***Official ROTS Premiere and planning thread!***

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh, PA' started by jedi_master_sal, Apr 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    In order to be totally fair I have to offer the extra ticket in the order I was asked for one.

The first person to ask for another ticket was Josh for his friend who works at Jahinie's. If that person still needs the ticket then it goes to him.

The second person to ask for a ticket was zero, so if Josh's friend doesn't want the ticket then the offer goes to zero.

Agreement on a ticket mean that you (not the person who wants the ticket) are repsonsible for paying Jose $25.
  2. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    Sal, once again, thanks for all the work you've done organizing and planning this event. It looks like you've got everything in hand.

Allie hasn't read the PM's I sent her. I think she's out of town, so that may be why we haven't heard from her.

Do you want us to wear the badges you made for us to identify us as SWAP? I was planning to pin mine to my robe.
  3. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    I believe that everyone that is volunteering that night has their badges (except Josh, I still have your's).

Those not volunteering do not need to wear their badge, but I do ask that those who volunteering wear them.

Thank you for the kind words Bonnie.
  4. Chris-Stacina_Rajinn Jedi Master

star 4
    If there are still any spare tickets floating around, I'm interested in them as well. Well, actually Liz is, but whatever.

Also, are there any positions left to fill? If so, I'll help with something, if not, then....I'm quitting SWAP and dominating the trivia contest ;)

Mwahahahahaha!

Then again, not likely...*sigh*

5. Earthbound_Misfit Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey Bonnie,

Your costume for the premier looks great!

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/entertainment/movies/reviews/s_334027.html

I think they mighta got the name of the group a little
    mixed up, but a good pic nevertheless.

Caption reads...

"Bonnie Humphrey -- a member of the Pittsburgh Star Wars Association, dresses as the jedi Luminara at her home in New Castle. She'll don the homemade costume for the premiere of "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith."

'... Jedi dont carry purses ... ' - LOL. That cracks
    me up.

Good article Bon

-EBM
  6. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Neat article, Bonnie! You're famous. :D
  7. keisman Jedi Padawan

Hey Guys, i thought I'd post this one last time before i take them back. I have 4 extra tickets for the 12:10am showing of ROTS at the Lowe's theatre down at the waterfront. If you are interested, Email me off list at keisman@gmail.com. Price is face value ($9).

Thanks,
    keisman
  8. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wow! Its almost here! How exciting! And the plans that Sal, Dan and Zero put together for the events look great! You guys really put alot of work into this.

Just a few more days. Can't wait. :D
  9. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Josh and Zero, please let me know if you are interested in that extra ticket... if not then Stacie can have it.
  10. Semblance Jedi Master

star 4
    FYI, it looks like the 12:40 AM showing has now sold out. :)

EDIT:
    And now they have added a 12:50 showing! :D

http://www.fandango.com/TheaterPage.aspx?date=5/18/2005&location=15120&tid=AAOSA
  11. jangofett219 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Can I get a summary of the premier instead of reading the last 4 pages?

-What time to be there
    -Where to meet
    -Special Features
    -Power Windows
    -6 year powertrain warranty
  12. MetalliJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    -What time to be there 9:00 pm
    -Where to meet back side of the theater,the side w/ the smokestacks outside.
    -Special Features Buffet Seeing us seeing the movie w/ a buch of other big fans
    -Power Windows not offered
    -6 year powertrain warranty not offered either

Also I'm interested in one of those tickets who do I need to contact?
  13. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Josh, call me soon if your friend from Jahine's will take the ticket. It must be for him as that was the original request. Just let me know.
  14. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Update on Charity/Prize pool:

Charity: $45
    Breakdown:
    $20-Employees of Suncoast
    $20 Private contribution
    $5 Private contribution

Prize pool:
    Recieved:
    Media Play- $30 in Gift certificates (3 certificates at $10 each)
    Suncoast -$10 Gift Card
    Red Robin (Gourmet Burgers) $20 Gift card
    Dick's Sporting Goods-$15 in Gift Certificates (3 certificates at $5 each)
    Arby's-4 Free Meal Gift certificates (Approx value of each $7)
    and the biggest prize donation...the IMPROV-$100 in VIP guest passes (4 passes valued at $25 each) WOW!

Total recieved in prize pool: $202

Pledged prizes/certificates/cards:
    C3 Darth Vader action figure-Brian
    Mini Darth Vader Saber-Zero
    Mini Darth Sidious Saber-Zero
    SW DVD Trivial Pursuit-Zero
    Jedi Beach Towel/Bag-Chris
    Damons-$10 gift certificate
    Eat-N-Park (Waterfront)-$10 gift card
    Hot Topic $25
    Stacie-Star Wars game of "Life"

Pledged total approx value: $142

Also, Zero will work on a few more Eat-N-Parks for $10 gift cards from them as well. As well, he might be able to get a SW t-shirt or so from Hot Topic.

We are still in need of donations for Children's Hospital. If you yourself can donate anything at all that would be very much appreciated, Not just by me, but those kids who will benefit from your donations. Every bit counts and every bit does help.

For those who have pledged bringing items. Please repost here in this thread what you will be bringing to the premiere for the prize pool no later than tomorrow (Tuesday) by 7pm.

I'm going to portion out the prizes and gift certificates then. it would be helpful to know exactly what we will have. And I want to be prepared and have the prizes ready to go for the contests so there is no last minute scrambling. (Hmm though I like scrambled eggs, but that's a topic better suited for the random thoughts thread...ha ha)

Thanks again for those who have helped, will help, and those donating prizes. For all intents and purposes, it looks like this will be a successful night for SWAP.

What I mean by that is not only will we pull off the contests, but they will be well manned, have lots of prizes and we came together for this huge event. It is my hopes that the group garners some more members from this, but even if not, I think it's safe to say that those who have helped in anyway for this event have shown their dedication to the group in one way or another.

My sincerest thanks to you all!

-Sal
  15. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Still bringing the CIII Vader...

Unsure why needed to repost but did it anyway,
    Yours Truly

P.S. And I might throw some bucks at the charity.
  16. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
  17. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Brian-just call it the "retentative" nature within me that is making sure that everyone brings what was pledged as well as giving any last minute changes. (IE, something happened to the thing someone was going to bring and now they can't bring it)

Basically, I want to be squared away with the prize pool. Maybe someone has pledged something and now they don't want to give it away. This is just a way to give them an "out" if needed.
  18. Hidai Jedi Knight

I can give 10 dlls to the charity pool.

And I forgot to said the last time that I am willing to help at whatever it's needed at the event.

An important question:

Can we still bring our cameras? I know that theaters do not allow any kind of recording device *inside* the screening room. And if the contests are going to be there, wouldn't be a problem?

Only two days!!!

jose
  19. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't think it should eb too much of a problem. I know we plan on bringing the video recorder. Even if we just get the contests, then I'd be glad to put it away. I'm going to try. (yea, yea, I know, do or do not, there is no try) I think Lisa from Loews we are on the up ad up and wouldn't jeopardize our event by videoing the movie. I just want to capture the contests on film.

(I guess we'll find out that night)

-Sal
  20. Mos_Eisley_Max Jedi Padawan

Greeting exhalted one(s)!

Mos_Eisley_Max here.

I will be part of a group of 9 from Butler, your neighbor to the north, attending the 12:01 Premier Party at the Loews Waterfront Cineplex early Thurday morning.

After I secured the tickets for the group and knew which show we were going to, I discovered this thread while checking out the Pittsburgh FanForce boards on TF.N.

I have been checking in for the last few weeks and watching the plans for the party take shape. On behalf of my group, I want to thank you for putting all this effort into making this great event even more memorable for us and the other guests that night. j_m_sal, you deserve a special thanks for spearheading the whole project. And Loews deserves a big honorable mention for their willingness to work with SWAP.

I am also spreading the word in our group to be on the lookout for a chance to donate to the charity while we are there.

Great job! Thanks again! And we look forward to seeing you less than 48 hours from now.
  21. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks Max. We look forward to meeting you and your group. Is the group ust friends/family of yours or is it a Star Wars fan group? Just curious. Either way it wil be nice to meet you. If it's a Star War group, then perhaps our two groups could get together sometime beyond the movies for some type of outing.

Anyway, glad you found our message board and have fun at the premiere...in just under 40 hours from now...

-Sal
  22. ben_ethus Jedi Master

star 4
    Greetings, blokes.

Max... Cool. We'll look forward to meeting you at the show. Glad you decided to stop by and say, "Hi." :)

Can't wait for tomorrow's show,
    Yours Truly
  23. Mos_Eisley_Max Jedi Padawan

Sal-

Just a group of friends. Not an organized fan group or anything.

I am considering membership in SWAP and will encourage those in my group when we are there tomorrow night.
  24. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, if it's Star Wars you want then this is the group to join, Max.

SWAP is a well rounded group of fans.

We take everyone.

On another note, Andy (dlocke), has donated the following to the prize pool:
    EP III Soundtrack (approx value-$15)
    Vader's medical droid figure (value-$6)
    Darth Tater (value-$9)

That's $30 in prizes!

Thanks Andy!

I'll be updating the prize pool list shortly and will show the breakdwon of those lists, per winner/place. Also, I have something special planned for the audience in general. It's an idea that was hatched by Dan (Fluke) and I added upon it.

You'll just have to see for yourselves on that one.

-Sal
  25. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    Max, greetings from your neighbor to the north - live in New Castle, work in Portersville.

We would be honored if you would join us. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.