main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*Official* ROTS TV Spots Discussion Thread (3 released on OS today)

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by leelee, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    I loved Tragedy, but for some, bizzare reason the "You're breaking my heart" line made me laugh out loud, and I'm generally a sucker for the Ani-Padmé stuff.

Maybe I need to watch it again....

.....not that I actually need a reason :D

2. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I never said I cared if they had an issue with the movies. I do agree that they will nitpick on anything. I personally feel the "You were the Chosen One!" line is one of the best lines in the Saga. Period.

3. 3263827

3263827 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 1999
    I don't think Anakin's line "don't you turn aganist me" is from the same spot as Padme's "you're breaking my heart". He really looks to be on Mustafar... saying it to Obi-Wan?

I'm not so sure. The lighting in both are very similar - that soft orange tint to it. I'm leaning towards them both being on Mustafar.

4. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    I doubt they're both on Mustafar. I think the lighting is totally different. There's no lava flying around her. And Padme is still pregnant when she wears that outfit, logically she's probably already had the kids before the Duel. And somehow I doubt there's such an unscathed landing platform on Mustafar.

5. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    I do think they're both on Mustafar. That was the first impression I got.

I do agree the the 'You were the Chosen One' line is probably the best in the saga. That line stood out the most on the trailer to me.

6. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    Oh, I didn't realize that was cable swinging. I just thought that it was him jumping.

Slimy!

7. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I agree with RS, Anakins scene seems way more intense than Padme's - i don't think their lines correspond to each other at all.

He might still be talking to her, and she's definitely talking to him - but their scenes don't match the scenery imo.

- O_F

8. Zyrkon

Zyrkon Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2004
    My favorite shot is Palpy in the senate, rising his arms. It's so chilling !!!! Right now, I'm just dancing with joy that I will see the Empire rise, something I always wanted to see when I was a kid [face_dancing].

9. Soothsayer

Soothsayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    I agree....seeing Palpatine raise his arms in fantastic....I just can not wait to see the context it take place in

10. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    What's interesting about these trailers is that they show lots of new footage but only one "What could that be about?" moment is really in them, and that's the shot where Anakin raises his lightsaber and shouts "No!" in wht appears to be Palpatine's office. I'm interested in that...I wonder if at first Anakin tries to take out Palpatine...

11. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    I liked tradgedy, the others weren't as good.

12. Padlei

Padlei Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2003
    "Tragedy" was so powerful! :_| *slaps Anakin on the head* "You moron!"

When I first watched the spot I automatically assumed that the "You're breaking(...)" line and the "Don't you turn against me" line were linked... :confused: I don't know it looked like he was talking to her. Though I'd lean toward cut dialogue between the two lines... [face_thinking]

I had no problem whatsoever with the delivery of the lines. They were just perfect IMO. The only thing I could whine about would be the platform looking a little bit too CGish.

But the acting, just perfect.

13. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    I think that the platform looks fine, but the only problem I have is that part when Sidious turns on his lightsaber it looks weird. And I think that they lines Anakin and Padme are saying are in the same scene, in fact I hardl have any doubt as to that. But they may not be right in response to each other. I've watched Tragedy a thousand times and it only gets better. The duel theme just fits in so perfectly with the others... it kind of reminds me of ROTK when Frodo is standing over Mount Doom, which is good

14. AnikaAnakin

AnikaAnakin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2003
    I agree. the acting seems pitch perfect. Hayden's delivery of "Dont YOU turn against me" and "Noooo" sent chills down my spine. I absolutely love the Tragedy one, even better thsan the theatrical trailer.

15. Philagape

Philagape Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    Hallelujah ... Hayden and Natalie finally get to act!

Yeah, "You're breaking my heart" is a little lame, but that's par for the course for the PT. But Natalie delivered it with emotion and saved it.

(However, she sounded great in the TPM trailers before she was dubbed over in the movie!)

Yoda looks great ... he's undergone quite a transformation from TPM and has finally reached Gollum quality.

Everything I've seen so far tells me ROTS will blow away the first two. But I've learned the hard way not to get my hopes up .....................

16. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    I'm not so sure. The lighting in both are very similar - that soft orange tint to it. I'm leaning towards them both being on Mustafar.

I agree. That's exactly what the husband pointed out to me. The lighting looks exactly the same. I now believe she is on Mustafar with him.

17. Frank1212

Frank1212 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 16, 2001
    Sadly, I think the debate here over just a couple of lines could mean we're in for the same general reaction to ROTS as AOTC. Great movie, but many people won't enjoy the acting of Portman and Christensen.

It's not the acting that I'm afraid of. To be honest, I think that both Natalie and Hayden are tremendous actors. Rather, it is the dialogue that I'm shaky with. The delivery of the line, "Anakin, you're breaking my heart!" was great, but in actuality would anyone really say that to someone who is causing her that much emotional pain?

18. oLiquidRusho

oLiquidRusho Jedi Master star 2

May 8, 2002
    Frank, I've heard people say that before yet I agree in the trailer it sounds kinda off - but it MAY be out of context. If its in the right context - then I can picture her saying that. I seriously hope if they re-dubbed the voices that they sound close to the original recording dub - because frankly - the re-dubs is what makes the actors truly sound bad.

19. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    It's totally out of context. The more I see it the more obvious it is. The framing of the shots, the background environment, the location, the pacing... all different. Not to mention the question, why would a pregnant Padme be on Mustafar in the first place? I shall withold judgement on the dialog until I see it in actual context. What we can see however, is the emotion... and it is gut-wrenchingly there.

20. oLiquidRusho

oLiquidRusho Jedi Master star 2

May 8, 2002
    I agree - her delivery is FILLED with emotion. I was commenting this in the Basher's Sanctuary that though it sounds a little hammy there is an obvious emotion to it. Good to see good to see. I'm sure its out of context too.

21. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    ok, now that I've had a whole weekend to watch these, let me say that Tragedy is by far the best officially released advertisement for ROTS to come out yet. Even better than the newer trailer. I felt a shiver go up my spine. If that is indeed new music from the film, I'm going to cry during the actual film when it's played. John Williams does it again. Anyways, tragedy is such a moving and powerful tv spot with fantastic acting. Anakin sounds so Vader like on Mustafar and every line Christensen delivers is right on the money. But Padme's breaking my heart line really steals the show for this advertisement, as does yoda's fear of loss line. :D

fantastic stuff!

22. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    Also is it just me or does when Obi Wan give the, "But You Were The Chosen One" line, it looks like he does not have his saber. Could it be that, he uses Anakin's own saber, to win the duel?

Huh? Don't know how you would infer that from a barely neck-down shot.

I can't wait to see these on television, although I don't really watch alot of TV outside of "24"

The little platform looks really fake, and why does it have that weird glow around it?

23. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    That's definitely new music from the movie. Cingular released a ring tone of it a few days ago, and also the title of the piece.

The title isn't at all spoilerish, but it does give you a good idea as to what scene you'll hear the music in. I'll highlight out the name in case anyone doesn't want to know what it is.
    Battle of the Heroes

24. RebelScum77

Aug 3, 2003
    ^^^Well I already knew what the name is, but I can see that text without having to highlight it.

25. Yoda_Gracie

Yoda_Gracie Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2004
    They need a TV trailer that sells the movie as the one that completes the saga and the last Star Wars movie ever. That will bring in the casual fan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.