main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

**OFFICIAL** ROTS movie discussion and spoiler thread - enter at your own peril!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by DarthBreezy, Oct 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    I think he does too... whether consciously or unconsciously. That tear you see fall down his face while standing in the Council Room gives the indication of his turmoil. He was told by a Master - let a lone a Councilor - to say and wait. But the thought of losing his only chance of... well you know ;) spurred his decision a mite bit quicker.

Poor kid... I feel for the guy...

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Something that also interests me is that he's finally gotten a Council member to trust him and yet he has to betray that trust to protect his wife and child. I loved the scene with anakin and padme and nothing but that ethereal music. I found it interesting, though, that it's called Padme's Ruminations. What made me cry (the first time in the movie that didn't have to do with the fact that I was finally watching star wars) was that they had been forced to be so lonely for the sake of being together. Anakin's afraid of losing her, so has to betray himself. Padme feels like he won't be honest with her and is pulling himself away.

3. SapphireBloom

SapphireBloom Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2005
    Went and saw it again last night and it sounds like the same things that I noticed other people have noticed too. I thought the turning scene was way too abrupt the first time I saw it, but this time was much more clear. I think because I was watching for clues from Anakin sooner and picked up on the thought process in the "Ruminations" scene. I don't know why they call this Padme's Ruminations, it seems like it should be called Anakin's Ruminations. I think he's got some deeper thinking going on than she does. I was very disappointed with Padme's character in this movie. She seemed like a big crybaby. I don't mind the scenes with her and Anakin, but it seemed like most of the other scenes she was by herself crying.

Anyway, loved it way more the second time! =D=

4. Jedi_Eva

Jedi_Eva Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2005
    uhh about Padme crying...

A. she was pregnant
    b. she was living udring the middle of a war that her husband was fighting.

5. Vivid_Scripts

Vivid_Scripts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2004
    I just saw ROTS, and its the best SW movie since ESB, thats for sure. Still, there were a few things that I did not like:

1) The first 20 mins. Solid space wars, but the pacing felt screwed up and the dialogue was oh so bland. It was also full of things that annoyed me, such as-

General Greivous: "OMG, We have captured teh Jedi. QUICKLY U FOOLS!!1!1!!1!! Bring them to the bridge so that they can disrupt order, kill my pilots and destroy my ship!"

The first 20 mins isn't completely devoid of enjoyable moments, though. R2 spraying the battle droids with oil and lighting them on fire was hilarious. Comic relief for the win!

2) The duel with Tyranus. It seemed that Lucas was in too much of a hurry to get rid of Tyranus, and he needed to wipe the board clean of unnecessary parts before he could get the REAL gears of the plot moving. IMO, Lucas should have worked Tyranus into the main storyline rather than get rid of him so quickly.

3) The lack of Siri Tachi, Barriss Offee, Luminari Unduli, Kit Fisto, etc. Alright yes, Barriss Offee and Kit Fisto had little kameos in the movie (we see Barriss for a split second and Kit is one of the Jedi who goes with Mace to arrest Sidious) but I woudl have liked to have seen them have larger portions in the film. At least lines... And yes, Siri was {supposedly} killed off in sotj, but I... I... I just didn't like that book and would have rather seen her make an appearance in the Movie.

Things I did like/love in ROTS:

1) Mace Windu's death. Mace definitely did not go out like a chump and did live up to the swordmaster status he has in the EU. True, its arguable if he was really more powerful than Yoda, but he did defeat Sidious when Yoda could not. Anakin's betrayal seemed perfect, but the only thing that felt off was the arguement that ensued between them.

Anakin: "Its NOT the Jedi way!"

Mace: "There can be no trial! He owns the Senate AND the Courts"

I think that the Jedi Council should have served as a Jury. IMO, Mace should have done that. Anyways, I believe that if Anakin had not intervened, Mace would have destroyed the Emperor.
    And Yes, I rank Mace on a higher powerlevel than Yoda- call me crazy, but I think Sam Jackson is just that bad ass. And yes, Mace's Death did not seem *absolute*. There's always the remote possibilty that he somehow survived the lightning and while he was falling down he landed on the air car of Mon Mothma, the future leader of the Rebellion. plot bunnies. You never really know, do you?

2) Order 66 and the rape of the Jedi Temple. Lucas executes this scene as efficently as any war movie without showing all the dramatic blood and gore (although that would have been good to show too ^_^). The pacing of the executions and the display of the betrayals really grabbed me when a watched it, and all I could think of was the movie "Tears of the Sun". True, the details are not as graphic, but it struck me as the same atrocity and left me with the same feeling of loss.

3) "I HATE YOU!" the Obi-Wan/Anakin duel was as solid and powerful as the commercials had promised to be. The best duel since Luke vs Vader in ESB, thats for sure.

4) Alderaan. I had intended to write a fic that would be set there, and seeing it (as breif as that scene was) gave me a much better idea of how to write it. Incredibly Sexy place.

5) R2-D2 = REAL Comic relief. None of that stupid Jar-Jar crap.

6) Anakin kills Padme.

7) The instatement of the Empire. "And this is how liberty dies. To a thunderous applause". Yoda and Palpatine tossing the senate chairs around seemed to embody the struggle of the dying democracy completely. Before they came to the Senate chambers, it was pristine. Orderly. Beautiful. Their fight and the smashing of the chairs (where the representatives of the people are supposed to sit) embodies the sundering of the Republic.

8) The Death Star and Tarkin

9) Obi-Wan's mount/pet/lizard. Forget elephants. Forget rhinos. Forget ostriches. THAT is my kind of mount.

In all, it was a great movie, definitely better than any of

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.