main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Official S.W.A.P. Fan Film Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ZeroCool69, Mar 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karateyoda17

karateyoda17 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    There's no stunts involved, so I can't do much of anything- Saberpilot

I didnt know the happy jedi dance was a stunt.......well ya learn something new every day!

2. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    We will have to revise our plans if we want Royal Guards and Stormtroopers.

For one there is an event in West Virginia that many of the Garrison Carida (local 501st) are going to on the 12th of April, and secondly, I just realized that the 20th is Easter and we should all be with loved ones this day (if you celebrate it). I do and will be with Em on that day. So that just leaves us the 13th and the 19th to get it done.

WOW talk about a tight schedule. I really hope we pull this off.

3. DarthDahc

DarthDahc Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2002
    She knows more than just the happy jedi dance, I saber dueled her.. shes good.
    Whitney, we could accually use a stunt double for something and interpret it in, but wear your uh... Imperial costume, that we can use as someone else stated!

4. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    That sounds like a good idea. I'm good at rough-and-tumble stuff; at least I think so..
    And if it's serious, don't think I can do the happy jedi dance... but after it's all done, I may! ^_~

5. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    I can be the male stunt double as long as theres at least a 30% chance of death or maiming otherwise it just wouldn't be fun ;)

6. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    Yes! It is fun when there is a 30% chance of that, but what happens when there's a 98% chance of rain?? :( I hope no such thing will happen!

7. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    I'm going to go on a Goodwill run tonight for parts of the Luke costume, is there anything else that people want me to look for?

8. corran_16201

Nov 28, 2000
    17-18 year old females if you could ;)

9. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    I would for you, Tom, but then the nice Police officers would take me to jail ;)

10. corran_16201

Nov 28, 2000
    true forgot about that little part

11. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Perhaps I missed it, but what is going on with the camera? Remember, Terry needs it to have a certain type of connection for him to be able to edit it.

12. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    My Goodwilling was a mixed bag. I found some shirts that match the color of yellow that I was looking for, but no Jackets of that color. I will keep looking, but as we get closer to shooting, I might just go for the button down shirts and try to fake it as a jacket.

13. Oreckel

Oreckel Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 2002
    When are we meeting next? The March meeting at the Club House?

14. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    You got it,bub.
    1:30 p.m. see March Meeting Agenda thread.

15. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    Sorry for oong absence there guys. This script is harder than I thought it would be. Well, without sounding really cheesy. With that said, the script I bring to the meeting will definatly be a rough draft, and yinz guys can make changes or additions as you so chhose or think is nessicary.
    As for locations, I think I found one that can work, just may not be the greatest. It's out back of the place I work, which is across the street from the Clubhouse, so we can take a look at it possibly after the meeting?

16. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I going to a party at my friend Matt's tonight. He makes small films so I am gonna ask him about getting a camera.

17. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Since I missed the meeting, what occured on this front?

18. Oreckel

Jul 18, 2002
    Not much. IMO the Club House wasn't a great place to meet, not on an afternoon weekend. That place can (and did) get really busy. We were also spread out legnth-wise across about 5 tables. Right beside us was a birthday party, so I couldn't really hear that much. At one point Chris brought up the FanFilm, but we only talked about it for about 3 minutes, so I doubt a whole lot happened.

19. DarthDahc

DarthDahc Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2002
    Nothing really could be said about the film, all we can really do is set a place and time and get a camera. I think revisions should be done at the filming cause your brain starts working or at least mine does when your in the middle of something

20. Oreckel

Jul 18, 2002
    Yeah, but there's a lot of things that need to be worked out before the filming begins.

It looks like we've got two cameras secured, Chris is working on the script, and I've agreed to help Terry out with the post production work.

So that leaves us with what? A location and costumes? Maybe some trophies to give out?

Should we meet again to discuss this, or just work it out here on the messageboard?

21. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    [looks at calander]

Hey kids, time is running out on this little project!

Although I'm happy to be in it, that's about all I have time for right now . . .

22. Pandora_Maul

Pandora_Maul Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2002
    I know that I haven't been active at all on these boards but I like this idea. I was thinking that since there usually are little movies for some of the nominees and for people who died, I could do something like that for maybe Palpantine and I can do it for people who died. I also would like to help out if I can.

23. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I think the messageboard is good to work out everything, but they need to be worked out as much as possible before filming begins or it will become a problem. If two cameras are secured then get a location and and back up location next.

24. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    *huggles Vern*
    Would you guys like me to call Loew's and see if they'd have a problem with us filming in front of them early in the morning or sommat?

25. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    I saw on another thread that the first shooting date was on April 12. I'm pretty sure I posted a while back that I was busy that morning, is there an alternate time to shoot? If I can't make it and this is the only shoot day, you are more than welcome to "recast" Luke or right him out altogether. It won't hurt my feelings! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.