main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official* ROTS Theatrical Trailer Thread (trailer discussion ONLY)

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Mace Windy, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Is it on the net yet? I was at work and didn't get to see it. And my family didn't tape it. :(

2. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    It's online for Hyperspace and I believe AOL folks.

3. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
    Officially yes, but there are unofficial places to find it.

"Are you threatening, Master Jedi?" is the second best line from the trailer. Obi-Wan's "You were the Chosen One" takes the cake on that though

4. SirKnightLord

SirKnightLord Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2001
    The Senate Room scene had me very confused at first because I couldn't tell what the heck was going on...just that it was in the Senate and bad things were occuring.

I really want to watch it over and over and over again but at the same time I want to watch it as little as possible to keep as much imagery fresh as possible. Conflicted....

So far I've seen it twice...

5. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    My favorite line was Obi-Wan:

"You were the chosen one!"

:_|

:D

6. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Remarkable.

The best overall prequel trailer, and a truly mesmerizing way to end things.

7. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    Looks like we are definitely going to see why Suit-Vader is in fact a far weaker Vader.

8. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    There will be plenty of Vader in this movie. Not all of it in the suit, though. :p

9. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
    He is more machine than man in the OT, somewhat. That's why he's not as powerful. He doesn't have the same connection to the Force being cybernetic as he did being a regular human.

10. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    UN-believable.

Even better than I had hoped.

"Not from a Jedi." Brilliant look and inflection.

I love the part of The Duel where they are fighting in a hallway, it totally looks right out of ESB.

The Clone Wars look INTENSE - THIS is what we've been waiting to see since Obi-Wan's line in ANH.

I agree that it looks like so much is happening, this movie is going to be hard to watch - I'll have to watch my cholesterol levels. [face_laugh]

Anyone else think the shot of the Jedi Temple burning is very 9-11ish? That's a beautiful, albeit sad, shot.

I was really impressed by all the different types of camera angles Lucas is using in ROTS.

I loved the "Sith lightning" cam, flying directly into poor Yoda.

The Senate battle looks even better than it had been described - I thought it could be dodgy if they didn't pull it off right.

I'll write more later, after a frame-by-frame.

Please do NOT solicit PMs in this thread. We can't stop you from PM'ing each other, but we've been asked by LFL not to allow even PM requests in the thread. I'm going to prune the thread in a bit.

11. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    I loved the "Sith lightning" cam, flying directly into poor Yoda.

That's something new for him (Lucas, that is). He's been something of a traditionalist with camera angles, and hasn't been too creative on his own (ESB is an exception, for obvious directing reasons).

I wonder if the success of LOTR and other films has gotten him to take his craft to a higher level.

Anyway, as I said before, great stuff.

Edit: Just watched it a third time, and it's gotten better with each viewing. Obi-Wan's anguished cry to Anakin ranks as one of the best lines of the saga, and we haven't even seen the film yet. Someone new worked with this trailer, because it's a cut or two above anything else we've ever seen. The camera work itself looks far greater than anything we've seen before.

This is serious, scary stuff. Yoda looks haunted in ESB, and now we know why. He's all that remains of something majestic and grand.

12. obi1jedinite

obi1jedinite Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 20, 2002
    All of palpatine's lines are mind numbingly awesome, but my favorite is a small one. when he says "i need your help, son" it sends shivers down my spine. i mean the way he calls him son is just.....wow...

13. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    Think of how far we've come since Phantom Menace.

A long, long way from the Naboo scenes early in the film.

14. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Seeing that lightning shooting at Yoda... and them him struggling in the Senate Chambers...

First thing that came to mind was "Never underestimate the powers of the Emperor."

[face_worried]

15. Pancrase

Pancrase Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2001
    GG was in there for a second, against Obi-Wan I think. It looks like he missed with a punch.

Great trailer. Why does May 19th have to be so far away?

16. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    In the future, those who view the movies 1-6 may get a bit emotional when Yoda lifts Luke's X-Wing out of the swamp, because it'll be a glimpse back at the Yoda those viewers saw a lot of in the prequels.

Just makes me wonder how Yoda would fare if he wasn't quite so old, or having to use a Force clouded by the Dark Side.

17. SirKnightLord

SirKnightLord Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2001
    I totally did not catch onto a few of these things like Palpatine calling Anakin "son" and Yoda struggling.

I promise you that I'm not exaggerating when I say that I was shaking during the entire trailer...so its understandable I missed a few things.

18. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Yoda hopping around there looked SO cool. I enjoyed the Yoda/Dooku fight in AOTC quite a bit, but the Sidious/Yoda match is going to be unbelievable.

There is a shot of Grievous and Obi-Wan on what looks like a landing platform with some kind of starfighter.

Grievous doesn't have his cape, and it looks like one of his feet is gone? Maybe it's just the way he's moving.

The trailer was cut SO well, I can only hope the movie itself is edited that well.

The CG is as close to photorealistic as I've seen. Gollum was great, but this is clearly a step up. Nothing like healthy competition.:D

The space battle is going to be sick:

ships broadsiding each other like pirate ships, ships colliding, in that one shot where the clone pilot's ship gets destroyed, you can see his body flying through space!

I think this movie is really going to set the standard again, just like ANH. LOTR and the Matrix kind of took some props away from SW, but it's taking them all to school come May 19th.[face_devil]

I love the shot of Ki-Adi Mundi - he looks so freaked out, like "What's going on?"

The shot of Aayla Secura is cool, particularly because I remember watching the webcam on her shooting days, and it was hilarious: her standing there with nobody else and no props - and now the result is this wonderful environment.

19. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    I think this movie is really going to set the standard again, just like ANH. LOTR and the Matrix kind of took some props away from SW, but it's taking them all to school come May 19th.

Very much agreed. Star Wars has taken its lumps over the past six years, but I think more than just the Sith will be getting revenge in May.

Everything has come together for one last run through the stars.

20. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    I wonder why Ki-Adi couldn't attend that one Jedi Council meaning personally?

21. Sevryn

Sevryn Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 6, 2004
    I had to wait an extra four hours but boy was it worth it. My favorite lines in the trailer had to be these two;

Anakin:Can I learn these powers?
    Palpatine: Not from a Jedi.

and the other one is this;

Obi-Wan(yelling) YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!

This movie may put the rest of teh series to shame.

22. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    I have never been glad to have AOL before. I'm downloading now. Watching what I have over and over. A little over halfway.

So far my favorite part was Mace Windy, Saesee Tiin, Agen Kolar (I assume) and Kit Fitso's attempted arrest of Palpatine. The sound effects were awesome. I jumped when Palpatine lunged. Now I'm going to avoid reading any more of this thread. Too many trailer spoilers. :p

23. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Knight - at some point in Dark Rendezvous, Yoda gets really pissed off at Dooku, and Dooku realizes just how powerful a Dark Side Yoda would have been - FAR beyond what Sidious is.[face_devil]

I think we're going to get a sense kind of like when Aragorn, Gandalf et al storm the gates of Mordor, just to buy Frodo and Sam some time, when Obi-Wan and Yoda are fighting Anakin and Sidious, respectively.

It's like you're in awe of these Heroes standing up to these 2 huge villains who are so powerful and evil.

24. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    - at some point in Dark Rendezvous, Yoda gets really pissed off at Dooku, and Dooku realizes just how powerful a Dark Side Yoda would have been - FAR beyond what Sidious is.

Most interesting. Thank you :). I definitely didn't know that, and I love bits of info and comparisons like that.

It just seems like this is the one and only film where all the cards are on the table. There's nothing to hold back, and we see everything there is to see. Jedi vs. Jedi, Master vs. Master, armadas of warships, and so on. This is epic.

Duel of the Fates (and all of TPM, really) seems quaint compared to what's ahead in ROTS.

Something I haven't seen mentioned much yet (if at all) is the trailer music. About two thirds of the way into the trailer, it shifted into something new, or at least there was a transition point of sorts. The music was great throughout, but that's when things went to a still higher level.

25. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    And there wasn't even any music from Episode III in the trailer.;)

I didn't even notice the heartbeats at the end of the trailer before, I was freaking out too much!8-}

What I found interesting was the relative lack of Dooku, Padme and Grievous. All were in there, but just a couple of shots each.

Looks like Mace is going to kick some serious butt in this one. Anyone who had doubts about him after TPM or AOTC will be silenced!;)

"I don't the boy can handle it. I don't trust him."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.