main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official* ROTS Theatrical Trailer Thread (trailer discussion ONLY)

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Mace Windy, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    i still haven't decided if i'm gonna watch it again.
    ah it was sooo good!!!

2. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    I can't find where it will be on AOL. Moviephone says nothing.

3. muymaul

muymaul Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 24, 1999
    I can't believe that I am even more excited to see the movie. Obi-Wan's line was one of the best. The one thing I felt after seeing the trailer is that this is really going to be a fast-paced movie given all that needs to be covered in just over two hours.

4. SadLittleMan

SadLittleMan Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2005
    LFL has asked us not to let anyone post links to the trailer or ask for PMs or post images or anything like that. We obviously can't stop you from PM'ing each other, but please don't do it in the thread itself. Thanks, G_M.

5. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    HOLY CRAP. That was utterly awesome.

It would take too long to make comments on every single cool thing there (and nobody would care :p), so the main highlights:

Palpatine's line about achieveing a power greater than any Jedi (well, all his lines there, but that one stood out for me the most). Ian McDiarmid is awesome, and this is the first time we've really seen Palpatine get angry. And then he lunges at the Jedi - and the mild-mannered Supreme Chancellor becomes the epitome of evil.

The Senate fight. WOW. Seriously, that is mind-blowing. "Do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor", indeed.

The Jedi Temple burning. It's always been this untouchable tower, and now, it's the least safe place possible. The end of an era.

The clones turning evil. Suddenly, the Stormtrooper look becomes much more apparent.

Those beautiful new planets. I guess I can't name them in this thread or discuss specifics, but they look great.

If this is any indication, complaints about the acting should have no place. "You were the Chosen One!" - I heard this line in one of the leaked audio clips before the trailer release, and the emotion still came through. Props to Ewan.

And the star of the show, Anakin, caught between his friends Palpatine and Obi-Wan, forced to betray at least one of them. It should be very interesting seeing why he chooses the way he does (although that "What?" certainly indicates one reason why - the Jedi Council seem to have betrayed him first).

Oh, and this certainly looks like it will be the best-looking Star Wars movie.

Whats up with the lack of grevious in both trailers and the poster?

1:26, a shot of him going mano a mano with Obi-Wan. Not much, but there you have it. He looks pretty cool for that brief glimpse.

6. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Dec 26, 2001
    Holy crap.

All I can say right now.

7. JMax

JMax Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2003
    I was hoping for it to be darker, believe it or not, but it was a great trailer to view frame by frame.

Kudos to the trailer-editor for leaving out what pushes Anakin to become evil. That is where the darkness I crave will come from.

8. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Dec 26, 2001
    That is the must unknown thing about RotS, I think. I'm alos grateful it wasn't given.

I did see one shot of Grevious, but it was VERY brief.

9. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Hooooooooooly crap.

10. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
    Finally got meself a copy...can barely form coherent thoughts...

11. Shmi02

Shmi02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    Holy cow!! I didn't think it was possible to more excited than I already was. I was wrong-- the trailer was incredible. A bit too much synopsis, maybe, but wow-- I think the tone is going exactly where I imagined (I've been afraid Lucas was going to wimp out and make it too lighthearted). Cloak covered Anakin leading the troops-- Obi-Wan crying "You are the Chosen One"-- Palpatine with a light sabre-- wow!

It is so hard to get my mind around the fact in about two short months we will see the "birth" of Darth Vader. Incredible.

12. MyEternalRest

MyEternalRest Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 24, 2002
    I chose not to watch it... anyone mind telling me I'm better off?

13. Irish_Ghost

Irish_Ghost Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2005
    The way it ends, w/ VADER breathing

watches it again

yeah!! :D :D :D

Brilliant!

14. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    That was amazing.

15. Beowulf

May 28, 1999
    If you want to be spoiler free, don't see it. If you want a major burst of adrenaline, GO WATCH IT NOW!

16. Soothsayer

Soothsayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Looks like it is up on hyperspace.

Hopefully AOL will be up soon since I do not subscibe to hyperspace

17. Beowulf

May 28, 1999
    I have to say, I'm perplexed at why Bail Organa (the great Jimmy Smits) screams No!!!! It looks like it's the wrekage of a speeder or fighter he's clinging on to...

Any thoughts?

18. Darth_Banal

Darth_Banal Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 22, 2002
    :eek:

Just, :eek:

Can we say that subtlety is out the window now?

I'm trying not to overreact, but I have the feeling that ROTS is going to be better than TPM and AOTC combined.

19. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    After watching it, I immediately regretted it, but I know there's no way I would have avioded it for the next two months.

Nobody's mentioned the fact that there's no Dooku at all? Edited as this part of the post contained information the trailer-only folks wouldn't know

Lightsaber battle in the senate chamber. Unreal.

Interesting how Palps undergoes a definite transformation in his face at some point during the movie...I wonder why?

When the logo came up at the end my first thought was "No Vader?". I should have known. Is it just me or did he look...off? Almost looked CGI.

It gave away some things I would have preferred to remain secret, particularly the attempt to arrest Palpatine and the fight in the Jedi Council chamber. That line though "Are you threatening me?"(I believe). Unreal.

I wonder where Bail is in that brief shot.

Once my mom finishes watching The Apprentice im gonna watch the trailer again on my DVR and be utilizing the pause button frequently.

All in all, an unbeievable display.

20. Beowulf

May 28, 1999
    Dooku is there...watch the trailer again... You don't see his face, but you do see his lightsaber.

21. obi1jedinite

obi1jedinite Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    ive watched it several times now and vader is definitely not CGI.

i believe bail screams "get out!" not "no!"

and i would like to add that i think it was awesome what they put in AND what they left out. i agree that it was definitely spoilerific, but i love how they barely showed us THE DUEL. i mean we maybe see 5 or 6 seconds of the 10 minutes? what a teaser. i cant wait to see the whole thing!

22. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Hyperspace folks: Instructions on downloading the movie. I don't know if posting a direct link is OK (even though it can only be accessed by Hyperspace members, it still might not be allowed because it's circumventing their measures or whatever). View the page source of the containing window, and search for ".mov". You'll find a file ending in "...480_r_dl.mov". That file is just a dummy file used to stream the real movie, which is why it's so small if you try to download it. Remove the "r" to get "...480_dl.mov" (you can also find this address by opening up the small file in a text editor). Voila, there's your address. Save to your hard disk and enjoy as many times as you like.

Incidentally, this method can be used on all other Hyperspace videos.

23. Beowulf

May 28, 1999
    It sounds more like No than Get Out to me. I can't really tell if he's yelling Get Out though, cause his lips really aren't moving much...

24. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    I know Vader wasn't CGI it just almost looked that way to me. I was also pleased with the lack of footage of the duel. Also, from the line of dialogue we heard from Obi-Wan it seems they might have quite the conversation before fighting.

25. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Nobody's mentioned the fact that there's no Dooku at all?

That's because Dooku is in it. About halfway in, he duels Anakin while Palpatine is chained to the chair.

Oh, and does it look to anyone else like Palpatine is FORCE THROWING Senate pods at Yoda? Holy crap, that's awesome. Like Vader in ESB, only 100X.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.