main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*OFFICIAL* ROTS Teaser Trailer Thread (open to all LFL info)

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Captain_Typho, Nov 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Just saw the extra-large trailer.

Hadn't noticed there are FOUR crabs, not two.

When Anakin starts choking Obi-Wan, it looks like they're on top of the table in the same room where Anakin turns with his freaky Sith eyes. I think it's the same as the BTH "Spring Cleaning" with Anakin, and the same room was possibly seen in the webcam with The Duel being fought on the table top, and in one of the webdocs.

Also, Anakin's fighter looks like a TIE fighter, but it looks like Obi-Wan's fighter is still basically the same Jedi Starfighter, although it's hard to tell for sure.

I'll have to check some of the BTHS to see if Obi-Wan's starfighter has the same "TIE" capabilities - or do the Insider pics shed any light?

2. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    I think it's the same as the BTH "Spring Cleaning" with Anakin, and the same room was possibly seen in the webcam with The Duel being fought on the table top, and in one of the webdocs.

It is the same. It's in a CIS conference room. In "Spring Cleaning" he's clearing the room... of droids I believe... interesting. Do we know what planet this room is on? There definitely seemed to be red-gelled lights outside the "windows" in the webcam, and also mentioned in the webdocs.

3. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I was looking at the big size trailer, and wondering a couple of things:

When Mace is shown holding the saber above his head, he appears to be looking at someone of equal or greater height based on his eyeline. Someone with a black shoulder. Palpatine is shorter, so could this be Vader, perhaps just Anakin?

Also, I'm wondering if maybe the ship shown burning and being put out by firefighter ships could be Grievous' flagship? With the rotating sets and all perhaps after the opening saber duel the ship crashes on the surface.

4. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    When Mace is shown holding the saber above his head, he appears to be looking at someone of equal or greater height based on his eyeline. Someone with a black shoulder. Palpatine is shorter, so could this be Vader, perhaps just Anakin?
    I think that's Anakin, because the shoulder looks just the right height and, I might be imagining, but.. I think I see the folds of his outer cloak there.

5. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003

Yeah, but there could be a lot of reasons for that. The most obvious is that he's looking at the lightsaber, which at that point, is on an upward swing. It would be impossible to say what person it is... Anakin, Palpatine or Grevious (who also uses lightsabers, it's possible he aquired a red one).

And about the cloak, I've just watched it several times, frame by frame and there isn't anything but the movement of Mace's sleeve. There's nothing in the direction of where a person would be using a lightsaber at that angle. And even if there was, it could be Palpsidious'.

6. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    Also, I'm wondering if maybe the ship shown burning and being put out by firefighter ships could be Grievous' flagship? With the rotating sets and all perhaps after the opening saber duel the ship crashes on the surface.

I think so. It sure sounds like Grievious' ship will be crashing or breaking up in the movie, and that ship looks like part of the CIS fleet, not the Republic's.

I'll have to check some of the BTHS to see if Obi-Wan's starfighter has the same "TIE" capabilities - or do the Insider pics shed any light?

If you look at the BTH from Sep 16th, you see a picture of "Anakin's wingman" in a TIE Jedi Starfighter. I'm pretty sure that's Obi-Wan.

7. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999

You know, I hate to see this, but my first thought was it could be Dooku.

8. Darth Trypsin

Darth Trypsin Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2000
    You know, I hate to see this, but my first thought was it could be Dooku

I was thinking that too. Anybody else notice a spire breaking off from one of the city towers at 1:22. I'm not good with my land marks, but could that be the Jedi Council roof (above the burning ship, to the left of the fire-fighting ship).

9. darthpigskin

darthpigskin Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2001
    2 things...

1. Why would they be trying to save Grevious' ship from burning?

2. To the last post, the spires in the distance are a teeeny bit to far away to see in that shot. Hmmm. That's some tasty thinking though.

10. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Perhaps they are trying to save the burning ship because:

a) if it keeps burning it will cause damage to the planet

b) the Chancellor and two Jedi are trapped inside

11. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    I can almost guarentee that it isn't Dooku. He will be dead long before the Mace fight happens. There's definitely circumstantial OS information to back that up. Including:

"Count Dooku's Ep3 role is brief."- OS

And considering he's alive at the beginning, one assumes he dies early- like the opening space battle, at Anakin's hand.

12. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Have to agree with that. It is most likely Anakin or Vader, he looks too tall to be Palpatine.

13. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I'm not sure that can be Anakin. Notice that the lightsaber is red in that scene, and Anakin is still using a blue saber during The Duel. Would Anakin really hop right out of that lava, get into the suit, and be back to fighting Jedi that quickly? The Duel probably has to be close to the end of the movie.

14. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Exactly Mara.

15. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Well unless he is standing on a crate, it also can not be Palpatine.

Besides...you are talking about the second Mace clip. In the first Mace clip there is no red saber. Also, though many assume Vader will not fight, it is not out of the question that Mace survives until the end of the film and is killed by Darth Vader.

16. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    People, he can be looking at the saber itself. Even if it's Palpatine, he can be swinging his saber over his head, and Mace is watching it. We really can't tell anything from that photo other than there's a red saber and he seems to be in Palpy's office.

17. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Are we not seeing the large figure standing right at the front of the frame, on the left edge? It is most likely a person's shoulder and this person is quite large. Mace is definitely not looking at his saber, he is glaring at his opponent. This is the shot right after Padme looks at Obi-Wan with complete panic on her face.

18. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    I was talking about the other clip.

And I do see the "shoulder"... but I don't think you can really make an accurate claim about the height of his opponent, and especially rule anyone out, in a 2 second clip.

19. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Agreed. And let's end the debate there.

It's indeterminate, although it "appears" to be someone tall. [face_laugh]

I have to say, I REALLY love that shot of Mace - so cool, so calm, raising his saber above his head.

20. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    I wonder if perhaps that is his final moment, before he becomes one with the Force. If so, very cool. In a very small way, it reminds me of Ben raising his saber for the last time before Vader killed him.

21. classixboy

classixboy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    except that Ol' Ben was raising his 'saber in peaceful surrender. Mace looks like he's going out in a blaze of glory. I don't see any serene surrender in his expression. He's going for full-on attack.

22. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Some people were complaining about SLJ's lack of finesse in his lightsaber technique after AOTC - I of course loved it.

But have you ever seen anybody (besides Vader) look as cool with a lightsaber as Mace does in that one shot?

23. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Hey, I just noticed something cool in the OT DVD short 'The Return of Darth Vader.' There is a brief clip of Sidious and Vader standing next to each other. Well, when I watched it this time, I realized they aren't STANDING next to each other...I saw Vader's tiny girlie hand clamped up next to him, and realized he is on the "Rise Lord Vader" operating table, fully elevated. So after he rises up, it looks like Palpatine comes over to talk to him, while he is still locked on the table.

Which caused my brother to come up with an interesting point...what if he is still Anakin at this point, and resisting the control of Palpatine? That would explain why he is pinned down in such a strange position.

We often debate whether or not Darth Vader can exist prior to the suit...but how cool would it be if Anakin Skywalker still existed while he was wearing the suit.

24. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    Now you're speaking my language storm. ;)

I'll hazard a guess here... Anakin fights Obi-Wan with a blue saber, so obviously he's not all Sithly yet. Dark and evil? Possibly, but not yet a Sith. He fights Obi-Wan and falls into the lava, Sidious rescues him. Now he's trapped in the suit and really pissed off. Sidious gives him this: I saved your life, Obi-Wan didn't, the Jedi abandoned you, killed your wife, you can be all powerful, we can bring order to the Galaxy... blah, blah, blah.. did I mention I brought you back to life? So he keeps Ani-Vader strapped down until he's absolutely sure that he'll join him as a Dark Lord of the Sith.

Just a thought. :p

25. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    What about all the horrible things Anakin is supposed to do in ROTS?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.