuan for directions.

Part two: Journey to The St. Clair 10 Cine to watch the Return of the King.

Time: The movie starts at 8:30pm, we will meet there at 7:30pm to wait in line for good seats.

How: To preorder tickets either contact Jedi_Dajuan or go to www.wehrenberg.com and follow the directions.

Where: St. Clair 10
    50 Ludwig Dr.
    i-64 and Illinois 159
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.