Pittsburgh, PA Official S.W.A.P. Fan Film Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ZeroCool69, Mar 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    In my opinion the location issue should have been addressed LONG ago with an atlernate location and alternate filming dates set in stone. Too much time was wasted on the 'what' instead of the 'how'. If Loews allows us to film there then at least rain would not be an issue because the entrance is covered. However, since everyone can't make it there early, perhaps later would be best? I will try to come up with a possible location that could be used on the evening.

I will gladly help out on Saturday but I'm not sure there is anything that I could help with.
  2. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I'm here GC. I have a flannel ready to go. Does anyone have a bow tie? I think that might be a funny addition. I didn't grow a beard but got a fake one to use. (I really didn't have the patience to grow a full beard.) Also what time are we gonna meet up? 8 am-ish? The night before I most likely will be at my grandfathers house so I don't have to drive that far in the morning. The sooner I know the details the sooner I tell gramps I'm crashing at his place. [face_mischief]
  3. Oreckel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Since it seems like our folks will be mainly available in the afternoon, that means filming at the Loews is out.

Why? She said that the Lowes lady would prefer before 11, but she's fine with anything as long as we don't disturb her customers. At most movie theaters I've been to, you can see a quite little corner in the distance somewhere. We could shoot back there.
  4. DarthDahc Jedi Master

star 3
    I guess tom won't be borrowing my sith costume then... anyone else can't make it?
  5. Saberpilot Jedi Master

star 4
    *raises hand*
    I said in the beginning depending on my work, I didn't know if I'd be able to make it. I start at 5, so I don't know. I don't think I will because my parents aren't happy about my report card, and are not grounding me, but keeping me essentially 'in the house'. *sigh*
  6. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Sal, Where/What is Gabriel's? I probably could get one at a costume store, if I knew where one was.

GC, I bought some 4" Ace bandages to wrap around my legs as "boots", so the only thing that you should try to avoid will be my feet themselves. The rest of my legs are fine!

7. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Okay, Loews it is. I'm guessing Loews in Waterfront? Someone (and post that you have, please) please call Loews to confirm. Ideally the person that asked in the first place . . . okay, I'm too lazy to look up who that was.

Meet time will be 1PM at the doors facing the smoke stacks.

Anyone who is available, please come. We now need a Darth Maul . . . So Orekal, do you happen to have some black pants, black shoes and a black turtleneck???? ;)

Rox, do you still have that blong wig you mentioned for 'Roan Jivers'?

Whitney, since it will just be down the street at Loews, for a few hours, any change you could convince the parents to let you come?

8. Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    i contacted Loews and left a message for Lisa informing her of the groups decision. I left my name and number if she had any issues to let me know. If she contacts me I will direct her to either Sal or Chris.

>> I only called because I was the one who "tried" to help earlier by calling
  9. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    I've called all the local Martial Arts places I can think of off the top of my head, and they are referring me to Dunham's/Dicks. EDIT- Which does not carry anything, except on their website. Does anyone else have any ideas on where to get a Martial Arts Uniform top for Farmboy Luke?

YET another EDIT

I found some good places on the net, but the thing that won't work is shipping. Please post if you have any ideas!

I love this EDIT button

Ok, does anyone who is coming have a khaki colored Jedi Robe top that I may borrow? That might work if I can't find anything better- off white is better than white since its dirty on Tatooine.
  10. corran_16201 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I would loan you mine Shew but it wouldn't work it'd be too short plus it has dark blue trim and writing on the back sorry man.
  11. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    http://tatooine.fortunecity.com/swampthing/97/luke-skywalker.html

The guy on this page said he bought the martial arts "gi" from a martial arts store for $10. Don't any local martial arts stores sell them?
  12. corran_16201 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Uh fluke heres the thing as I've learned there really ain't any such things in the area. My uniform came from a company in West Virginia, and my belt from North Carolina I think. Now there just might be a small one tucked away somewhere but I have yet to find one between here and monroeville.
  13. ZeroCool69 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ummm, wow.
    First, I want to apologize for being gone for so long. I've been having massive computer/internet problems. I should have let someone know or done something, but I didn't; I'm sorry. GC, thank you for putting the script up on a thread. I had planned on doing it, but without internet access it was a bit difficult. I will put in the suggested changes, and put a revised version up there, or just the revised sections. As far as the film goes, I'm assuming that we are still going ot give it our best shot, unless it is decided otherwise. I'll try to stay onlne as much as possible.
  14. jedi_1966 Jedi Master

star 3
    I won't be able to make this weekend. but maybe next weekend.
  15. Saberpilot Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll see- if we're definately doing it at Loew's, remember Lisa said she doesn't want us to make problems b/c of the guests coming in.
    If we're doing it at Loew's, I might be able to help out for a few hours. Are we definately doing it there? If so, I'm sure that wouldn't be a large problem- just convincing the parents is the major obstacle.
  16. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, I was using that link as inspiration, Fluke. I wish I had that guy's martial arts store!

I went to the army surplus store, they didn't have anything, and then to CS Kim's in Monroeville. He doesn't have cheap uni's, they are $45.

I'm searching for options at this point- the jedi tunic would work well, I think. I just need a tan-one (think Obi in Ep1). Worst case, I have the day off on Friday so I can go the bath-robe route... ::shudders::

17. corran_16201 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thats because master kim likes money.

But I didn't say that....;)

18. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Script revisions have been posted.

Do we have a Qui-Gon? Do we have a Darth Maul?? I think that was one of the better scenes . . .

Here's a suggested location change. Since this is supposed to be at the Imperial Palace, since Loews at Waterfront on a Saturday Afternoon is going to be extremely crowded, I am thinking that the steps of the Carnegie Library in Oakland would work great. Weather is supposed to be better on Saturday, and truth to tell, so long as it isn't raining, what does the temperature matter (that's why its called acting)

Remeber . . . The show must go on! :cool:
  19. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Chris, Carrie did call Loews and we do have the go ahead to film there as long as we don't disturb the patrons.

I still think it's a good idea to shoot there. hey maybe we can even get a bunch of them to chear for us as background noise.

I don't know if we can get permission to do this at the Carnegie Library. Even though it's a public place, they may frown on us filming there.

We don't have much time here so we should just stick to the plan. However if you want to call the library anyway as a back-up plan and/or the crew wants to try for shooting there then go for it. But we'll need to get an answer on that tomorrow.

BTW did you talk with your principal about getting the red carpet or using the school?

For everyone involved with this?Right now we're set to shoot at Loews on Sat at 1pm. If Chris can get permission for us to shot at either the Carnegie Library or her school do you folks want to change it to one of those places?

If so post which one you prefer, but we'll need those posts by tomorrow evening as well.

Shewski, any luck on the outfit?

There's at least two thrift stores not far from me. You want me to look there for something for you? What price range are you looking to keep within? (At a thrift store it should be rather cheap)

Oreckel you have the camera right?

I have the Stormie. I just have to paint it gold and it's ready to go.

Chris don't forget the Yoda mask. Btw, I haven't asked but how your outfit look. Will you be a blond like Joan or stay natural?

Chris (ZeroCool) you'll be there Saturday right? IF not we'll need to know o I can get the script printed off.

Dan (Fluke) are you going to be able to make it?

We'll have only a few hours this Saturday. I figure from 1pm to 6pm at best. Then there's next Saturday same time and place. Let all get together folks and pull this off.
  20. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    No, no new luck on the shirt. I was hoping that someone had a jedi shirt I could borrow. My plan as of now is to go the the thrift store in Monroeville, and if that doesn't work, to hit up Target for whatever looks the best. I'll go on Friday, I have the day off so I can go see doctors, destists, and optometerists. If you can find something, that would be great! My price range is preferably under $10 since it's just a shirt, but I'd do under $20 when push comes to shove.

If not Loews I'd rather do Chris' school. It's closer to me ;)

21. Oreckel Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'll try to print off a few copies of the script before I leave. Backups are always nice, and it would stink if we couldn't film it becuase someone forgot the script...

How many copies should we bring? Maybe about 2-4, just so we can be sure to have enough.

*edit*
    One more notice:

Does anyone have some audio-recording equiment that we can borrow? I have none, every camera's built-in mic stinks, even the professional ones. What I need is a microphone that fits into a standard jack, that has it's own power source. Lapel mics would be best, they will pick up the best sound.

If you don't have a camera microphone, we can (last resort) try to use a standard tape recorder and attempt to get this into the computer. If I can get it in the computer we can dub it over, and it will be almost as good as something that came from an external camera microphone.
  22. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    I will be there, wherever there may be.

Sal, there are a coupleof places in Oakland that could work, but my memory is foggy about exactly how they look, so maybe you give give them a look since you work there.

1. The front doors to the music hall section of the carnegie library. The never open these doors and I think it might look kind of regal-like

2. The upper main entrance of the Hillman Library is never used any more. We would probably have the patio area and front entrance to ourselves.

3. Perhaps the entrance to Soilders and Sailors hall if nothing is going on?

4. The entrance to one of the chaples next to the Cathedral of Learning.

Perhaps filming outside of one of the doors at Loews where they put the older movies and where less people are would work. If you stand at the main entrance I don't see how the customers are not going to be disturbed. Plus the background noise would probably present a problem.
  23. Oreckel Jedi Knight

star 3
    ^^
    One of the reasons we need a good mic.

At a last resort we may be able to have people come in for voice-overs, but my computer isn't setup to do that at this point. I don't know about Terry's studio.
  24. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Alright folks this is starting to look like we can pull this off.

Shewski, if you don't find what you need by Friday say 3pm let me know by PM, post e-mail or you can call me. Make sure I know. I'll be doing my usual shopping on Friday night and will find something. If I can't find it Friday night I'll go to the two thrift stores near me and get something there. If you have to do the bathrobe thing we'll cut it down to the right size. Do you have tan or Khaki pants for the farmboy Luke outfit?

Okay so it looks like we can shott two of the three segments this weekend. That will gives us only one for next weekend.

I guess we still need a Maul and if Tony can make it and wants to pplay Qui-Gon then we're half way there on that part. If Tony can't then who can fill this role and who can fill the Maul role. If we can't get something together for this segment, Chris (ZeroCool) you'll need to come up with something quick. Everyone else think of what we can do for the third segment if it looks like that part isn't coming together. Let's get submission for a replacement segment by this Saturday.

If all goes as planned, we'll have either the raw footage or the first rough cut to view on Friday of the Comicon.

Thanks greatly to you folks for hanging in there. We're going to give this our best shot for the limited means and time we have. I appreciate your time and dedication to this.
  25. Shewski Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, can do, Sal.

I do have some very light khaki pants that will work well for Luke's pants. I'll wrap the ace bandages to make "boots", and I have a decent looking black web belt and pouch for Luke's belt. I'll see what I can do during my friday and then get back to you. It sounds like you know what you are doing when it comes to cutting down costumes, is there anything special I should do, or do you want to do it once I get there?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.