main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL* ROTS Teaser Trailer Thread (open to all LFL info)

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Captain_Typho, Nov 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    A flashback? Since when do we have flashbacks in Star Wars? I'm quite sure it is current, and I didn't really notice any aging problems.

2. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
    I nearly stained my drawers after seeing this trailer...Ye GODS ITS AMAZING!!!

3. Darth Trypsin

Darth Trypsin Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2000
    comingsoon.net has the trailer hosted as real media file. Beware the darkside lurks there. I went to the Episode 3 area, and they have a very revealing spoiler photo with captions. Damn you captions.

4. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    Ahh...photos, captions... the dark side of the force are they.

5. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    When you add up the trailer and the last couple of web docs, it looks like Palps will have at least two duels. In one of the web docs you can see a stunt double wearing a Palpatine costume and holding a saber, in his office. Then in the trailer we see him fighting with his Sidious attire somewhere else.

I'm going to speculate that the duel in his office with Mace happens while he is still hiding as the Chancellor. Mace calls him out on it, and they fight. Then the other duel from the trailer clearly takes place in some location other than his office, based on the background you can see. Perhaps this is Yoda? Or maybe even Obi-Wan?

Maybe when Anakin falls into the lava Obi-Wan tries to save him and Sidious is there to scare Kenobi away. Obi-Wan, realizing he is completely overmatched by Sidious, flees and abandons Kenobi. Then when Vader is being constructed, Sidious can tell him that Kenobi left him to die.

6. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    WELL, when I first saw this trailer, I thought it was AWESOME!!!!!!

Although-the ONLY thing that got to me was that it seemed to show rather freely some things I CONSIDERED to be spoilers. Like the whole Sidious duelling with a lightsaber thing...and now there is NO questioning-we see Yoda use his lightsaber again...I don't know...I kinda felt it showed a BIT too much for a TEASER trailer...especially for the FIRST trailer. I mean, for TPM and AOTC, their teasers were not NEARLY as revealing as this one...

BUT I suppose whether we see THIS trailer now, or even more stuff come March, it really doesn't make too much difference... And something tells me-if LFL is willing to show THIS much for a TEASER trailer, they didn't consider THOSE things to be much of SPOILERS... it makes me WONDER what REAL surprises there are in store... :)

7. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Actually, I agree on the amount they revealed in the TEASER trailer.

I sure hope we get the extra large verison on HS tomorrow. :D

I'm not terribly surprised at either Sidious or Yoda using a saber in ROTS.

If Yoda used one in AOTC, then there's no way he wouldn't use one in ROTS, when things are at their darkest.

It seems that no one wanted to wait to see a "review" of the trailer before deciding to watch it...not that I blame anyone. [face_laugh]

But I have a feeling, based on what usually occurs for movie trailers, that they will get more and more revealing the closer to May 2005.

8. Darth Trypsin

Darth Trypsin Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2000
    General OS users can now download the Trailer, but us HS (PAYING MEMBERS!!!!) Still don't have our XL version, This is complete and utter BS.

9. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Okay, so you've watched the trailer in the large version how many times? [face_laugh]

I'm sure we'll get it within the next 48 hours - and it will be worth it.

10. Crow_T_Robot

Crow_T_Robot Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 2002
    After seeing what the OS onsiders the "medium" version, I'd hate to see a "small version."

11. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    IIRC, it was about the same for AOTC, wasn't it?

12. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    From the other trailer thread:

any ideas as to who the wrinkly face guy who looks like "sly moore"-esque is ?

That's Tion Medon, a "helpful alien" administrator on a planet Obi-Wan visits.

13. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    I was just reading the last Insider, and I read something old that caught my eye. McCallum indicates that Mace is the pivotal point that starts to turn Anakin into Vader. He also says that the scene hasn't been filmed.

Well, I think in the pick-ups, Mace filmed some fight scenes in the Chancellor's office. So, it might be that Anakin and Mace duel in the Chancellor's office. Perhaps it is Anakin and Sidious vs Mace. Maybe THIS is the recreation of the throne room duel, not the scene at the beginning with Dooku. It could be that Anakin doesn't kill Dooku in cold blood, but does kill Mace in cold blood.

14. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Yeah, you know I've always been one who said that Anakin should kill Mace because it makes sense in terms of symbolism. It works the same for Sidious though.

Perhaps this is when Anakin makes the first deliberate step towards the Dark Side - after all, this isn't really an enemy, is it? One of the Jedi Council leaders.

It will be interesting to see how exactly Sidious convinces Anakin - if you think about it, Anakin should be able to realize that Sidious has been responsible for the attack on Naboo and Qui-Gon Jinn's death, the assassination attempts on Padme, and plunging the galaxy into civil war.

15. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    When you add up the trailer and the last couple of web docs, it looks like Palps will have at least two duels. In one of the web docs you can see a stunt double wearing a Palpatine costume and holding a saber, in his office. Then in the trailer we see him fighting with his Sidious attire somewhere else.

What if it's like the ESB duel and it moves over multiple sets? I know that would be sort of weird, especially since Palpatine might not want to go wandering out of his office in Sidious get-up where anyone can see him, but it could happen.

16. origjedi

origjedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2001
    Very awesome trailer! The ships were very cool, Wookies were cool, and most of the main characters had great scenes! Very exciting!

Some views:
    1) I THINK that it will be Anakin versus Yoda AND Mace in Palpatine's room! I think this because I can't see GG or Dooku being in Palpatine's room (far too busy doing other things). But I think Yoda will arrive AFTER Anakin finishes off Mace! Kind of like when OB1 is trying to get to Qui-Gon to help him against Maul but gets to them too late. Dooku would be my second guess, but I really don't think so.

2) Anakin's "yellow eyes" scene looks to me he is setting someone up. He looks to me like he is leading someone somewhere and then turns around slowly to get ready for the kill. I think he was still wearing a brown Jedi cloak.

3) I think the same about Sidious. He has a brown Jedi cloak on but is obviously is taking somebody out (not to dinner, either).

Makes me wonder. Can Sidious change his appearance? Can he change his features to look like Palpatine but in reality is really the Sidious we see in the trailer? Maybe like the changeling that was in AOTC, he learned some "techniques" somehow to change his appearance by concentrating AND using the dark side? Hmmmmm....

17. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    I don't think Mace fights Anakin. Remember the call sheet on the last webdoc? You have to go frame by frame to read it.

The description of this scene that you can read is "...LLOR Mace fight", and underneath is "shields his eyes against the lightning". The section underneath that says "To where Palpatine changes to". The "LLOR" definitely looks like the end of "Chancellor", and if that's the case, it looks like Mace fights Palpatine. It cuts to Anakin sitting alone in the Jedi Council Chamber during this. Then it cuts to Utapau and then back to: "Mace fights" right below something involving Sidious.

Other circumstantial evidence:

"Mace Windu will not fight/die alone but he will last the longest." -PH
    So who else is there, other Jedi? Would Anakin be ready to reveal himself as all out evil to everyone at this point? Maybe the fight scene in Palpatine's office is not the one he dies in.

Back during the webcam days, there seemed to be allusions to Mace fighting someone GGI, someone and their guards.

18. origjedi

origjedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2001
    I also feel that Anakin will turn to the darkside BEOFRE he becomes Vader. I don't know if this statement is "common knowledge", but it seems to me that Anakin walking around in his Jedi robe but with his evil "yellow eyes", he must already be part of the darkside before he becomes Darth Vader. Before, I always assumed (and tell me if I'm the only one) that Anakin turned to the darkside WHEN he becomes Darth Vader, not before. That's what I'm getting, anyway.

19. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Anakin turned to the darkside WHEN he becomes Darth Vader, not before

I have said this before, and I will say it again:

Vader =/= Suit

Anakin becomes Vader when follows the way of the darkside, when he lets hate and fear guide him. It is an emotional transformation, and not a physical one.

20. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    I think he will use the dark side before but I don't necessarily think he will "be evil" until the suit. And I seriously doubt Anakin is just walking around town with those scary eyes. He doesn't have them in any other shot, and more telling, he doesn't have them in the duel. It's probably just a momentary thing... when he first becomes enraged and draws strength from the dark side. Something like that.

21. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Looked like Mace was going with his "posse" to confront somebody.

Pablo said the Dark Horse comics give us a clue.

In the SW:Republic series, Mace takes Agen Kolar, Kit Fisto, and Saesee Tinn to kick some bounty hunter butt.

We saw the same characters on the webcam. That scene is soooooo going to rule.

22. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Throw Plo Koon in there and it would ice the cake for me

23. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Kit Fisto is supposed to go out like a punk... hmmm.. perhaps he's part of it.

24. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    I don't think Mace fights Anakin. Remember the call sheet on the last webdoc?

I think you're basing that off a tiny snippet which reveals little of the events which surround Sidious v Mace.
    Though even I'm not sure, if Anakin were to be in the Chancellor's office, how he'd be apart....though I suppose its for certain if he's there he'll choose Sidious' side over Mace.

25. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Like I said it's circumstantial... but it does appear that while Mace fights someone (who seems like they might be Palpatine), Anakin is in a totally different place. Maybe it's not the fight Mace dies in, maybe the sheet is out of order. Who knows. But regardless, I've always had serious doubts about Anakin killing Mace. *shrug*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.