*Official* ROTS TV Spots Discussion Thread (3 released on OS today)

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by leelee, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CodeName_Targeter Force Ghost

star 5
    ooo.. nice tv spots! Tragedy is awesome. :) Going by that, this film just might make me stop hating portman's acting....
  2. marajadebean Jedi Knight

star 2
    I saw the sped up version of the teaser trailer during the broadcast of Lost tonight, good choice of placement too, I might add.

I still haven't brought myself to watch the Tragedy TV spot, don't think I will either. I want to see with my own two eyes on May 19th, the big screen, not the small one. :D
  3. katha Force Ghost

star 2
    My first thought when looking at the part with the platform again was that those blue things looked like "blue ghosties". But that doesn't seem to explain the other glow around the platform itself.. unless the ghosties were somehow able to interact...

But then if they could do that, youd think they'd try to stop the duel altogether.. hehe I'm going of on a tangent here.

Anyway, they also look like the could be some sort of floating droids.. but who knows. I think I'll just put my speculation aside and wait for the movie.
  4. Spare_Parts Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah I thought the floating things were blue ghost faces when I first saw it. Your guess is as good as mine but that scene reminded me of the weird floating things and that big sphere in the teaser trailer. Not sure what they were either.

I like that little blast, 4 seconds in, of Anakin and Obi-Wan fighting Dooku

Me too, can?t wait to see the rematch and hear the dialogue between the three. It looks like Anakin learnt from last time and attacks with Obi Wan instead of just charging in.

Also the music rocks, I feel it?s going to be on par with The Duel of the Fates and the Dark Side Beckons.
  5. stormcloud8 Force Ghost

star 4
    The issue with the platform isn't so much the blue ghosties as much as the very unnatural motion of the platform and the people on it. It isn't moving smoothly or like a real object would. Also, Kenobi and Skywalker are quite clearly standing on a non-moving blue screen platform, else they'd be somewhat off-balance. The platform bounces around, yet the two figures remain rock steady as if nailed to the ground. Their bodies should react to the momentum of the platform's motion, but they don't.

That's what makes it look weird. The human eye detects the odd, unnatural motion.
  6. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I was just looking at their lightsabers. 8-}
  7. Darth_Zoo Jedi Master

star 4
    Has anyone spotted these tv spots on the small screen? I haven't seen a single one yet, I hope the SW marketing is strong this time around not like with AotC.
  8. Mace Windy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I've seen the TV commercials on television two times that I can recall. I saw the "dark side" spot during the NCAA college basketball championship game, and I saw the "teaser" spot during American Idol.

Give it time, the movie is still over a month away. I am sure that we'll all see more and more of the spots as the big day approaches.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!
  9. leelee Jedi Knight

star 3
    and I can hardly wait!
  10. Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I saw the teaser one during Lost.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.