main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Official S.W.A.P. Fan Film Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ZeroCool69, Mar 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    I was under the impression - shooting was April 12th & 19th. We will only have Allison on the 12th ~ if you guys still want her to be Yoda.

Shew ~ r u able to make the 19th?

2. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Yeah, 19th is good for me. Morning is when we are shooting, I'm guessing, and that's all clear.

3. Oreckel

Oreckel Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 2002
    Do we really need an actor to play Yoda? A puppet would work fine, or (if we get desperate) one of those Yoda cups might work, as well. If it's going to be right in front of the camera (and out of focus, as well) people won't be able to notice the difference.

4. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Perhaps you can shoot as much as possible on the 12th, and then film Luke and finish any reshoots needed on the 19th. Remember, if someone calls Loews ask to speak with Lisa Bliss or you won't get anywhere.

5. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Well, dang it, bad news for me. I won't be able to do anything on the 19th now. Em committed us to going up to her mom's for Easter. (We'll be leaving on the 19th early) So that would only leave the 12th for me.

6. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I think alist should be made on what to film on each day based on who is available. For example, the Emperor on the 12th and Luke on the 19th.

7. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Wait the 19th is Easter? I thought it was the last weekend in April. The 19th may not be good for me now- I might be going to Ohio. Man, I'm sorry- I totally thought it was on the next weekend!

Maybe it's time for a replacement Luke?

8. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    *raises hand*
    I'll be calling them today when I get home (Loew's)
    Lisa Bliss? Yeah- she's the girl I called all last time about TTT.

9. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Okay folks. Its just one week to filming and MUCH MUCH needs to be done.

Shooting is scheduled for this Saturday, April 12th. Most likely it will be a morning shoot time. But before a specific meet time can be set, several things need to be done.

First, we need a location. By TUESDAY! IF you were one of the folks that said you would make phone calls and ask around. GO DO IT! Post the replies by Tuesday evening.

Second, cameras. Whoever is bring one, for sure, this Saturday, post on this thread by Tuesday. If you have one, but can't come on Saturday, announce that fact and we'll figure out someone to go pick up the camera from you.

Third, costumes and actors. Lets get confirmation of all participants, again by TUESDAY.

Fourth, the script. Zero gave me the copy at the last meeting and said he would post it so that we could all work on proofing/editing it. I believe he also was having some computer issues, so I'll post it in a seperate thread. Go there, read it. If you have a part, learn you lines. If you have suggestions for rewrites, have them posted by WEDNESDAY.

We have all (myself included) let time get away from us on this project. We are all going to have to scramble this week, but we can do it! :D

10. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    yeah i thought we were cutting things close to the wire.

I'll be whatever you guys need me dressed as- TIE pilot, Jedi, normal guy on the street

11. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    I volunteered to bring the camera. I have class until 12-ish on Saturday. But we will be able to be there right after that < depending on where there is >

12. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    I'm busy from 8:30 to 1 on Saturday, plus I have had no luck with Ceremonial Luke outfit. Does someone want to take my place, or should I find a Karate Gi for farmboy Luke, or what? I'll do what I can and keep an eye on this thread all week.

13. Oreckel

Oreckel Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 2002
    I'm free all of Saturday, so I can bring my Camera and we can shoot with that until Mrs. 66 gets out of class on Saturday.

14. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    ok ~ I called Loews & spoke with Lisa.

She is okay with us using Loews for our fan film as long as we don't bother any of their customers. She would prefer we be done before 11 AM <yes i know this will present problems for people> She said it will be okay to film on the 12th, 13th, 19th, & 20th. I just need to notify her exactly of when we will be there and on which dates.

>>>>>just a side thought ~>What would you guys think about postponing shooting until May 3rd & 4th? This weekend is suppose to be pretty cold & crappy; and some people can't make it until afternoon. If we get organized enough I think we could be able to pull this together in 1 Saturday morning and then the post-production people can do their magic on Sunday and let everyone know if there are any other scenes that need to be shot or re-shot. ~~> just a random thought ~~> whadya think?

15. DarthDahc

DarthDahc Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2002
    I can't do it, im going to in florida from thursday until the 18th which also means tina and stacie can't make it, so i'm sorry but you guys scedualed the shooting without even asking at the meeting and all i do anymore is VRW and so i just found out today by chris so, what can i do im in florida someone else will have ot do maul... sorry

16. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Carrie, with all due respect, these plans have been set. Those that can make it will. Another "event" has been changed because some people couldn't make it while others could. I of course am talking about the Cleveland trip. I still wanted to go and there could have been others as well.

If we keep changing plans when some people can't make it nothing will get done. Or at least in part. We are now too big of a group to consider one or two. Plans have been set and we are supposed to make our schedules accordingly. With regards to the film, we cannot afford to wait until May as Terry will need that time to edit and in the event we need to reshoot anything we'll need those extra couple of weeks for that possibility.

This is now the third event/thing that I have made the attempt to organize and some people want to change it. The first two Cleveland/Film were both planned well enough in advance. That's why they are called plans. The third is the Kennywood day. I brought this up in January and again mentioned it last week. If everyone is so concerned with saving the $4 as you propose so be it but then YOU must commit to organizing the whole deal. I had already done that as well as the previous two events mentioned. I hope that you see that this s VERY frustrating to me. I have worked hard to plan things for the group only to have them changed very near last minute. That is unfair to me and to others who have been planning on these things. Only if you plan on seeing this thing ALL the way through and have thought it out thoroghly should you consider a change. As I understand it the date still is not set for the Cleveland trip and we missed a great opportunity to not only meet our "brethren" in Cleveland but those from Detroit as well.

If your wondering where this may be coming from, it is a result of a conversation that I had with Chris (GC) were we discussed this and she said in her not so subtle way that I need to take the reigns on these things.

So I am. This is not a power trip, (this is what I was fearful everyone might be thinking if I put this out like I am) it is such that these events have been planned and we agreed to them. People including myself on this project have not lived up to their duties that they agreed upon so now I will. The film goes as scheduled. If you (anyone who volunteered) can make it so be it, if not then next time. While I realize things come up for the better of the WHOLE group, which is what we should be thinking, we must go through with our plans. How does it look that we plan something and then do not follow through with it.

In another conversation with GC, she mentioned that the idea of t-shirts had been toyed around with for months and noone would take responsibility for it. I did and it got done. As would the Cleveland trip if I "had been allowed" and as well with this film project. I am not trying to toot my own horn here, what I am saying is that if we commit to doing something and take the time to plan it then we go through with it as planned.
    Otherwise we do a great disservice to ourselves, the group and so on.

Alright, I've repeaed myself a few time so I'll stop here.
    Carrie, please call the lady from Loews to arrange for our shooting schedule and bring your camera. I realize you and Tony can't be there til afternoon, that's okay. Shewski, get the karate gui (SP?) Farmboy Luke is better than none. EVERYONE learn your lines!
    Chris (ZeroCool) be prepared for rewrites on the script this week to be completed BEFORE shooting on Saturday. Those who can volunteer please show up. Don't worry about what you'll be doing, we will need all the help we can get.
    Those that were at the meeting you know your roles in this so let's get to them.
    Saturday we shoot. Rain or shine...(we can edit it as such that it just seems like a change in weather if this happens and not different shooting days)

17. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Ok, I can go find a Gi- I will do what I can to make a halfway decent costume. Just don't shoot me too low (I don't think I have appropriate boots)

Just to make sure I am clear- I will be busy till 1 PM, and the I will drive down to the waterfront and look for you all.

This is all basically assuming that we can shoot that late, correct? As always, I will keep my eyes open on the threads.

18. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I feel the need to expound on this just a little more with a good example.

Take a look at what Garrison Carida does for their event. Joe and Tome will back me up on this....

The leader organizes and evnt at Childrens hospital or maybe a convention of some type. The date is set, of course conventions can't be changed but feasibly they hospital outing could but they DON'T. They realize that not everyone can make it to events and that's perfectly alright with them. As many as can do. It does not hurt the group if only 5 people make it one time and 25 the next.
    These events like ours are meant to enrich our lives as well as others.

My idea behing the Cleveland trip which was to be the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame , was to give our group an opportunity for some cultural exposure other than SW. While this is a SW group we do not have to do everything surrrounded by a SW theme. If that's all we do then we can "stagnate" our minds. This diversity would help. Now I realize that the starfighter exhibit is more appealing because of the what kind of group we are, so be it. I still concur that we as a group need to do other things that will help to enrich us as a group.

Some ideas I've been kicking around in my head are such:
    Carnegie Museum Day
    Science Center Day
    A day a Point State Park (whether this is for an event there or just for us to get together and play frisbee for instance, just an opportunity for us to get out and have fun)

I have not brought these forth because it seems everytime I bring something up someone wants to change it. If someone is so inclined to wanting to change things be prepared to run the event yourself. This is what I will and have done. I consider this as part of my "job" as City Rep to bring these things forward. not that I'm not opposed to listening to new, fresh ideas but it is getting very tiring to plan things only to have them changed by someone else. Again, read what was mentioned of Garrison Carida. They have organized many things and have made a name for themselves. When people call upon them, they know the Garrison will get it done. I'm afraid that at our current pace of indecision or changing things that we will neve be looked at as a credible organization. Sure we've done IMAX but in that instance we could NOT change that date. So why change other things that we plan?

Something is always going to come up for someone, fine. So they can't be a part of whatever it is that we are trying to do. There are and will be many more opportunities for people to be involved.
    Be mindful of what others have done accomplish things for and within the group. If something is planned, and especially if we have had a meeting and agreed to it, then that plan is set in stone.

Okay I'm done again, for now.

19. DarthDahc

DarthDahc Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2002
    Well, i still can't make it and the lady at loews sadi before 11 and evryone is turning up and saying they can't make it till late afternoon, so you shoot you and chris. I mean its just rediculous. I don't remember the date being set at the meeting so i had no clue. Everyone disagreed to having a meeting in april cause of it being a crowed month. I mean it just to difficult for everyone to get along with this suggestion, this thing being one of the thigns i think the WHOLE group should be included on.

May would be good i think for everyone, i mean shewski and i think some others still have to get a costume together for crying out loud. This way we will be able to get a better spot and have time to work with.

20. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Ok, little update on the Shewski front:

I got ace bandages for my boots, a nice web belt/pouch, but NO GI! Agh!

I need some major help in finding a white karate gi, the top only. If anyone has any ideas on where to find a cheap (around $20) shirt, please let me know. If someone has one they can let me use for the shoot, also let me know. The best I found was a real gi at my local CS Kim school, but that was $45.

21. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Okay, here's my two credits, in my own 'not too subtle way' [wink and grin]

No more date changes. In order to get this edited, it has to be shot. The date for filming was set ages ago (although it should have registered on me that the Florida people wouldn't be able to make it, sorry)

Corran, you said you'd be willing to play any role we had for you. If Chad is willing to lend you his Sith Costume, would you take the role of Darth Maul? I'll ask Chad tomorrow in class . . .

Farmboy luke will work fine. Anyone have a pair of brown boots that might fit shewski? We could also wrap his legs in light biege cloth . . .

Since it seems like our folks will be mainly available in the afternoon, that means filming at the Loews is out. There is a very nice, long red runner rug at the high school. I will ask the principal if I can borrow it for the weekend. With that 'prop' we can use some other location as the outside of a theater. Say the Carnegie Library (or some other Library) A nice public place open to everyone. I will also see if there is anything going on at the High School this Saturday afternoon. If so, maybe I could get permission to film there. Everyone else think about where we could film this. Indoors if possible.

Orekal, bring your camera. Same with you Mrs. 1966. I'm figuring meet time will be about 1:00, with people arriving as they can. Oh, and Mrs. 1966 would you also bring the raffle tickets for the comicon raffle?

Do we have any of our Imperial guards coming? I haven't heard from Rox about this, is he still playing George Lucas?? Sal, please call the Imps and Rox.

I'm also going to call an absolute halt to any discussion on this board that doesn't have to do directly with this fanfilm. Take everything else someplace that's else.

All of us let this slide, and there is limited time to finish this. So we do it and hope for the best.

22. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Shewski: Gabriel's is good for cheap stuff. For this gig why not go to a thrift store. Stuff is real cheap there. You need not invest a fortune into this.

Alright Chad here's the deal.

This is for you as well as everyone else to understand about this particular project...
    I posted a thread sometime in February at least could have been sooner asking for people who wanted to help make a fanfilm. Those that responded agreed to have a meeting in Februrary to discuss what we would film and when. That was set in stone. If you came on boards later maybe you didn't get filled in properly as to the schedule. As to having Shewski get his Gi this had been discussed as well at the meeting. I don't really carre which costume is worn so long as it's somewhat reminiscent of a SW costume and he as well as all of the rest of us had a good month and a half to get our appropriate costumes. Jobs were delegated to those who volunteered for them for instance scouting a location, getting a camera and so on. I blame myself for not following up with those folks but also should have to pester anyone about it either, so I took a laid back approch which hasn't worked.

That's why my last couple of post have been so aggressive. People committed to doing this full well knowing the time constraint and nearly all of myself included have dropped the ball. We do not have the luxury of filming in May due to editing time needed mailing time for the final tape. We knew this would be a hard undertaking. Maybe I was dreaming too much I don't know but when I saw the positive reponse I thought it could be down. It still can be if those who said they would participate still will. This is a group thing but not the whole of SWAP as the whole group did not participate. This is not up for voting. Again that is due to time constraints. If those involed do not wish to pursue this enture than so be it. POST it here. But as I have mentioned this will only bring a negative impact however great or small on the group. I know that I personally will be highly disappointed if we don't even try, as some measure of effort has already be made to pull this off.

I mentioned that I will make a film no matter what and if need be I still will, even if it means buying a rinky dink camera and shooting a Larry King style interview with "Larry" and me as either the Emperor or a Jedi. For me personally the idea of this was to get some practical experience and see how we can work under pressure to get something done. If it's decided that the club wants to do a film for next year it woudl have been nice to have had people with some practical experience. That said, Next years go around can still happen and be very good but when it gets planned out as this one has EVERYONE who commits to helping in whatever capacity will be expected to honor that. That's what I asked for in the begining of this and that's what I still ask for. If the plan goes bust, that's okay, but we shouldn't shoot it down and certainly in this instance not shave off 4-5 weeks when we are already under the gun.

So Saturday providing we can still get permission, we will shoot at Loews starting 1pm til whenever. Although we will have to be mindful of crowds and daylight.

EDIT: Ah so GC beat me to this. Well anyway, if we can still shoot at Loews so be it, if not GC we really need you to be on the ball then for your school thing be it either the carpet of use of the school itself.

23. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    Sal, check your PM's I will be an adult and keep this off the boards - as u being CR should have done also

as far as anything else from me = I'm no longer available for anything at this time.

24. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Oh, something I forgot. The Stormi Award prop . . . who is making it?

25. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    Ah crud,

Um not to get any one angry at me or tramp on sore toes but a family matter has come up for the 12th. Nothing serious so don't worry bout the canukle head. (Yes i've been in my comic stash again..) And no I'm not going fishing though i will be heading north wards.

:( :( Sorry guys :( :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.