*Official* ROTS TV Spots Discussion Thread (3 released on OS today)

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by leelee, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Master

star 4
    You can? It's highlighted for me. :confused:

EDIT: I changed the text to black as well, so that might fix it.
  2. RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus

star 6
  3. Kish Jedi Knight

star 2
    Man, that "The Jedi all turned against me, don't you turn against me" line is really really bugging me.

It's not the delivery, its just the actual line. It seems like he should be saying the word "too" at the end, or that there is a pause with more dialogue right in the middle.

The music is way cool though.
  4. Darth_Sailant Jedi Master

star 1
    It seems like he should be saying the word "too" at the end, or that there is a pause with more dialogue right in the middle.
    I'm sure that there is more text in the middle, and that the two phrases have been spliced together for dramatic impact in the trailer. I don't know this for sure, but it seems that way to my ears.
  5. Beowulf Force Ghost

star 5
    I have to say, they're pretty darn good. The dialogue really is powerful. I cannot wait to see the actual movie.
  6. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Why can't that line exist as is?

"The Jedi turned against me, don't YOU turn against me".

It's probably not Queen's English, but sounds more like spoken dialogue than adding "don't you turn against me too". The emphasis on YOU removes the need for adding "too", IMHO.

Plus, think of Vader saying this line - it totally fits.:D
  7. Darth_Sailant Jedi Master

star 1
    Why can't that line exist as is?
    It can. To my ears it sounds edited - not necessarily beacause of the 'words' themselves, but more to do with the tonality of the recording and Hayden's voice, (it alters midstream). But I might be wrong... Either way, I like it! ;)
  8. That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Agreed. While more grammatically proper to have a 'too' there, it's not wrong per se either.
    I love the delivery. Whoever he's saying it to, he certainly has a knife's edge to his voice. Great delivery :)
    So who's it to? Obi-Wan, Padme, Palpatine, Mace(!?), a malfunctioning speeder?
  9. DarthTickle Jedi Master

star 1
    Anyone notice that the "Lord Vader... Yes Master... Riiiise" lines sound completely different in the teaser TV ad than they do in the teaser trailer?
  10. Captain_Typho Force Ghost

star 5
    it's fine the way it is. He is very evil by this point in the film (if the lava behind him during the line is any indication) and he is not saying it as the whiny kid we knew in episode 2. He's not whining "all the jedi have turned against me and now you are turning against me too!" No, he is saying almost in a threatening way. "The Jedi turned against me. Don't you turn against me."
  11. Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost

star 6
    Anakin's line is fine the way it is, I love it, but I'm willing to bet it is edited.

You are right, Garth, it sounds perfect if Vader says it.
  12. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    So who's it to? Obi-Wan, Padme, Palpatine, Mace(!?), a malfunctioning speeder?

[face_laugh]
  13. KAL-OW-SKI Jedi Knight

I like that little blast, 4 seconds in, of Anakin and Obi-Wan fighting Dooku
  14. oLiquidRusho Jedi Knight

star 2
    I don't think Anakin says "The Jedi turned against me" and "Don't you turn against me" are in sequential order in the movie. His voice is just way too different considering his voice is much deeper and without the english accent the next line. It sounds as if he says "The Jedi have turned against me" somewhere else. Listen to it closely and you'll see. Or hear, should I say.
  15. stormcloud8 Force Ghost

star 4
    The "lord vader-rise" does sound different, but Palps still doesn't sound right. He needs to sound more like he does in the trailer.
  16. Darth_Sailant Jedi Master

star 1
    I don't think Anakin says "The Jedi turned against me" and "Don't you turn against me" are in sequential order in the movie. His voice is just way too different considering his voice is much deeper and without the english accent the next line. It sounds as if he says "The Jedi have turned against me" somewhere else. Listen to it closely and you'll see. Or hear, should I say.
    That was my point exactly.
  17. jangoisadrunk Jedi Master

star 4
    I love the quick scene where Anakin yes "NO!" then lights his saber and slashes at something. I have no idea where in the film this might occur, so it seems particularly cool right now. Almost every other scene in all the trailers and commercials contains scenes that give me an idea as to what is going on at that point in the movie. (e.g. "Oh, that's The Duel" or "Oh, that happens on on such and such planet.")

I was mildly spoiled by accident, so anything I see that I can't place, I love.
  18. Twinky_Stryder Jedi Master

star 4
    The thing is with the "don't YOU turn against me" is that I thought when I first heard it that he was talking to Obi-Wan, so suddenly having Padmé say "Anakin, you're breaking my heart" made me laugh when I first watched Tragedy.

But now I'm thinking that maybe the line IS addressed to Obi-Wan and the Padmé line is from another scene. I mean, we must have all been fooled by a little trailer editing at some point with some movie, right?
  19. kingthlayer Force Ghost

star 4
    Mustafar looks small. What's the larger planet below it?
  20. obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not sure if the large planet even has a name yet. It looks like it'll be a gas giant like Yavin, so it probably won't have any significance to the story.
  21. spaceace27 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ironically, these look like exactly what i expected from RotS. WHICH IS GREAT!!!
  22. dustinbrewer Jedi Knight

star 2
    The "Tragedy" television spot was a small masterpiece. The others, however, were poorly edited and a tad underwhelming. I have to agree with Mace Windy and stormcloud8 that the floating lava platform on which Anakin and Obi-Wan duel looks far too phony; some of that has to do, I think, with that glowing blue light which seems to cut through the near side of the object in question. I hope that that shot can be tweaked by the time the film is released, but it is a bit curious that Lucas would choose to include an unfinished image in a TV spot.

I agree, very poor looking shot in the middle an otherwise good teaser. When an obvious green screen effect smacks you in the face like that you have to wonder if the powers that be, weren't off grabbing a cup of coffee or something and missed the scene they were proofing :p

The darkly shaded Yoda footage, looked great, as does anything with Palpatine or Sidious or whatever you call him, he will own this movie. Not GG, not Anakin, not clones or anyone else. Just the Emperor all the way :D
  23. NorCalBirdz Jedi Master

star 4
    After some more viewing, more random thoughts from me:

~On the floating platform scene, those almost look like faces floating around the platform. That is doubtful, but there's something unnatural about the way all that is floating. I also previously thought that the little platform was a rock, but it is in fact, mechanical.

~Mace's delivery of "We do not grant you the rank of Master" is different, and better, in tragedy than the theatrical.

~Does anyone else think that on the line "The Jedi turned against me..." that Anakin sounds like he has a weird accent?

24. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    It sounds kind of like he's speaking with a Luke Skywalker accent. ;)

I just watched the trailer and the TV spots again...so much fun :D

There's definitely some kind of glowing blue light around the lava platform, which I why I think it looks weird to some people.

Plus, there appears to be droids or some other devices flying around them - and they as well have the glowing blue light.

I'm positive this will look different come opening night. The big screen vs. a little box on the computer.
  25. Beowulf Force Ghost

star 5
    I have to say, I've never been so tingly while watching teasers, trailers, or movie spots for any other movie before RotS. The editing and music is superb, as well as the visuals and the dialogue spoken. I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.