main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Official S.W.A.P. Fan Film Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ZeroCool69, Mar 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    We do realize that, but if we are going to get this in before the deadline (it's only two and a half months away) then these are the only weekends feasible for us. The writers need time to write and we need time to scout shooting locations. We have the meeting on the 23rd of March so that weekend is gone. The first weekend in April is the Cleveland trip so that's out and besides since this is to be a spring like event we can't really do this in March. We need to have as much time in May as possible to edit the film, voiceovers and any other post-production work.

Believe me we thought this out as best as possible and this is what we came up with. The dates are set in stone. If people can make it to help as cast or crew, cool, if not that's okay. That's part of why we reserved TWO weekends, just in case of these circumstances.

2. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    ..........sorry......was just wondering what the priority was.

3. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    Hey guys. Sorry to dissapear for a while, work has really been kicking my butt lately.
    I'll work my way down the post.

Shewski - I've been kind of working on the script a bit in my head, writing things down here and there. I'd rather not clog up this thread with constant lines or script updates. If you'd like to help any or have any ideas, feel free to e-mail me; we can go over it that way. And that's for anyone as well. Or, if there is enough need for it, we can create another thread just for the script.

GC - Unless Sal decides no(because this is his baby), I'm gonna say go with the outfits they wore for the medal ceremony. I think we all agreed about that at the meeting, but I could be mistaken. And tell your sisters a huge thank you, and they will be credited.

jedi '66 - I think the basic idea of what we are looking is somewhere that could look like the outside of a theatre or auditorium. We don't nessicarily need to shhot the doors from straight on. It would be from the side, or on an angle. Preferably large doors, ones that we could have open for long periods of time.
    As Sal said, we did have you in mind to play Qui-Gon, but were not sure if it would interfere with your time with Allison. We know that does take precidence over this, so there is no pressure at all.

Mrs '66 - From what I understand, "the twins" as we so affectionatly call them, are busy with thier school musical(am I right?) At least I haven't seen them post in a while. If I'm wrong, you're right, they would be good. We'll have to keep that in mind. And as Sal said conserning Yoda, we could make it a puppet if no one fits it.

Saberpilot - I'm glad to hear that. All the help we can get, the better and smoother this will run. Anything in particular you are looking to do?

Corran - Yes, we could use very many extras. Any anything else for that matter.

As for casting, this is what I had in mind/thought was talked about. Once again, if I'm wrong, please, let me know:
    Emperor Palpatine - Sal
    Royal Guards - Tom and Joe
    Storm Troopers - Possily members of the 501st
    Luke Skywalker - Shewski
    Leia Organa(Solo) - GC's Sister
    Darth Maul - Chad
    Qui-Gon Jinn(possibly) - Tony
    Yoda - someone small, possibly a puppet
    George Lucas - Terry
    "Joan Rivers" type interviewer - GC

I will bring some kind of draft of the script with me to the meeting, that way, you can all see it, make changes, etc. Oh, and in case it helps, or gives a better visual of what we're kind of shooting for, the night of the meeting, the 23rd, from 6pm-8pm on E!, they are haivng red carpet interviews live from the Academy Awards. Talk about good timing, huh?
    Alrighty, I think that's all. For now.....

4. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    The "twins" are indeed busy with their school musical (my padawan even has a line! ;) ) plus getting ready to go to Disney on the band trip, plus working, plus occasionally doing school stuff like their senior themes . . .

So, since my youngest sister is close to the physical type of Leia, I volunteered her.

I was watching Joan on Fashion Police. Gack, her voice is hard to do.

5. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    Just an idea but if your shooting the Emporer pulling up how about me at the wheel in TIE gear?

6. DarthDahc

DarthDahc Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2002
    I can do darth maul, I can try and get a bald skin cap or something, I wouldn't mind trying a tusken if i had it done.

7. karateyoda17

karateyoda17 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    Im guessing noone is going for a perfect likeness here!

8. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    Thanks Zero for the info,I think my daughter would get a kick outta diong Yoda but we'll have to see how Mrs'66's class schedule works w/ this as it'll be the class before finals and she can't miss it.I't's gonna depend on where the film location is too.Hang in there...we'll see
    ME as Qui-Gon?...hummmm I'm humbled...

9. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    it IS my final = so I'm probably looking at like 6 hours of 1 class that day. Since I'm not involved the issue isn't me = it's the children

10. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Thanks, Zero, but this is not just my "baby" anymore. I wanted this to be a group thing, so that we could all be involved, have fun, and get to know each other even more.

As to perfect likenesses well, does that really matter. This is just a fan film afterall.

Originally, it was intended to have "farmboy' Luke and Leia in her twin buns white outfit but I think the ceremonial outfits would work much better. If those involved with the project agree then that's set. It will be ceremonial outfits for Luke and Leia. (If you disagree and your a part of the production just let us know and we'll see what the prevailing thought is here on that) Just remember that costumes have to be made and we don't have time to think to much about that.
    So for this only if you want a different costume for Luke and Leia let us know by Sat March 8th. Otherwise, GC, get your sister into high gear for the ceremonial costumes.

Shewski, you'll have to get with Kate er I mean GC and get fitted by her sister for your costume. make whatever arrangements you two think are neccessary for that.

Tom and Joe are you guys reading this?

Can you be Royal Guards for this? And can we enlist 2 or more Stormtroopers from Garrison Carida for this as well. Please post if so. I will post a message in the Garrison about needing stormies for this. Thanks ahead of time if you can.

Tom/Corran, by all means, if you want to be a tie pilot or just another plain extra, that's fine. We may use you for other things like background noise and camera flashing. We'll explain that more at the meeting.

11. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    GC's sis is providing ceremony Luke's outfit? I didn't know that. If that's the case, I'll wotk something out with her.

12. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Ummmm, no. GC's sister is doing Leia's ceremonial costume. Luke has to dress himself. Sorry, but Sue is also helping make costumes for the 6th grade musical, not to mention her real world life of kids and work. She was a little growlly about Leia's outfit, so Luke's is a complete no go for her . . .

13. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Ok, that's what I thought. Well, does anyone have the supplies to cobble together an outfit for Ceremony Luke? He is wearing a black V Neck (easy enough to find/buy, brown pants, black knee high boots, and a mustard jacket that looks kinda like leather. I know I can fake boots with some leather-type material and you just make shinguards to cover black shoes. I do have some brown slacks that may work well. I do not have the Han-Solo esque belt, and don't know about the jacket.

Ideas?

14. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    ***clears throat..."AHEEEMM"***
    Hiya Shew,somebody say somethin bout a costume.
    I won't be able to make it but,working in tandem,I can help you get yourself set into something that will work well,and not have to cost alot.Send me a pm and lemme know when yoyr ready.

15. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    *Waves hand**
    What could I do!?!?!
    *BAWLS LOUDLY*
    There's no stunts involved, so I can't do much of anything.. And there's no parts for a small blonde girl.. *sniff*
    I do have an imperial & a jedi costume, however, if I can just be an extra or sommat..

16. Oreckel

Oreckel Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 2002
    Oh, that's great. :)

Do you think we can use your Jedi Costume for Qui-Gon? As far as looks go?

And there are supposed to be two Royal Guards or Stormtroopers gaurding the doors, what does your imperial costume look like? Do you think it would be suitable (pun un-intended) for that job?

17. DarthDahc

Sep 4, 2002
    If i can loose 30 pounds before we do this I can look like a skinny kid, and then I would be willing to shave it off... wait no I wouldn't I'll get the skin head thingy..

18. Crimson_Knight1175

Crimson_Knight1175 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2002
    *nods that he can be a Guard for the shoot*

I'm sure we could round up a couple stormies from the garrison too. Like you said Sal, just post it up on the Garrison's yahoo site.

19. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Background extras will be needed.

So, since Jedi 1966 seems unavailable to play Qui-Gon, who else could fill that role?

Ummmm, Chad, I thought we had you down to play Darth Maul . . .

20. DarthDahc

Sep 4, 2002
    Um.. yea I still would need to lose 30 pounds

21. Noble_Kale

Noble_Kale Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2002
    Sorry everyone, but I am not avaiable for filming those weekends. :( I will be out of town those weekends. First one for a wedding the second for Easter. Also, I am still tyring to repair my helmet. I probably would not have had a costume to wear if I where available for filming anyway. Thats why I have been trying to stay out of the discussions about the Fan Film. I did not think I could have been avaiable to help out with it.

22. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    ~ UUHHMMM ~ Where's people getting the idea that Tony can't make it? He's really looking forward to doing Qui Gon - the only issue is we will only have Allison the weekend of April 12th so if you guys need her to be yoda - you'll have to shoot those sceens that weekend and We won't be able to be there until probably sometime after noon. where ever there is will determine the time we could be there.

Unless you people changed your minds about him being involved.

Earlier he told Shewski "he couldn't make it" === he was talking about the Luke costume * not the film

23. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Okay. so Tony can make it and we only have one royal guard. That's ALL okay. And Chad don't worry about the weight. Hey, I'm playin' the Emperor and he was a BIT smaller than I am. This is just a parody afterall. Realism isn't neccessary.

24. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    I've got a PM out there to Tony, but I may as well let you all know about the Luke costume to see if anyone else has some pieces I could borrow.

He wears Brown pants, Black knee high boots, a Han SOlo type gun belt, a Black V neck, and a Yellow jacket that looks kinda like leather. The Yellow jacket is the hardest part to find.. I can buy the V neck, and I have brown slacks that could work, and I can rig up some fake boots (or else if we shoot from the waist up I don't have to worry about the belt and boots.

Any hep would be hot!

Thanks!

25. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    How goes the camera and location search?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.