*Official* ROTS Theatrical Trailer Thread (trailer discussion ONLY)

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Mace Windy, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hatter Jedi Master

star 4
    I know I just said that I wasn't going to watch the trailer, but... I had to.

My god, it was so beautiful. THIS is what the prequels are all about. When we first started to really speculate about them, around 1997, THIS is what we thought we'd see. This is it. It's the end of Star Wars. The birth of Darth Vader. The purge of the Jedi. What an air of finality...

I've watched it twice, and I have to stop there.
    But my god, ROTS has jumped back up to my #1 most anticipated film this year.
  2. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    What was ahead of it?[face_laugh]

That's a good point that the trailer gave us unfamiliar angles of some familiar places.

Palpatine's office is far more extensive than we first thought.

The Senate Chamber is now a giant game of marbles.

Lucas has really shown off some cool shots in general in the trailer, as I mentioned before.

You gotta love the "lightning cam" shot flying into Yoda.

The shot where Obi-Wan jumps backwards onto the pipe is cool becau the camera kind of "swings", giving the viewer a sense of vertigo *something* like what Obi-Wan would be feeling.[face_thinking]
  3. Blackout Force Ghost

star 4
    The shot of Anakin leading troopers toward the Temple is just awesome, and Aayla & Ki-Adi being turned on is fantastic.

DarthTerrious, can I have a copy of the trailer you've got? The one where you see Aayla being turned on? [face_love] -oh, hang on... family forum...

yeah, you're right DT, it's very good isn't it? [face_whistling]

//goes back to dreaming

{||||| ?||} ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  4. openmind Jedi Master

star 4
    The Senate Chamber is now a giant game of marbles.

Well besides that, we can see from the ground looking up. :cool:
  5. Ghost_Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    Its funny I just showed my brother-in-law, and about half way through he goes, wow, this in intense!

At the end, all he could say was, nice and was in awe.
  6. marajadebean Jedi Knight

star 2
    There will always be critics because some had their views as to how the PT would play out. But like George has said, these are his movies, not other people's.

A lot of you have echoed what I have thought about the trailer, like the breathing at the end of the trailer, etc. I don't think it really spoiled me at all. I pretty much have gathered the basic outline of this movie, what has and must happen but I don't want to know the details. This trailer did not answer those details. These pictures have always been visual in scope and no trailer that LFL puts out can ever spoil a Star Wars movie. Surely, it whets the appetite but we have seen only a hint of what's to come on May 19th.

I cannot wait and this is an awesome trailer, though I think different in style. I can't quite place my finger on it but it is different and probably meant to be so just because of the overall tone of the film. It's supposed to be foreboding, choatic, and tragic.
  7. Akumz_Razor Force Ghost

star 4
    Its funny I just showed my brother-in-law, and about half way through he goes, wow, this in intense!

A friend of mine did the exact same thing :D
  8. Shiro Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well from what I saw of the trailer. Its looks like Yodas going to fight Sidious(aka Emperor Palpy) which gets me more and more excited to see this film. :)
  9. obi1jedinite Force Ghost

star 2
    ok this isnt really a big deal but its been kinda bugging me for a while. everyone says the first scene from the trailer (not from a jedi...) takes place in the theater. ok but if this is true, why is anakin sitting at palpy's left when later on we clearly see anakin walk into the theater and sit down at palpy's right side? could that first scene be from somewhere else in the movie or am i missing something?
  10. Ghost_Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    The reasons people like myself think it is in the theatre is in the lighting. It looks like the orbs are reflecting on both AnaVader and Palps. But there placement does give me doubts.

I guess we will just have to wait to May 19th to find out.
  11. stormcloud8 Force Ghost

star 4
    Actually, I do believe it is in his office. Check out the small light behind Palpatine, you don't see it in the theater set. And the wall on the side of Palps is too short in the theater box to match the other scene. Also, the reflected and changing lights could be from the sky traffic reflecting into the office.

Another thing...as far as the clones turning on the Jedi, it was a cool edit in the trailer, but I'm not convinced that they didn't splice the scenes out of sequence for effect. I wouldn't be surprised if it actually happens differently in the film.
  12. Darth_Zoo Jedi Master

star 4
    I showed my sister the trailer who is a casual fan (doesn't know much about SW but watches it)

She was thrilled and says the title should be called
    The Passion of the Jedi.
  13. Winston_Sith Force Ghost

star 4
    ::::That's because ***** is in it. About halfway in, he duels Anakin while Palpatine is ********************.

Hey! Is that NOT a SPOILER?

And that's NOT in the trailer!!!
  14. obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Master

star 4
    It could be possible that Anakin and Palpatine move to a more private area of the theater to talk. That would explain both the glow and seat changes.
  15. Darth_Michael Jedi Master

star 2
    I don't know if that's been discussed before, but lately I got the feeling that Mace's "I don't think the boy can handle it", and "I don't trust him" aren't both directed toward Anakin. I believe that the trust line is in fact directed towards the Chancellor.

It would put an even more tragic point of view to the whole mess. Anakin thinks that he isn't trusted because he isn't granted the rank of master, while in reality he is jsut not ready yet, not mature enough. But through his own mistrust of his fellow Jedis, his own insecurity, he turns even more towards Palpatine for guarianship and family.
  16. openmind Jedi Master

star 4
    I just realized the music from the beginning scenes of the trailer is from ESB. Interesting. Thought it was something new.
  17. Ghost_Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah I realized upon re-watching tesb, that the music, the slow string like teas of the imperial march, is from the luke/vader duel when they are in the carbon freezing chamber.
  18. Winston_Sith Force Ghost

star 4
    OK, then what's that percussion thing going on during the collage sequence?
  19. Winston_Sith Force Ghost

star 4
    :::To clarify what I mean, just because you have the power to do something, doesn't mean you should use it. Anakin, like Victor Frankenstein will probably learn this the hard way, even if he has good intentions.

And he actually BECOMES the monster.

*Basks in glory at having imagined the first incarnation of the "Vader/Frankenstein" theory, waaaaayy back Circa. 2002.*

I RULE!
  20. openmind Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah I realized upon re-watching tesb, that the music, the slow string like teas of the imperial march, is from the luke/vader duel when they are in the carbon freezing chamber.

Oh. I'll take you word for it.

Actually I was also pointing out the sounds a second (or two) when the Senate building is in view. That music is the same just before Luke is seen hanging in the Wampa cave;just outside in the blizzard when the camera focuses on it. Chilling!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.