main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA ***Official ROTS Premiere and planning thread!***

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedi_master_sal, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlocke

dlocke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2005
    yeah, is there any news on the Premiere? I know Destinta has the midnight show on sale @ the website. I dont want to miss out on the midnight showing..

2. Jedi_Interceptor

Jedi_Interceptor Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2005
    The only Loews info I've heard is that they say tickets will go on sale "soon".

http://www.enjoytheshow.com/promotions/starwars/

3. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    They aren't on sale yet, but will be soon. Things should alread be arranged, but please let me know just-in-case if you notice tickets on sale.

4. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Fluke... Cool. Sounds good. :)

Back to work,
    Yours Truly

5. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    ARGH!!! Why does Loews hate us so much??? They ALWAYS keep us waiting!!!!

Hey, Fluke, when are you going top need the money for those tickets? Can we get it to you at the premiere?

6. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    The premiere will be fine, but PayPal is the preferred method of payment.

More info will come soon enough.

7. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Dan, we need to add another to the list for tickets.

It's my bud Andy. I've known him for a few years from the AOTC premiere as well as chance encounters over the last few years during toy runs. I ran into him at C3 and he's VERY interested in becoming a part of SWAP. He's actually a member here on the boards already as "dlocke".

I'll vouch for him. Don't worry about the ticket regardless. I've alerted him to the fact that once he signs up he still would haveto pay for the ticket even if something came up. Though I will try to sell it for him at the premiere.

Thanks Dan,
    -Sal

8. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Andy added to the list.

9. dlocke

dlocke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2005
    YAY!!

I went to see Kung Fu Hustle and today @ lowes and I asked about ROTS & when they go on sale. THey said they got all of the info and they are going on sale today hopefully by 5.

10. Hidai

Hidai Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2005
    YES!!! the tickets are on sale now!!!!

http://www.enjoytheshow.com/promotions/starwars/

I hope you had a great time at C3! And welcome back.

jose

11. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Our tickets have been secured!

I got a call from our theater contact and passed them the appropriate info. This is 100% confirmed.

Look for another thread shortly regarding who has a ticket reserved, how many, and who's paid for them up til this point.

-Sal

12. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn

Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
  13. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    One cool thing to do if Loews will let us will be to play one of the movies (or clone wars, or holiday special) on their giant lobby screen, which should also be connected to the smaller tvs throughout the lobby and Loews Club.

Also, let's try to get a radio station to broadcast from there!

14. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I'm working on the radio station as we speak... Stay Tuned. (pun intended)

15. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
  16. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I need to put that call out there again folks.

It's less than 3 weeks away.

We need to get some prizes for the prize pool for the two contests and also, if you can work on getting any donations for Children's Hospital.

I have "Official" SWAP Letterhead detailing what we are doing should the business and/or person require it.

What I would need from you should you have an interested business is this:
    Name of Business
    Contact name that the letter should be addressed to
    Physical Address to send the letter.

Also, please let me know what part of town this is in. If I can hand deliver it I will.

So far I've only had Fluke and myself working on getting businesses to donate. This is the part where I need EVERYONE's help.

If you yourself just want to donate a toy or small book, that's fine as well. Just let me know what you will be getting, so I know which contest to make it a part of the prize poolm for. You don't need to spend a fortune. $5-10 is all that would be needed. If you can or want to donate money be that either to Children's Hospital or the prize pool, that's fine as well. I'm hoping to have some bigger prizes, so any extra funds that we can muster for those would be greatly appreciated.

The main prize I'm thinking for the trivia contest would be the new Star Wars Trivial Pursuit w/DVD.

For the Costume contest, we need to hit up places like JoAnn fabrics for a gift receipt. (Or really any major retailer that sells fabric.)

If you frequent certain stores, then try them out to. All we are asking for is at least $10 equivalent for the prize pool and a $20-25 minimum for the Children's Hospital drive.

you can tell the business that during one of my many consecutive viewings, that I will wear either a hat or t-shirt from that business to promote them during the charity drive.

This has been documented on starwars.com as well, should they need further proof. (Though it is only in the Hyperspace section, so they might have a hard time checking on that.) I can make a screen shot and e-mail it to them, if needed.

Okay folks, this is the time SWAP really needs to shine. It's the last big event for the foreseeable future. Let's make it BIG!

-Sal

17. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Maybe Allie can hit up Jo-Ann's since she works there.

Just another step towards becoming a Jedi knight. :)

18. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    I will talk to them, just as soon as I figure out when I work next...[face_whistling]

what shall i ask them?

19. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Ask them what their policy is for requesting donations. They will probably need a letter detailing the event with the group's letterhead, which Sal can provide.

20. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Allie (and everyone else), simple ask if they would like to donate to you group's fund drive for Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh. Then let them know what we are doing and ask if they'd like to donate a gift card or something of that nature to the prize pool. You can help to entice them by letting them know that should they donate, if they have a shirt, hat, or smock I'll wear it during one of the viewings. It's like "almost" free advertising for them, plus their name will be on the sponsors list.

If they have to go through corporate and it seems it may take too long then ask if they'd like to donate just as the employees of [insert the business name here].

Time is running short, so we can't really wait for this to "sit in a committee" to decide if corporations want to donate to this. Three of the businesses I've approached are doing this through their employees only. It saves the hassle.

-Sal

21. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    The contests have been secured. I went down to the Loews theater today to specifically meet with our contact.

Also, some of you know that I'm getting my hair cut for charity as well. Loews has agreed to allow me to have it cut there in their lobby. So upon my final viewing of the movie in my marathon, I'll be having it cut, and my head shaved clean for the masses to see. I'm hoping this will bring attention to "Locks for Love", the organization that I'm donating the hair to.

Also, Dan forwarded me a list of business that may be interested in donating to the charity event/prize pool. I was ablt to go to 4 of the 5 he forwarded to me. Of the 4, 1 was VERY receptive, 2 were receptive to donating and only one seemed indifferent about it.

Also, last night I gave a second letter to the business I've talked to before. One gave me some certificates for the prize pool. I hope to get the rest in teh next two weeks.

I still need you help folks.

Our goal is $400-500, but anything is appreciated! Remember this is going 100% to Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh.

-Sal

22. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    So what exactly is the plan for the contests? What are the 'rules'? Is Loews going to post them before hand so folks arriving know what to expect? Where are the contests going to take place exactly inside of Loews (downstairs lobby? upstairs in the buffet area? in one of the hallways leading to the theater areas?)? Who is going to be working which contest and what exactly are they going to be doing? How will the costume contest be judged? How do folks enter the costume contest? When will the judging take place? What are the prizes and when will the winners be announced? How will the trivia contest be run? Will folks sign up before hand or will it be the first X number of folks that arrive wherever its being held? Who is going to have the questions ready?

I am willing to help as in I show up that evening and I'm given a specific task (as in, 'go stand over there and do this') However, I can't donate much more time to it than that.

23. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    Your task will be to guard a doorway. ;)

For the costume contest, I think that Loews wants to hold it inside of the auditotium. The problem is that there might be people with costumes from one of the other midnight showings, so I am not sure how to handle that.

Also, apparently the other midshowing will be getting the buffet as well, so we could be looking at almost 1000 people getting the buffet in that very small club area. Sounds like CIII to me!

24. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    So what exactly is the plan for the contests?
    Read below and all should be revealed

What are the 'rules'?
    Same answer as above

Is Loews going to post them before hand so folks arriving know what to expect?
    If you mean any rules or how the contests are being run, I will supply them with flyers detailing that for them to post throughout the main lobby area.

Where are the contests going to take place exactly inside of Loews (downstairs lobby? upstairs in the buffet area? in one of the hallways leading to the theater areas?)?
    The contests will be held in the theater that has the 12:01 showing, at the front of the audience. I asked about a microphone and the theater is working on that for us.

Who is going to be working which contest and what exactly are they going to be doing?
    I will hold the trivia contest. Simple enough I will be asking the questions. As to who is going to run the costume contest, I need a volunteer, but since this is a "primo" job, that person volunteering MUST have gotten at least one business to sign up for the prize pool/charity. This is only fair as those persons have put in the extra work. Right now besides myself, that's Dan. If he doesn't want to run the costume contest then the next person who is able to get a business to donate may run it if they so choose. If we have no takers, then I'll ask for a volunteer again and pick from there. If everybody is able to get at least 1 or 2 businesses to donate, not only will we reach our goal, but you all will be eligible to run the costume contest. As to what that person will do, they will assemble the contestants and the voting will be done by the audience. a basic hand over the head of the contestant will do, and hopefully it will be clear who wins. If not we'll have a run-off, til we have a clear winner.

There will be a 16 contestant limit to the trivia game and up to 16 for the costume contest. (We can't take too much time and we want to make sure the movie starts on time.)

How will the costume contest be judged?
    By the audience

How do folks enter the costume contest?
    The person who is running the contest will be at the front of the box offices and will ask those in costume if they would like to participate. If we (SWAP members) see folks in costume, you should politely approach them and ask if they'd like to participate in the contest. (Keeping in mind that we will only have 16 spots at most.)

When will the judging take place?
    Depending on how faast the trivia contest runs, the costume contet will be right after that and judging will commence immediately. The theater should be opening at about 11pm. We will need to get inside to get into position and assemble our repsective contestants for both contests.

What are the prizes and when will the winners be announced?
    Prizes have not yet fully be gathered. This is where I need the most help. Please either try to get a busines you frequent to donate, or if you can (only if you can-it's not mandatory) donate a figure or small book. (Star Wars related of course). Winners will be announced immediately and will pick up their prizes either at guest sevices, or will have to see me, immediately after the movie. I'll have that ironed out by the premiere.

How will the trivia contest be run?
    There will be 16 contestants. I'll have them form two lines, so that they are paired up against each other. They will be asked a question, the first to answer correctly moves on to the next round (sudden death). The round of 8 and 4 will run the same way. When we get to the last 2 people, they will each be asked 3 different questions. Whomever has the most right wins. In the event of a tie, it will go to sudden death, just like the previous three rounds.

Will folks sign up before hand or will it be the first X number of folks that arrive wherever its being held?
    Folks will have to sign up, and that will be at the box office (see above).

Who is going to have the questions ready?
    Since I'm runnin

25. Fluke_Groundrunner

Jun 1, 2001
    We could also hold a raffle with a small donation to Children's Hospital (like one or two dollars) to receive a ticket.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.