main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO ***Official RotK Countdown Thread***

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by quigon_brian, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kddidit

kddidit Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2003
    You guys are gonna have a great time! My coworker went to see ROTK late last night. He said its the best of the three and the Spidey trailer looked very cool.

HAVE FUN, STLFF!

2. Bail_Simone

Bail_Simone Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2002
    I saw it last night at Des Peres. I was emotionally exhausted when I left. I think this movie is going to break Titanic's(?) record and win Best Pitcure at the Academy Awards.

People were openly weeping and cheering as the film played. It was amazing and I got caught up in it. Everyone needs to see this and post feedback.

3. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    alrighty everyone, we go see it tomorrow! (or today... depending on when you're reading this...)

so, just a few reminders, we are going to the 8:30 showing, but we want good seats (although with the remodeling St Clair went through, almost every seat is a good seat) anywho, we are meeting at 7:30.

please, please remember that traffic will be horrible, St Clair is in the middle of stores and food places, so please be careful if you're driving, the parking lot can be difficult to get in to, take your time, be patient.

I'll try to get there before 7:30 and I'll be hanging out in the right entrance.

yes, there are 2 entrances, one on either side of the tickety place, so I'll be in the right one. (esp. if it's cold... I ain't freezing for you people :p)

if you didn't have Dajuan order your ticket, come earlier to make sure you get one before they sell out. You can hang out with me til everyone else shows up :)

what else... oh yeah, remember this is a loooooong movie! Make sure parents, SO's, whomever know that you will be home late! We don't want them to worry!

can't wait to see y'all and the movie tomorrow!

if I forgot something... ask... or maybe someone else will mention it... don't think I forgot anything...

*bounce*

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm bringing some Wookie Cookies along. I'll be wearing a big brown leather "Hoth-like" coat for anyone looking for me. I'll be leading a group of people along with me. I think that's about it as well. Hope to see everyone there. My group will be carpooling I think, wow 5 people in my car. What fun!

5. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    oh yay, guess what, i found out i dont have to work at like 2 00 but its too late to go now i think, it starts in like an hour and a half. oh well, you guys have a great time, im hoping to go see it sometime this week

6. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    I just saw it today...it was just...wow.

7. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    I just got back from seeing ROTK.

Gorgeous.
    Beautiful.
    Amazing.
    Spectacular.
    Tear-jerking.

Any of those words above don't even come close to describing the movie. I wouldn't believe it at first, but this movie is now tied for my favorite movie of all time with another "return" movie, Return of the Jedi. ROTK was one of the most thrilling movies I've ever been seen in my life, and I probably won't live to see another movie like it. I had tears in my eyes in most parts, especially at the end. God, those battle scenes were just so dramatic. Plus, the theater was shaking at parts of the movie. It was so awesome. Jeez.

I really just can't describe what that movie meant to me. I've tried, but each attempt has failed. I don't think any one word will be used to describe this movie, it's just awe-inspiring. Peter Jackson is one of the best directors God has put on this earth.

This movie is one of the best movies that was ever made. Period.

Go see this movie. If you don't, you'll regret it very much.

That movie, just, wow. Never again will there be a movie like this. Never.

8. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    I saw it earlier tonight and I'm still in awe. This movie will go down in fim history as one of the greatest epics of all time. I really could find no fault with it, even though I had complaints going in. Practically everyone had their moment of glory. Frodo and Sam get the honors of best performances, espically the way Sam carries Frodo up Mount Doom. And I had watery eyes by the end, this movie made me very emotional. I can't praise it enough...its just that good.

9. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    I guess its official, I am the only person on the planet who has seen ROTK and didn't like it that much. I don't know why, I have tried to describe why to several people but it never seems to work. It was a good movie but I just didn't like it that much.

10. JediJeffro

JediJeffro Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2001
    Well I had every intention of coming before I got stuck at the hospital. Stupid strokes. Going this afternoon, though.

11. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    so how was it to all who went?

12. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    It was YAY! Tabee and I had fun making comments about things. Lots of turning the lines into Star Wars references and other fun stuff. If I had a "You're a cool person sticker", she would have earned one for that. Or perhaps a hat....

13. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Good thing I didn't go with you all then, cause I hate it when people talk during movies. But I still luvs you Tabee! :p

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Yeah it wasn't too bad. Would have been better if I wasn't sick during the whole thing. Snot snot everywhere. Kicker is I'm worse today. Wouldn't mind seeing it again, but I think I'll wait a couple weeks.

15. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Yoda I didnt think it was all that great either. Well, it was great but not as great as I had expected. I think knowing the books ruined it for me...there was so much left out. Also Legolas had like 3 lines or something. Good battles though.

16. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Several battle scenes were kinda funny, though. Like all the guys running through the elephant legs, kinda like, "whoa Hoth flashback". I don't remember what else there was specifically but I know I was thinking star wars reference in a couple other places.

17. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I concur, nowhere near enough Legolas.

18. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    I can't believe you guys didn't like ROTK!!

There were lots of Star Wars refs in the movie that I noticed also. It doesn't matter though, the movie was just so awe-inspiring.

19. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm thinking of seeing it again, anyone with me?

20. Darthtrader

Darthtrader Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2001
    I might like to see it again after the holidays.

21. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    The only star wars references I noticed, if they were even references, were the Opliphaunts, and after Eowyn says "I'm going to save you.." Theoden says smethin like "You already...have", kinda like when Darth Vader dies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.