main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Official S.W.A.P. Fan Film Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ZeroCool69, Mar 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    Now that my internet service has been restored, I can bring everyone the Official S.W.A.P. Fan Film Thread. REady, here we go:

Basic Plot/Idea
    The basic idea we came up with was a red carpet interview parody. Like at the Grammy's, or the Oscar's. A Joan Rivers type person will be interviewing people from the Star Wars universe at the 327th Annual Galactic Awards, live from the Imperial Palace on Coruscant. Some added laughs would take place in:
    -As Palpatine w/ Royal Guards were being interviewed, possibly being asked something along the lines, "What else are you lookin to accomplish in your carreer?", and him saying something about getting the last of the Jedi, we see the top of Yoda's head go walking along the bottom of the screen
    -Luke and Leia questioned about the closeness of their family and their being there together, possibly even their kiss
    -A camera man in the background will have on a SWAP t-shirt(for a little bonus exposure!)
    -A "George Lucas" will be seen walking around/by in the background
    -A interview with Qui-Gon and Darth Maul together, talking about making peace with each other in the 'great beyond'
    -Darth Maul has a giant bandage or duct tape holding him together
    -If we have Qui-Gon, he'll have a blue aura, ala the blue ghosties

Cast
    Emperor Palpatine
    Royal Guard 1
    Royal Guard 2
    Storm Trooper 1
    Storm Trooper 2
    Luke Skywalker
    Leia Organa(Solo)
    Qui-Gon Jinn(possibly)
    Darth Maul
    Yoda
    George Lucas
    "Joan Rivers" type interviewer
    Background cameraman
    Extras

Props/Costumes
    Red Carpet
    Microphone
    Velvet ropes
    Plant(large fern maybe?)
    Prop/Mock Camera
    Camera Flashes
    Storm Troopers
    Royal Guards
    Luke
    Leia
    Yoda Mask
    Flashy/Guady Dress
    12 Inch Stormtrooper Action Figure

The location is still being worked on; any word yet Terry?

What Went On
    We met at Pizza Hut. We ordered pizza, after moving tables upon tables to accomidate everyone. We got to meet Oreckel/Allen and his mom(whom Greencat seemed to bond with quite well over school supplies or something like that.) After Pizza Hut fixed the pizza they messed up for Sal, most of us moved up to the food court of Century 3 mall for a game of Epic Duels. After a little family grudge match between Anikin&Padme and Luke&Leia, Rox's Darth Maul beat Sal's Obi-Wan to take the win.

If anyone has anything to add, or if there is anything I forgot, please let me know. As things move forward and become more solid, I will update this post. Once again, sorry for the delay. And in the words of Monty Python
    s Black Knight, "Have at you!"

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    We can't use the place. The are booked solid with weddings until July.

3. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    After checking around my church, we don't have a really good area. The nice, big double door are up about 15 stairs.

Side note, do we really need a door? We could cheat and have the interviewees just walk off camera, or hint that a door is just off camera (ie seeing a Stormtrooper on the edge of the screen, who is bracketing the left side of the fancy doors)

4. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Yeah, really it can just be next to a building. T'would be nice to do this at the Lowes movie theater at the waterfront, but that's very doubtful. Any suggestions for a building, something somewhat central to all of us, something "professional" looking, IE noones house.

5. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Having not been to the Gray Goose, would that place do the trick at all?

6. Oreckel

Oreckel Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 2002
    (sorry for going OT a little)
    As far as camera flashes, I have a strobe light that would work perfectly. If you just flash it once it looks just like a camera flash, so if I'm not filming or anything, I can sit there just flashing my strobe light.

7. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    The Grey Goose would work for the "Fitness" video portion but I don't think for the "Red Carpet" portion.

8. Oreckel

Jul 18, 2002
    What about the movie theater someone worked at (sorry, I forget exactly who)? That sounded perfect - if we can get it around 9:00AM on a weekday there'll be no one there. That would give us a red carpet, and if we're lucky there might be double doors somewhere.

9. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    That was Heilo, I think. That might be a real good idea, especially since we'll need those barrier things. Doesn't Whitney also work at a theater?

10. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    No Whitney works at Damon's.

11. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Duh, that's right. I think the theater idea is a good one. Most theaters don't open until noon, so we could feasibly get 4 or so hours of shooting in day light before they want us gone.

12. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    ***looks around confuzled***
    Um...'scuse me guys?But what are we lookin for exactly?

13. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    We are looking for a suitable location to shoot the red carpet interviews.

BTW, Chris, do you want us to post script ideas or actual lines here, and where is the script going to be built?

14. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    My youngest sister agreed to be Leia (thin, long brown hair, attitude) and my middle sister agreed to make Leia's outfit. So do you want 'classic' princess bunhead outfit or the outfit she wore in ANH's award ceremony?

15. Oreckel

Jul 18, 2002
    I'm thinking probally the fancy outfit - you'll notice at the Red Carpet ceromonies everyone is dressed in their best outfits. You'd think Leia (a princess) would try to dress up for the occasion.

Speaking of which, do we have an award for Leia? Best Hairstlye? Best Princess? Best Daugter of a Jedi Killer...?

I'd think of that before you commit to making an outfit for her.

16. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Maybe to overplay luke's ANH wussiness, he could be Leia's date. We could also throw in a line about Han not being one to dress up, so Luke was it.

Luke can be up for Best New Hero, Leia maybe for Best New Heroine.

Palpy- Lifetime achievement?

Qui and Maul can be showing up for those "who died this year" retrospective reels.

17. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    I think Master could do Qui he kinda has the look

18. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    Um...o.k. never thought I did but then I also never just sit in front of a mirror just starin' at myself either**laughs***

Details I need details.what're we looki for.I know a location.what do ya want it to look like?What kinda double doors?Fancy?Plain?Wood?Particular Style,French,Engilsh,something european?What's the area itself look like,something kinda wide openbut w/ buildings around like dwn at the Waterfront?Gimmie some details,please?

19. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    I think Tina or Stacie would make a great Leia. Is this movie suppose to be kept within the group or not? As far as Yoda mask ~ we have the one for Allison's costume = it would just have to be for a smaller person = no one with big heads :)

20. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    *raises hand*
    I want to do sommat!

21. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Tony, I'm glad you responded. We actually thought of you first to play Qui-Gon, but were not sure if you could because of having Allison on the weekends. Fliming for this will be on the second weekend of April (12-13) weather permitting. If not then the following weekend (April 19-20).

Carrie, actually we thought of your Yoda mask as well and just didn't get to ask you first before you posted. If your family is up for it, Tony can play Qui and Allison can wear the Yoda mask and strut by the actors in a scene. This is how we had envisioned it anyway so we hope you say yes. If not can we at least borrow the mask for the production. I have a mannequin head that's small. So someone can just be on the ground and work the head like a puppet.

22. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Just a little FYI, I am busy until noon time on the 12 of April, but still free for the rest of the weekend.

23. Oreckel

Jul 18, 2002
    jedi_master_sal:
    Fliming for this will be on the second weekend of April (12-13) weather permitting. If not then the following weekend (April 19-20).

Obviously if we finish all of the pre-prep before then (and if our actors can make it), we'll shoot it earlier. That way we'll have more time to edit it.

24. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm not whiney enough too be luke or have the right body shape for the interviewer so do we need extras?

25. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    As far as Allison goes = I'm not sure how she would handle it. I'm not sure if you want to take a chance with her being unpredictable or not.

As far as time frame. I have class on the 19th so I'm not sure exactly what time we will be able to make it.

do you guys realize these are the 2 weekends before the comicon = what if we have stuff that needs done for the convention these weekends?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.