main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Official S.W.A.P. Fan Film Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ZeroCool69, Mar 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Do you want me to bring my imperial or jedi costume?

2. Shewski

Shewski Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    I posted a little rewrite for my second line. Check it out, let me know if it will fly!

3. Oreckel

Oreckel Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 2002
    I have a friend who owns his own camera and external mic (good one, at that) - do you guys mind if I invite him Saturday, or should this be a SWAP-only event?

4. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Saber, bring your imperial costume. You can stand next to the Emperor and look imposing.

Orekal -- bring whoever you can, SWAP or not. Leia is being played by my youngest sister (no big fan of SW) and the Jawa & Yoda by my nephew & niece (yes fans of SW but at 6 and 4 a little to young to be on the boards)

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Definately bring him along. All the help we can get is appreciated.

6. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    exactly WHERE are we meeting on saturday?

1Pm at what location

7. Oreckel

Jul 18, 2002
    I'll invite him - I'm not sure what he's doing next Saturday.

GreenCat-

Look through the thread, I believe we're meeting at the front doors, but I'm not sure.

One other question:
    The grand prize for this contest is a cash prize and a trip to Lucas's ranch. If we win (ha!), who gets to go? They're not paying for 20 tickets for all of us.

And what about the cash prize? Just split it?

8. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I would go, of course!

9. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    More good news- Josh starts at 5, like me, so he and I are going to come together- he said he'll help out however he can. ^_^

10. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Oreckel and to everyone. If we are lucky enough to win in any categorie, prize money will be divided. As to the Ranch we (the film crew) can discuss that later. Maybe just pull a name out of hat for those who were involoved with the project.

This isn't really a SWAP event persay, just a bunch of us from the group making the film. Anyone who wants to participate can. Like Terry said we need all the help we can get.

Saber bring whatever costume you want, but with the lack of Imperial extras at the moment please bring your Imp outfit as well. If you want to be a Jedi extra you can do that too.

Chris(GC) any word on the red carpet?

So far we are still a go for Loews. At this point if it were to change we'd be out Whitney and Josh so for the sake of their help let's just keep it at Loews. we'll worry about the crowds/noise when we get there. I really don't think it will be all that bad, but we'll see.

Are there any big movies coming out this weekend? If so, maybe we can use this to our advantage. if not then we will be less disruptive and the crowds will be less disruptive to us as well. (We hope).

After the Film what do you folks want to do with the Golden "Stormie". I can donate it to the group as a trophy for some contest or we can pass it around the crew every month. What do you think?

11. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    If you wanted to change the location (as in it's too loud or noisy or whatever-) there is always Homestead Library, and they're usually pretty quiet up there- I walk there and back from both work and home all the time. It's nearby, so we wouldn't have to move everything *extremely* far- that can be a backup plan, maybe?
    ^_^ Was planning to wear the Imp costume. :D

12. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    So to make it clear . . .

We will all meet at 1PM at the Loew in Waterfront, outside, at the doors facing the smokestacks (which I believe are actually the 'back' doors, away from the rest of the Waterfront.)

Sal, did you call the Waterfront Loews to confirm the permission for us to shoot there in the afternoon?

If a problem arises, we can still meet there and then relocate to wherever . . .

and yes, I have the red carpet.

final script revisons are up. (and before anyone complains, even Lucas makes last minute changes on the script while they are actually shooting.)

somehow, I don't think we have to worry about who in our group goes to Skywalker Ranch and how to split the prize money ;)

13. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    Ok, here the latest on Luke's Shirt:

I went tons of places and no one sells cheap, white bathrobes/ longsleeved scrubs. Grrr!

The best I was able to do was buy a white sheet for .75, I'm working on rigging it up to look halfway decent.

Sal, if you see anything that will work out better in your shopping, feel free to pick it up. Like I said, I'm looking to spend under $20 dollars on this top.

I'll check the boards when I get back tonight.

14. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I printed out 8 copies of the script and fixed most of the misspells. (I still may have missed a couple but most were caught)

15. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I just talked to Tony and he said he will be able to make it to the next filming day but can't come this weekend. Since he didn't have a chance to post it he wanted me to let everyone know.

16. ZeroCool69

ZeroCool69 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2002
    Hey all. Just wanted to say, I will be there tomorrow, although I will have be be back home be about 5. Sat are the only days I get to see my dad, an I skipped out a bit early last Sat on account of my 21st. But I don't think it'll be a problem.

17. Shewski

Jul 12, 2002
    I'm gonna stay up to make my Luke shirt... it should look pretty good, if all works out. See you tomorrow!

PS- If I am needed, call my cell @ 412-607-3061. I won't have it on in the morning, but I'll check it as soon as I leave my morning class.

18. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    What a perfect day for shooting. The clearest of skies. SO blue that Allen (Oreckel) and Terry/Rox said they can CG in some ships flying in the background.

We had a GREAT turn-out for cast and crew. Everyone arrive on schedule (well maybe Terry was late by a minute or two) ha ha. Anyay, after make-up was done by Chris's (GC) sister Susan we set up the location. Loews even let us use some of the "ropes". We had many people stop and watch us. Even a set of "Japanese tourist" stopped and took some photographs.

Chris looked great as "Roan Jivers" Mice wig, ha ha. Also a great job on her other sister's outfit who played Leia.

I struggled with my lines at first but got better and after a test run through for camera set-up we took two major takes and a couple of partial takes. We had two cameras shooting, One on GC and one on the "Celebrities". We were able to shot the Emperor's scene as well as the LUke/Leia scene and the "Stormie" scene. GC's sis's kids were VERY well behaved and much thanks goes to all of her family who helped out. Chris (ZeroCool) did a good job or directing and Terry did an Awesome job of Umbrella holder, ha ha. Special thanks to Whitney and Josh who showed up in costume.

I can honestly say that it went much better than we might have thought. While this is going to be cheesy at best, it still was fun and next weekend we can wrap this puppy up and send it to editing.

Allen will be contacting Terry to get us a raw or rough cut by Comicon.

After all the work most of us went over to Damon's across the street where Whitney and Josh both work. We had fun playing the trivia game and ate some good food. All of the remaining t-shirts with the last exception of Mari-Hari were given out. (Tony, Carrie and Tom/Corran-Terry has your shirts and will be deivering it to the you folksat your house sometime this week. (Tom/Corran, you'll have to go of to their house to pick up your shirt)

Somehow we always end up eating at events, whether before or after, ha ha.

Well anyway, I think everyone had a good time and we got alot accomplished. Good luck and have fun to those next week. I'll be out of town so I won't be able to attend.

19. Oreckel

Jul 18, 2002
    Hey, guys. Today was a perfect day for the shoot, although the sun was a little bright, which put glares on our camera's LCD panels. Terry had to hold an umbrella over my camera so I could see...lol.

Right now the footage is on a MiniDV tape, not a VHS tape. MiniDV won't fit into a VCR, so possibly later tonight I'll transfer the footage onto a VHS tape that we can play at the comicon for everyone to see. I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend the comicon or not at this point, I'll be able to tell you guys later. If I can't, I'll mail a VHS tape to either Terry or Sal to bring.

20. Oreckel

Jul 18, 2002
    Alright, guys...the official "George Lucas vs. S.W.A.P." fight begins...

I was really impressed with how well the Emporer turned out. Sal was facing me at just the right angle that he looked like the Emporer...that you could just barely see the tip of his nose. :D

Here you guys go:

Emporer Sal

21. Oreckel

Jul 18, 2002
    Okay, guys - here's your new photo gallery. They're not in chronological order (they're not in any order...lol), but I hope you enjoy them, anyway. :)

S.W.A.P. FanFilm Photo Gallery

22. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Nice lookin' pics, Oreckel. Looks like you guys had some fun. Too bad I had to miss out on it, as I was busy having the life leached out of me at my H.A.F.H. (aka: Home Away From Home, aka: work).

You guys slip something into Saberpilot's drink while there? In the the 11th picture down, it kinda looks like she's gonna hurl... heh heh... 8-}

At any rate, lookin' forward to seeing the final product when it's all said and done.

I need to go to sleep. Tomorrow's a long day.

Lights, camera,
    Yours Truly!

23. MetalliJedi

MetalliJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2002
    Yes a great time was had by all. Oreckel great shots. I'll be there again next week too. I have a meeting in the morn and then I work at 5. With any luck Saberpilot will be able to join me as well.

24. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    HOW FUN!!!!

I admit, going into the shoot on Sat. I had serious doubts (disaster of epic proportions was the main descripter I was using) Wow, was I WRONG!

It was extremely fun! Fluke as 'best boy' holding random props, being my off screen partner in the opening 'miling around' shot, and 'snaping' the scene board. Josh and Whitney are great extras. Our fantastic filming crew (with dedicated mom helping out. Isn't it great the way family memembers can get dragged into assisting on these things ;) ) Shewski and Sal, great acting (once Sal got his lines down :D ) And Shewski was GREAT with the kids, keeping them occupied while other filming was going on.

The kids had a fantastic time and are looking forward to seeing the video. My sister Mary Kay (leia) also had alot of fun, but was a bit concerned that everyone might think a bit badly of her because when anyone said any SW quote to her, she just looked back blankly. For example -- she had no clue as to what that "Toshe Station" line meant at all. She thought it might be a reference to some bar :D Did I forget to say that she is NOT a fan, at all. She saw the films in the theaters, back in the 70's/80s, mostly because she got dragged along when I went. But thats about it. She did however, have fun with the filming and liked meeting 'some of my little Star Wars friends'

Sorry I missed the after filming get together at Damons (although I have to say my sisters, and my parents, who joined us later, did have a fantastic evening together)

The only bad in the entire experience was the nasty sunburn I ended up with. With a white line around my neck were the necklace was!

Really, this was so much fun. I think it went really well. Thanks for posting those pics, by the way! Hopefully, I'll have the roll of film Terry & I shot developed by next week's shoot!

25. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    :D
    It was a lot of fun- especially the little tours up and down the elevator with Chris's little nephew (I love little kids! ^_^)
    As for something being in my drink, I dunno- I only drank at Damon's, and soda does something to me.. ^_~
    Lots of fun- made up a new dance. The happy imperial dance. To those of you who haven't seen it yet- ask terry. He saw me doing it towards the loew's theatre doors (reflection). It is a work of art. ^_^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.