main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official* ROTS Theatrical Trailer Thread (trailer discussion ONLY)

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Mace Windy, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Thank you G_M. I fixed the error. And I agree the sound in that scene gave me the chills.

Up till now I wasn't really excited about RotS. Now I can't wait to see it. I'm glad I watched the trailer. :D

2. Kesel

Kesel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1999
    "You were the chosen one!"

Just reading that line gives me chills every time. Seriously, I think I'm going to cry during this movie.

3. Jomero

Jomero Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 1999
    Very awesome.

I was completely spoiled for the first 2 prequels. I usually got hit hard with excitement around October before the movie's release and TFN was too tempting to resist. I made a vow to not spoil myself for this last Star Wars movie (after this, I won't have another shot at never spoiling myself for a star wars movie), but I do allow myself to see trailers.

I can't believe I made it this far, and I can't believe how awesome this trailer is. I'm excited again. Not enough to spoil myself since I've come this far.... but wow, that trailer was excellent.

4. Padlei

Padlei Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2003
    Simple. Best. Trailer. Ever... This movie is going to rock big time...

5. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I'd like to say again just how epic the trailer was. You've got multiple primary characters with a good deal of screen time, but it's what they're doing and saying that helps make it what it is.

So much is going on around the characters, and you get a feel for how grand the story is. It's hard for me to put into words, but I think at least some people know what I mean.

The music certainly helps bolster the epic feeling.

6. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I just showed my dad the trailer.

He was like: [face_hypnotized]

He quite enjoyed Palpatine's machinations and particularly the confrontation scene with Mace et al.

His review of the trailer: "Well, he's done it again."=D=

7. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    I missed thr premiere of the trailer on TV but saw it one of my affiliate sites, and it was awesome. Very intense, and Obi-Wan screaming, "You were the chosen one!" gave me chills.

~aeryn

8. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    Are you threatening me master jedi?

Best Trailer Ever!!!

BTW thanks to my mum for taping it when it was on GMTV, I didnt even know about it. Wonderfull Mother!

9. Jomero

Jomero Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 1999
    I can't really see "Are you threatening me?" becoming a signature for people, because that quote is still a trademark of Cornholio (Beavis and Butthead). Everytime I see someone quote it, that's what I immediately think (and I'm not even a big Cornholio fan!).

Though the way Palpatine delivers it, is great. But when I see it in text, I still get a mental image of Palpatine saying it like Cornholio. I can see him saying it, throwing his hand up, and saying "I am the Great Palpatine!"

10. Frank1212

Frank1212 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 16, 2001
    OMG
    OMG
    OMG
    OMG
    OMG
    OMG
    OMG
    OMG
    OMG

I think I'm gonna have a heart attack.

11. Darth_Goofy

Darth_Goofy Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2001
    Amazing. That was an incredible trailer. I'm so glad I stayed spoiler free for this one. The trailer was just enough to get me excited.

I loved the "Sith lightning" cam, flying directly into poor Yoda.

LOVED that. It's nice to see that GL is continuing to try new camera shots. I always really loved the shaky camera zooms during the Clone Wars in AOTC.

And of course, like everyone else, I thought the "Are you threatening me?" part was awesome. That's going to be a mind-blowing scene.

May 19th can't come fast enough.

12. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    [face_hypnotized] :D :eek: =D= BEST. TRAILER. EVER! Oh my gosh I just couldn't breathe after I saw it. I waited until today so I could see it on the big screen and it just blew me away! I loved all of palps' lines.. he is truly evil. Seeing Padme crying like that made me want to cry and I was going to have a heart attack when I saw Anakin marching into the temple with the clones.. and yoda vs. sidious on the pods almost made me die!!! This is going to be the best movie of all time!!

13. Darth_Sailant

Darth_Sailant Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2004
    Well, I guess everyone else here has already expressed my sentiments... The trailer is pretty wonderful.

I had been in a dilemma as to whether I should watch it or not, (even when offered a pirate web copy) but caved-in when I discovered GMTV (here in the UK) would be screening it this morning. I'm glad I did.

On the first few viewings (yes, of course I recorded it) I felt like a giddy child again! For the record, I'm 35 ;-)

My biggest fears had been: a) that it would fail to live up to the hype, and b) that it would be overly spoilerific. I needn't have worried on either score.

For me, the most powerful sequence featured the voice of Sidious saying to Anakin "Every single Jedi is now an enemy of the Republic. Do what must be done. Do not hesitate. Show no mercy", followed by a shot of evil Anakin/Vader leading the clone/stormtroopers.

Wow! Powerful stuff indeed.

Bring on the 19th May...

14. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    leelee or anyone else that saw the trailer in the theatre, what was the crowd response like?

15. Darth Trypsin

Darth Trypsin Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2000
    Finally got to watch it at 4 am. Damn night shift anyway, I couldn't pile one piece of 2x4 without counting down time till I got home.

Whole trailer looks awesome, "You were the chosen one" I love it.

and the CG and the Clone Troopers look so amazingly real, ILM kicks ass.

Got to go watch 1 of my 3 copies now.

16. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Since I don't think this has any major non-trailer info (other than non-spoilery hints), it should be OK to post in this thread. If not, it can be moved to the other trailer thread. A PM from 3SAer Tion_Meddon (permission given to post it):

[blockquote]I'm glad everyone was excited by the trailer in the 3NS! I've listened to many of the comments there, and I want to post a few things to clarify a few things about the trailer and tease about a few things people have been asking about!

Let me just say that:

1.) Dooku and Grievous were both in the trailer, you have to look harder! Dooku in one shot, GG in two shots.

2.)[b][color=blue]A little too much hinting here.[/color][/b]

3.)[b][color=blue]A little too much hinting here.[/color][/b]

4.) [b][color=blue]A little too much hinting here.[/color][/b]

5.) Vader isn't CGI, don't worry!

6.) [b][color=blue]A little too much hinting here.[/color][/b]

7.) For those who think it "revealed everything, it's a synoposis"... WRONG!! I'm actually surprised at all they left out, much is missing 3NS, don't worry!

8.) That shot of the burning Jedi Temple is supposed to reflect 9/11. Many things in ROTS, whether GL will admit it or not, tie right in to what's happening now. I won't say anymore on this, other than there are some very tragic things people will get overly emotional about because it's been happening since 9/11 and in the Iraq war and in America.

9.) [b][color=blue]A little too much hinting here.[/color][/b]

10.) You thought Obi-wan's line was emotional? He gets WAY more emotional than that!

11.) Did you guys see that ship coming to Coruscant after the arrest scene, with a bunch of lights in the back? That's the Tantive IV!

12.) [b][color=blue]A little too much hinting here.[/color][/b]

13.) [b][color=blue]A little too much hinting here.[/color][/b]

14.) [b][color=blue]A little too much hinting here.[/color][/b]

15.) You think you know the plot? Nope. You just knoew what has have to already happened when the credits come. ROTS is all about unexpected and unbelievable BETRAYALS. [b][color=blue]A little too much hinting here.[/color][/b]

16.) I can name 5 scenes off the top of my head tha theve more emotion in them, alone, than the other 5 episodes put together!

17.) If you wish there was more of Padme, let me just say there is a lot more to her in the movie! She has a very important role, not just being chosen leader of the Rebel Alliance! If you knew about it, you would wish you didn't! It's not because it's bad, but bvery much the opposite, I dare not to say anything more about it, unless you want to be spoiled beyond belief![b][color=blue]A little too much hinting here.[/color][/b] Never assume anything, is all I'll say!

18.) There are more tricks than just a lightsaber up Palpatine's sleeve! [b][color=blue]A little too much hinting here.[/color][/b]

That's all I'll say, hopefully it's just enought to get you even more excited![/blockquote][hr]

[b][color=blue]THANK YOU VERY MUCH, I'M SORRY I HAD TO EDIT SO MUCH OF IT OUT. NICE TO SEE A 3SA'ER GETTING US EXCITED!!! G_M[/color][/b]

17. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    After this I think ani becomes Vader before the suit. Even though he wont be in most of our minds.

18. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Does anyone have an idea when the trailer will be on the official site for non HS members?

-Seldon

19. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Monday, and presumably, the XL Hyperspace trailer as well.

20. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    I don't know. It took quite a while for Hyperspace to upload the extra-larger teaser trailer - a couple of weeks. I wouldn't expect them to get it up any sooner this time around.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

21. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    Well Garth, I was in a theater full of morons who all laughed histerically at some lame fart joke, and clapped at the end of Robots (which sucked) so I was really the only one applausing.. but they were gasping. Once it was finished people just were silent except me.. I started clapping and screaming.

22. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    o.m.g.

[image=http://www.myvillage.com/images/dating/shocked.jpg]

That... shrieking? noise as Palps attacks makes me shiver every time! Even my girlfriend went "oooh!" and looked all worried when that happened!

This trailer just rocks big time. :D

Episode III will be the movie that re-defines Star Wars for two generations of fans.

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

23. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Excellent. I don't even know where to begin. We watched the trailer (over and over) for over an hour last night. My initial reaction is still the same: that was one of the most awesome things I've ever seen. As others have stated, my emotions and excitement in watching the two minutes of that trailer were greater than when I watched all of AOTC.

I do not doubt this film in the slightest. I am still much of a traditionalist, however, (from what little I have seen), this could very well be the greatest SW film ever made. At least, it has the possibility.

Hayden is not the greatest actor in the world. Most of us know this. He had his moments in AOTC, both good and bad. However, I believe he is going to be awesome in ROTS.

I guess the two things that stuck out at me most were the senate scene and the "are you threatening me, Master Jedi?" scene. Sidious taking on a handful of Jedi? That is excellent.

I need this movie to be here, now.

24. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Haven't read anything but the first two posts in this thread, as I still haven't seen the trailer. PM me a link if you have one.

25. bswb

bswb Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2000
    Absolutely speechless after I saw it. Just jaw dropping speechless.

What I loved most about it (besides Palpatine's lines) was the raw emotion in every scene. This is what we didn't get in the 'civilized age' of TPM and we saw only flashes in AOTC. War and extremes bring out emotions in people - and makes for better storytelling. Padme's breakdown, Obi-Wan's plea, Anakin's pure anger, and Palpatine's joy in manipulating everyone - the emotion was so palpable (pun intended), it just felt different from the PT and OT. I suppose that makes sense because this is the bridge between the two.

One thing to note: I am not a big fan of TPM. I think it has too much exposition, despite the fact that Qui-Gon is one of my favorite characters. But this puts the whole thing into perspective. The republic has fallen completely from grace, and now I'm beginning to understand how it all comes together. Anakin taken from his mother, Palpatine manipulating in hiding, Qui-Gon's death before Obi-Wan was a full fledged knight. I don't think it makes it necessarily a better film, but it makes it a more acceptable (to me) chapter in a 6 part story.

I can't wait until May 19th. Midnight screening, here I come.

Oh, and even my PT bashing friends said it was "EXPLETIVE AWESOME!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.