***OFFICIAL*** ROTS Toy Variations Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Darth_Santos, Apr 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. Darth_Santos Force Ghost

star 3
    Welcome...

Here we will discuss any variations that have been encountered. So far I have heard of only the following:

1) Palpatine #35 with a blue lightsaber.

2) Anakin #2 with a Dooku lightsaber apart from his blue saber.

Post any information regarding these and any other variations on this thread.

Question: What exacly is the variation for Anakin #2? Also, there is rumor that Obi-Wan #1 is also a variation because the lightsaber's hilt (the one he's holding) is from AOTC and not from ROTS. Can someone please provide the details for these???
  2. JosephEck Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've seen the deluxe Obi-wan vs. Super Battle droid with packaging in which the droid looks complete, and then after I bought that one my girlfriend pointed out early the next week the same deluxe set, only this time Hasbro has packed the battle droid with the left leg separated in the blister... I checked the shelves further and found both variations in mass quantities each.

I've also seen the Deluxe Anakin to Vader figure where the arms, shin guards, etc. are packaged on the right side of the blister, whereas the one I bought in early April has the Vader accessories packaged *under* the figures...

also, in reply to your original question - the Anakin #2 shows Dooku's red saber in the blister for some of them, and his *OWN* red saber in others... THAT is the variation for figure #2.
  3. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    In another thread some folks were saying that their AT-TE Gunner figure is cross-eyed. Mine isn't noticeably so.
  4. jango_junkie Jedi Knight

star 3
    Misspellings on some figure cards.

#12 palpatine has on the back of his card Grievous's Bodyguard misspelled. it says "Grievous's bodygaurd"

Same thing with the Deluxe Anakin/Vader, on the back of the card it says "Secret Lightaber Attack General Grievous"

Some Grievous figures are darker than each other as well.

I have a Padme that has her eyes off place. Anybody have this too?
  5. Darth_Santos Force Ghost

star 3
    Joseph:

I have recently heard of the Super-Battle Droid variation but have not bothered looking at it in stores since I am not interested in this package.

As for the Vader-Anakin, I also got the version you have on April 2nd, and I have not seen the "variation".

LAJ:

I have also heard of the cross-eyed AT-TE Gunner but I have only seen one of this figure in stores and did not observe the articulation on it. So, if I see it, I will get back to you on that one.
  6. Darth_Santos Force Ghost

star 3
    I have the mispelling variation of the Emperor. Indeed, this is just a minor error. Same thing with the Vader one. I doubt that Hasbro will even bother correcting these, so I won't call it a variation just yet; instead, I would call it an error.
  7. jango_junkie Jedi Knight

star 3
    Good enough for me but,
    the more I think about it, the more it bugs me. I think that about 10 years from now, some scalpers might rip off people with these two because of the error. I have seen some instances where they have pulled this off but the real-gold that they have, they don't pay attention to and sell it cheap! It is people like me that take atvantage of this. Most recently, I saw that the posters for episode 3 are out at the mall. a poster shop in the mall is selling them for $40 each! I go up to the next level to suncoast and see the exact posters for $20 each. This same scalper is selling Jedi stuff from 83 that is so beat up(about C-3) and asking as much as $200 where one of my friends has the same stuff in about C-8 for half that price. I bet that this two figures might be a scalpers delight in the years to come!
  8. Darth_Eidonis Jedi Padawan

I have both the Anakin #2's, one with Dooku's lightsaber. I saw one yesterday at TRU, but I havent seen another.
  9. Darth_Santos Force Ghost

star 3
    I do not think that the Ani error will be rare for a while since so many were shipped to stores on April 2nd.
  10. Eight-Four Jedi Knight

The DLX Obi Wan has two different configurations inside the package...one with the Battle Droid assembled, one without...
  11. Darth_Santos Force Ghost

star 3
  12. thejeditraitor Chosen One

star 4
    the red royal guards have either a shiny helmet or a dull helmet.

mine is shiny.

.............. the helmet that is.
  13. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Yep - my Red Guard has a shiny helmet as well. Any idea which is more common?
  14. PhantomMenace Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    All of the ones I've seen have a shiny helmet. My blue guard, however, has a less shiny helmet than the red guard.
  15. Darth_Santos Force Ghost

star 3
    Both my blue guard and red guard have shiny helmets.
  16. Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    What palpatine is rarer? red saber or blue saber? And does anybody know when Anakin on Mustafar, R2D2 on Mustafar, and Obi WAn Red Leader Pilot come out? Thanks :)
  17. Darth_Santos Force Ghost

star 3
    The blue WILL be the rarer version because it is an error. I say WILL because there are still very few left in some stores even though Hasbro stopped its production.

As for the figures you mentioned...no one knows. I would expect them to come out late June - early July.
  18. Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    THanks for the info :) If I get it as a blue should I take it out of the package. I don't really know much about collecting.

edit: and is vaders medical droid somewhat rare. I can't find that or clone commanders
  19. Darth_Santos Force Ghost

star 3
    I HIGHLY recommend you leave the BLUE in the package. If you so desperately want to play with a Palpatine w/ blue saber, I suggest you buy two figures:

1) Obi-Wan #1
    2) Palps #35 w/ red saber

You open both and use Obi's saber with Palpidious.

Or you can just open a red-saber Palpidious.
  20. Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  21. JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Saw the Aankin with the Dooku saber today, but I picked up the deluxe Rebuild Vader instead. There was a few of them, so I'll go back soon.
  22. darthlier Jedi Knight

star 1
    I have an anakin on operating table. The other ones I saw, his head is has a shine and he has a "burnt look. My the head is just a bald anakin with no "burn" or gloss. Also, his boots are supposed to be to the left of him in the package with his cape, but the boots are attached to his legs. Target had 3 pcs of the ANAKIN ON OPERATING but this was the only one to have the variations. Anyone know about this?
  23. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    There are some vehicle variations on Rebelscum.

The AT-RT comes packaged with a clone trooper and the barc speeder is comming with a wookie.

These might be Kohl's exclusives but they aren't marked as such.
  24. Ragelion Jedi Knight

star 1
    Both my AT-TE Gunner are crossed eyed.
    I bought both Palpatine #35, red and blue saber.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.